• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kenneth Walker III Appreciation Thread

I am sure Clawson would be happy to develop 4 star guys.

NFL teams are adding RPO plays to their playbooks.

Yes, but that's not the same as making it your SOP. It will never be that in the NFL, for one, because it is just too boring.
Second, I'm pretty sure Jamie left, partly, for the same reason. (I.e. he wanted to show his ability in a more Pro set O.) If that talk was the scuttlebutt of the team his last year, I'm sure there is a chance such locker room speculation influenced Walker.

Yes, but that's not the same as making it your SOP. It will never be that in the NFL, for one, because it is just too boring.
Second, I'm pretty sure Jamie left, partly, for the same reason. (I.e. he wanted to show his ability in a more Pro set O.) If that talk was the scuttlebutt of the team his last year, I'm sure there is a chance such locker room speculation influenced Walker.

[video]https://c.tenor.com/f2TGQyt2FiwAAAAC/conan-hello.gif[/video]

The RPO functions best when the QB spends a lit of time studying and learning the opposing defenses. Then reading them correctly. We saw that from upper classmates John Wolford. We are now seeing that from fourth year Sam Hartman.

Boring? Roberson was one of the top receivers in NCAA in yards. So was Sage. Most points scored in WF history.

Scoring is boring?

Not to mention the fact that if NFL coaches find a "boring" offense that consistently wins games, get ready for some boring-ass football.

The RPO functions best when the QB spends a lit of time studying and learning the opposing defenses. Then reading them correctly. We saw that from upper classmates John Wolford. We are now seeing that from fourth year Sam Hartman.

Boring? Roberson was one of the top receivers in NCAA in yards. So was Sage. Most points scored in WF history.

Scoring is boring?

Winning is boring?

quit on his team right after this meeting:

Fox didn’t want to go through another year like 2020, but he realized 2021 would be different after a player-led Zoom meeting in November following Wake Forest’s 59-53 loss to North Carolina. It felt as if the team was at a breaking point, and the gist of that meeting was this: Those who don’t want to do this anymore can leave now. But everyone who stays finishes correctly. As Fox appraised all those teammates who chose to stay, he knew he couldn’t leave. He loved these people, and he wanted to spend another year with them.

https://theathletic.com/2858276/202...as-come-of-age-by-taking-the-mature-approach/

Commentator comments:
Longest run from scrimmage in MSU history
170+ yards in 3rd quarter
Now leads the nation in rushing.

Oh well....

Second longest run of his career after his 96 yard TD run against Rice in 2019

Walker's like someone who quits a cushy job paying $2M a year and everyone thinks they're nuts, then they land a $5M a year job... Back half of their schedule is where the real opponents live though - Michigan, Purdue, Ohio State, and Penn State all coming up. It'll be next to impossible to keep his stats going.

Walker's like someone who quits a cushy job paying $2M a year and everyone thinks they're nuts, then they land a $5M a year job... Back half of their schedule is where the real opponents live though - Michigan, Purdue, Ohio State, and Penn State all coming up. It'll be next to impossible to keep his stats going.

Still looking really good though. Would love those numbers against Cuse. Will he win the Doak Walker award?

Prediction: MSU will flame out towards the end of season and Walker Heisman talk will die down. 76% confidence.

I say he keeps it up. He is a special back. And no Wake Forest fan is the least bit surprised. Cuz we all knew it.

Kenneth Walker III regarding his 94-yard TD run:

“I think I had a 96-yard run at Wake.”

If only we still had KWIII we might be undefeated and ranked in the top 25.

He is orders of magnitude better than Beal Smith.

At the same time, we might not have developed our passing as much if we relied on him.

Back