• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kenneth Walker III Appreciation Thread

“Subtle” NIL is advertisement sales and sponsorship, it’s the exact opposite of subtle. We are the most extreme Wake Fans beyond the BOT, if we don’t know about the players advertising anything it’s because they aren’t.

Last edited:
“Subtle” NIL is advertisement sales and sponsorship, it’s the exact opposite of subtle. We are the most extreme Wake Fans beyond the BOT, if we don’t know about the players advertising anything it’s because they aren’t.

I've seen several NIL deals for Wake athletes: Roberson with Bojangles, Beal-Smith with Arby's, Daivien Williamson with WS Dash - off the top of my head.

Well. Hate to break it to you, but you are again wrong. Took two minutes to find deals that Ja'Sir Taylor and Jaquarii Roberson have. Wild to me that WF fans try so hard to denigrate WF. At least before taking that step, do some perfuctory research.

what an awkward season it would be if wake made the cf playoffs and a transfer from wake won the heisman

what an awkward season it would be if wake made the cf playoffs and a transfer from wake won the heisman

I will take that deal without a second thought. Every year. If Sam Hartman transfers and wins the Heisman at UGA next year and we make the playoffs again, cool.

How many posts would the Jamie Newman appreciation thread have gotten if he was good at Georgia?

FWIW, criticism of WF is fine if it has some minimal basis in fact:

- WF linebackers are slow
- The WF defense was not prepared for the Cuse offense which clearly only had two threats -- Shrader and Tucker
- WF basketball team completely collapsed after the FSU OT loss
- WF baseball coach Tom Walter continues to fail to get results despite high level talent
- Wellman destroyed the men's basketball program

There are plenty of valid flaws with the way that WF athletic department is run or with the coaching system or the WF talent level

OTOH, it's complete bullshit and only spreads LOWF attitude to spread disinformation like "Skill position players leave WF en masse to get an NFL look" or "WF has no NIL deals". Posting that out of your ass is how disinformation gets started:

Hey on the WF Boards, their own fans post that WF has NO NIL deals or

WF Football has a culture problem

Apparently all the good skill position players on the football team transfer because NFL teams won't give them a look under their RPO system

That's just a crock that feeds the false narrative that WF can't compete on the highest level of sports, which this season has proved is erroneous. Save that crap for when brain dead State fans post on the Board before WF plays the Pack.

Last edited:
I've seen several NIL deals for Wake athletes: Roberson with Bojangles, Beal-Smith with Arby's, Daivien Williamson with WS Dash - off the top of my head.

Well, I would hope as a paid employee of the athletic department you'd be aware of these things.

Well. Hate to break it to you, but you are again wrong. Took two minutes to find deals that Ja'Sir Taylor and Jaquarii Roberson have. Wild to me that WF fans try so hard to denigrate WF. At least before taking that step, do some perfuctory research.

i'm not denigrating anything, I said if we (on this board) don't know about the NIL deals, then they aren't making them. Seems like you proved my point immediately. I was just disagreeing with the deals being "subtle" - that would completely defeat the purpose. We want the players to make money and we want recruits to know they will have opportunities here. Is your argument that schools in larger markets don't have greater NIL opportunities?

Last edited:
Sorry Pil, but you could do to acknowledge the realities and limitations of our athletic program rather than mischaracterize my points. If I say that Clawson has built our program to win 7 games a year, that doesn't mean we aren't occasionally capable of more, just as when I say that NIL deals are more abundant and well known at other larger programs, that doesnt mean that Wake players don't also have them. These aren't binary yes/no statements. It seems really disingenuous of you to basically deny that our star players couldn't/wouldn't get better professional opportunities at larger programs, especially considering thats one of the main reason that stud recruits choose those programs over ours.

I knew Wake players had NIL deals. It has been discussed a lot on the boards.

do some perfuctory research.

I'm really happy that you all know about it - but these "perfunctory" google searches: "Wake forest football NIL" "Sam Hartman Wake Forest NIL" "Christian Beal Smith Wake Forest NIL" "Jaquarii Roberson Wake Forest NIL" "Ja Sir Taylor NIL" are turning up mi-ghty empty.

Twitter search "Wake Forest Football NIL" nada, "Sam Hartman NIL" zilch. Nothing on instagram either. Thrilled for these men to earn a living, but wheres the news? Seriously the only result that comes up from any of these searches is a paywalled 24/7 article about Daivien Williamson and the WS Dash.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Wake+Forest+Football+NIL&sxsrf=AOaemvJQLLgpTWF0lwxaC45ATjJ9D-MEeg:1634073945308&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=2ahUKEwjahK_o58XzAhXZrZUCHafVD6gQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1422&bih=733&dpr=1

https://www.google.com/search?q=Sam+Hartman+NIL&biw=1422&bih=733&tbm=nws&sxsrf=AOaemvJe5OblzxSUzMFPv7aOtBGXy6zYGQ%3A1634073959569&ei=Z_1lYeicIoOd-gTcqqXgBQ&oq=Sam+Hartman+NIL&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i333k1l3.52829.59261.0.59634.22.17.3.2.2.0.357.2303.0j12j0j1.14.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..3.18.2316.0..0i273k1j0i67k1j0i512i433i131k1j0i512i433k1j0i433i67k1j0i433i131k1j0i512k1j0i13k1j0i22i30k1j33i160k1.351.q3zBWHzonkM

