• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kenneth Walker III Appreciation Thread

Do any of y'all actually know why he decided to transfer?

Last edited:
Do any of y'all actually know why he decided to transfer?

DonaldRoss 8-D chess. He facilitated the move and put a lot of $ on Wake in the offseason. He is now influencing ACC refs to paved the way for Wake to win the conference (Louisville sniffed it out b/c there’s still a good relationship between DR and Elrond, thankfully no one believes them). MSU plays Wake in the CFP final. After running all over us in the first half, MSU is up by 1 with the ball and 1:57 left. DR whistles, and yells out “Yo! Kenneth!” He straightens his tie, Diggstown-style, and sits down. The next snap, KWIII takes the hand off and proceeds to run backwards, through the back of the end zone. Safety. Deacs up 1 and move to victory formation. Wake gets a natty and DR buys his 11th and 12 th business.

If only we still had KWIII we might be undefeated and ranked in the top 25.

We would be a better team if we had KWIII. Just like we would have been better if Dortch, Sage, Jamie, etc. had played out their eligibility with us. I get that we are having a great season and focusing on KW isn't the best way to enjoy it, but I'm hopeful that we are able to get some of our current studs to stick it out with us.

We would be a better team if we had KWIII. Just like we would have been better if Dortch, Sage, Jamie, etc. had played out their eligibility with us. I get that we are having a great season and focusing on KW isn't the best way to enjoy it, but I'm hopeful that we are able to get some of our current studs to stick it out with us.

Seems pretty clear at this point that our most talented skill position players aren’t completely satisfied that this program and offensive style prepares them for the draft. I think Clawson has built a program and a system here to win 7 games every year, and he’s not going to change it, which means that we are going to occasionally lose some players who want a bigger spotlight and a different playbook.

Also, NIL potential is going to start making a very big impact on the transfer pool. All these “diamond in the rough” unheralded recruits are going to develop at small schools and then transfer to big market schools where they can cash in. Right now KW3 can probably get $100 an autograph, sell his own t shirts for $45, and get 75k for a stupid car dealership
commercial. I don’t know of any Wake player making NIL money right now.

Seems pretty clear at this point that our most talented skill position players aren’t completely satisfied that this program and offensive style prepares them for the draft. I think Clawson has built a program and a system here to win 7 games every year, and he’s not going to change it, which means that we are going to occasionally lose some players who want a bigger spotlight and a different playbook.

Also seems pretty clear to me that we have gotten and retained really good talent at the skill positions. Despite Walker's departure, we still have 3 really good tailbacks and despite Donovan Greene being out for the year and despite a highly rated Groulz being a complete bust here, we are still putting a great group of receivers on the field this year. This staff deserves a lot of credit for the talent they are bringing in. When Clawson first got here our talent at the skill positions was terrible really.

False narrative.

Jaquarri Roberson is not our most talent skill position player? I missed where he isn't satisfied with the program. Sam Hartman isn't a talented skill position player (fwiw, always felt like the motivation for the Jamie Newman decision to leave WF was that he knew Hartman played better than Newman did at the end of the season, and Newman knew in the back of his mind that Hartman might beat him out in 2020 and dash any NFL hopes, which turned out to be a fantasy)? AT Perry seems pretty satisfied. Taylor Morin -- satisfied. Scottie Washington -- satisfied. Matt Coburn - loved WF. Cade Carney - yeah, he and his family are so dissatisfied that his brother with tons of college options picked WF. Same with Brett Griffs and his brother. FWIW, if you were to breakdown the skill position players that transferred to other program would be confident that WF has had fewer than almost anyone.

With all of the skill position studs that WF has had over recent years, WF has had ONE transfer an take a snap for another program. KW3. To this day, no one knows the real story as to why KW3 left, but from those inside the program, including the recent Athletic article, made it clear that KW3's decision to leave had more to do with the fact that he went home during the program's COVID pause, and at that point, it was either you are in or you are out, and he was out. Some people here grasp so hard to try to pin the decision on WF "system" when there is no support for that position. There have been rumblings that there may have been academic issues, and that KW3 decision may have been motivated by his father, more than KW3.

Further the idea that an offensive system is particularly crucial for running back to get an NFL look is delusional. There are NFL HOF running backs that played in the wishbone in college. If you can run, NFL teams will find you regardless of what the college offensive system is. Antonio Gibson was a kick returner and hybrid receiver/wingback for Memphis, and he was a third round draft as a RB, and is in the top 10 in the NFL in rushing. Hard to think of a story on these boards that people of taken and run with more than KW3 transferring. Culture problem. Wrong. Massive program dissatisfaction with the system. Wrong. WF doesn't get players ready for the NFL. Wrong.

Somebody tell me how the board meme developed that Rafi works for the AD when it’s clearly Pilchard.

Nah, I’m just messing with you. You do have some blind spots, don’t we all, but appreciate your information and passion.

Dortch
Surratt
Donovan Greene
Roberson
AT Perry
Morin

We've had some great WR lately. I hope Donovan Greene returns next year and forms a dynamic duo with Perry or trio with Perry and Roberson. If he does return healthy, we will eclipse the "system to win 7 games" this year AND next year.

This year we are winning minimum 9 and likely more.

Really? I think exactly one talented skill position player has transferred and played under "a bigger spotlight and a different playbook," and he's got an entire stupid thread dedicated to what he's doing now. Carney and Colburn played their full eligibility at Wake. CBS apparently will too. Serigne, Bachman, and Washington all played 4 years at Wake and got NFL looks. Dortch spent 3 years at Wake. I think we would all feel differently about him if he hadn't redshirted his freshman year, but he didn't leave for a bigger spotlight and a different playbook, he left for the NFL. Hinton is playing in the NFL and spent 5 years at Wake. I wish Walker had stayed, but there is not an exodus of talent leaving Wake at the earliest opportunity.

This entire thread is LOWF. I stopped caring about KWIII the day after he transferred. We also got a few transfers to Wake, including Vilain and Turner who came from Michigan and have had big impacts. Also, it's pretty stupid to call Clawson's system one to win 7 games a year while we're sitting at 6-0. Success on the field will lead to more success recruiting, which leads to more talented and deeper rosters. We're on the right track. Losing one season of KWIII has cost us exactly 0 wins.

False narrative.

Jaquarri Roberson is not our most talent skill position player? I missed where he isn't satisfied with the program. Sam Hartman isn't a talented skill position player (fwiw, always felt like the motivation for the Jamie Newman decision to leave WF was that he knew Hartman played better than Newman did at the end of the season, and Newman knew in the back of his mind that Hartman might beat him out in 2020 and dash any NFL hopes, which turned out to be a fantasy)? AT Perry seems pretty satisfied. Taylor Morin -- satisfied. Scottie Washington -- satisfied. Matt Coburn - loved WF. Cade Carney - yeah, he and his family are so dissatisfied that his brother with tons of college options picked WF. Same with Brett Griffs and his brother. FWIW, if you were to breakdown the skill position players that transferred to other program would be confident that WF has had fewer than almost anyone.

With all of the skill position studs that WF has had over recent years, WF has had ONE transfer an take a snap for another program. KW3. To this day, no one knows the real story as to why KW3 left, but from those inside the program, including the recent Athletic article, made it clear that KW3's decision to leave had more to do with the fact that he went home during the program's COVID pause, and at that point, it was either you are in or you are out, and he was out. Some people here grasp so hard to try to pin the decision on WF "system" when there is no support for that position. There have been rumblings that there may have been academic issues, and that KW3 decision may have been motivated by his father, more than KW3.

Further the idea that an offensive system is particularly crucial for running back to get an NFL look is delusional. There are NFL HOF running backs that played in the wishbone in college. If you can run, NFL teams will find you regardless of what the college offensive system is. Antonio Gibson was a kick returner and hybrid receiver/wingback for Memphis, and he was a third round draft as a RB, and is in the top 10 in the NFL in rushing. Hard to think of a story on these boards that people of taken and run with more than KW3 transferring. Culture problem. Wrong. Massive program dissatisfaction with the system. Wrong. WF doesn't get players ready for the NFL. Wrong.

The bolded above is exactly what I've been told by an NFL scout.

WF will be favored over @ Army (-7.5) and Duke (-14.5). The games @ BC, @ UNC and home against State WF would be close to a pick. WF would be catching 8.5 at Clemson. As always, the spreads will adjust based upon upcoming results. Based upon on that, WF over/under win total would either be 9.5 or 10. Meaning WF is slightly more likely to win 10 or more games than 9 or less.

Last edited:
Can you expound upon this discussion?

Please don't. Maybe he got pissed that Clawson was making him go to class. Maybe Papa Walker told him to move on. Maybe the tooth fairy promised good dental fortunes if he transferred. I really don't give two shits. He's no longer a Deac and I'd rather this thread just die. Focus on the players that WANT to be Deacs and the amazing season we're having ... not a former player who walked away from his teammates. Thank you.

Also, NIL potential is going to start making a very big impact on the transfer pool. All these “diamond in the rough” unheralded recruits are going to develop at small schools and then transfer to big market schools where they can cash in. Right now KW3 can probably get $100 an autograph, sell his own t shirts for $45, and get 75k for a stupid car dealership
commercial. I don’t know of any Wake player making NIL money right now.
If we aren't raising NIL money, we are the dumbest program in America. I like our AD. Pretty sure he is on it. FSU sports radio openly advertises every day for NIL money. I think we are being more subtle.

Many of you missed his game where half the commentator talk was about him. The side-line female reporter said she talked to the family in the stands and his mother stated he left Wake because of playing time.

Back