https://www.google.com/search?q=christian+beal+smith+NIL&biw=1422&bih=733&tbm=nws&sxsrf=AOaemvKTUqHKnGHecUb6RPLFZFq5O1Z9fQ%3A1634074057786&ei=yf1lYcO4L8TL-gT8ib3QCA&oq=christian+beal+smith+NIL&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i160k1l5.344.1867.0.2192.4.4.0.0.0.0.208.720.0j3j1.4.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.4.718...0i512k1.0.ICQCIwZ64eI

https://www.google.com/search?q=wake+forest+jaquarii+roberson+NIL&biw=1422&bih=733&tbm=nws&sxsrf=AOaemvJxSnubYZivq-iUDLyYdKfthFNIAg%3A1634074115630&ei=A_5lYZfkJYf--gSjirzQCA&oq=wake+forest+jaquarii+roberson+NIL&gs_l=psy-ab.3...3253.4864.0.5083.12.11.0.0.0.0.321.1679.0j2j4j1.7.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..11.1.164...0i13k1j0i8i13i30k1.0.jtcQ0jD5lq8

Sorry Pil, but you could do to acknowledge the realities and limitations of our athletic program rather than mischaracterize my points. If I say that Clawson has built our program to win 7 games a year, that doesn't mean we aren't occasionally capable of more, just as when I say that NIL deals are more abundant and well known at other larger programs, that doesnt mean that Wake players don't also have them. These aren't binary yes/no statements. It seems really disingenuous of you to basically deny that our star players couldn't/wouldn't get better professional opportunities at larger programs, especially considering thats one of the main reason that stud recruits choose those programs over ours.

The "NIL" era started on July 1. Since that time, WF landed the following football recruits:

July 19: RB Demond Claiborne - other Power V offers: Michigan, UVA, WV, VT, Purdue, Vandy

July 21: DT Eli Hall: Auburn, Florida, Duke, UGA, GT, Indiana, Michigan State, Minnesota, Penn State, USC, South Carolina, UVA, VT

Sept. 7: WR Wesley Grimes - other Power V offers: NC State, Kentucky, Tennessee, Vandy, UVA, L'ville, Duke

Yesterday, WF basketball landed top 100 recruit Zach Keller. His offer list: Utah, TCU, Texas Tech, Cal, Colorado, Arizona State, Illinois, VT

Over that time, I am unaware of the "stud recruits" that WF has missed on because they were concerned about lack of NIL opportunities. Educate me. Your post at the top of the page stated that there "aren't" NIL opportunities for WF players, which is 100% wrong. I know WF now has dedicated team to assist WF athletes with NIL deals, I also know that WF athletes have landed NIL deals and fully expect WF to take the necessary steps to continue to assist WF athletes cultivate as many NIL deals as is possible, while staying within the boundaries and while protecting the players interests. If there comes a time when NIL opportunities become deal breakers for WF recruiting, I am sure you will promptly let us know, but there is no evidence to support that being the case.... other than the LOWF attitude that WF cannot possibly offer NIL opportunities as other Power Programs, and that is your problem, not a WF problem.

It is just typical for a segment of our fanbase to refuse to believe WF can compete. We heard it when the transfer portal rules came down. What happened? Clawson and Forbes kicked ass in the transfer portal. Now, I guess we will hear it about NIL rules, and that also will be loud wrong. It's OK to have a little optimism about WF sports.

Last edited:
It's also readily visible on the Twitter. To say it's not well known is a completely ignorant statement.

This. It's not hard to find. Just search Wake Forest NIL deals and there's plenty of links including Ty who most think was Wake's first NIL deal. Also plenty of links about our Spry partnership. All of this covered on the boards plenty.

I literally posted multiple fruitless google searches. I have season football tickets, live in Winston, and follow every major wake social media account. I’m very curious to know where all this readily apparent information is. I’ve been on the athletics department website and the tab dedicated to Stride and there is no content or news sources their either.

Last edited:
I think NIL is going to be really interesting moving forward. DJ U, D’eriq King, and Spencer’s Rattler have all been terrible ROIs.

Just because they have played badly doesn’t necessarily mean a bad ROI. They still are very famous with big social media followings.

I guess if these type of big name NIL deals are predicated on the relationship continuing as a pro athlete, then these have been bad deals, but I don’t necessarily think that’s what these types of deals are.

I literally posted multiple fruitless google searches. I have season football tickets, live in Winston, and follow every major wake social media account. I’m very curious to know where all this readily apparent information is. I’ve been on the athletics department website and the tab dedicated to Stride and there is no content or news sources their either.

Sorry, but I actually typed Wake Forest Football NIL into Google which you claimed to have searched and the first two links cover the Spry partnership and a huge title in big letters that says John Currie, Wake Forest prepared for NIL and are Eager to See How the Market Plays Out.

The "who will pay our players" thread was top 15 for weeks. But I guess you can go bury your head in the sand and yell at everyone for not turning on the lights in some other way next.

So… the Spry App, a plan by the athletics department, and… a previous OG boards thread. You apparently don’t understand what I’m looking for. To make it as clear as possible, I’m looking for: a billboard, a television commercial, a radio commercial, a print ad, an announcement of an autograph signing event, a merchandise website. Do you have any links for those things? That’s not a rhetorical question, it’s not a “gotcha”, i’m legitimately looking

Back