• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kenneth Walker III Appreciation Thread

So… the Spry App, a plan by the athletics department, and… a previous OG boards thread. You apparently don’t understand what I’m looking for. To make it as clear as possible, I’m looking for: a billboard, a television commercial, a radio commercial, a print ad, an announcement of an autograph signing event, a merchandise website. Do you have any links for those things? That’s not a rhetorical question, it’s not a “gotcha”, i’m legitimately looking

Do those things exist for athletes at other schools? From my understanding most of the NIL deals have just involved social media promotion, not all that stuff you listed.

I realize this is probably posted but he’s leading the NCAA in rushing and is closing in on 1,000 yards.

Do those things exist for athletes at other schools? From my understanding most of the NIL deals have just involved social media promotion, not all that stuff you listed.

You’re right about social media endorsements being a major source of NIL opportunities, I’m
including those as well. To answer your question - yes quite a few football players at other schools have those deals. Sam Howell was in a roofing commercial and has his own football trading cards that he signs for $100 each. But I’m not just referring to the major deals. This was never meant to be some gotcha question, I just asked for some links to Wake players NIL stuff and everybody got super defensive.

with autograph rates that athletes charge, does that mean they no longer will sign things for free for a kid or whatever after practice or a game?

we used to go to a lot of FSU basketball games as a kid and we knew where the visitor bus would be so got plenty of autographs from Wake and Carolina players as a kid, and the occasional Duke one when I went with my friend who was a diehard fan. would be sad if that was no longer the case for a lot of the bigger athletes.

So anyway back to Walker:

Running back: Kenneth Walker III, Michigan State

Walker, a Wake Forest transfer, leads the FBS with 152.2 rushing yards per game -- more than 20 yards better than the next player. He's also averaging 7.1 yards per carry -- best among FBS players with at least 100 attempts. Walker is one of just seven Power 5 running backs in the CFP era with 900 rushing yards, nine rushing touchdowns and more than 7 yards per carry through six games. Stanford's Bryce Love and LSU's Leonard Fournette were among the others.

So anyway back to Walker:

Running back: Kenneth Walker III, Michigan State

Walker, a Wake Forest transfer, leads the FBS with 152.2 rushing yards per game -- more than 20 yards better than the next player. He's also averaging 7.1 yards per carry -- best among FBS players with at least 100 attempts. Walker is one of just seven Power 5 running backs in the CFP era with 900 rushing yards, nine rushing touchdowns and more than 7 yards per carry through six games. Stanford's Bryce Love and LSU's Leonard Fournette were among the others.

Yeah, but his blocking is shit, though...

You’re right about social media endorsements being a major source of NIL opportunities, I’m
including those as well. To answer your question - yes quite a few football players at other schools have those deals. Sam Howell was in a roofing commercial and has his own football trading cards that he signs for $100 each. But I’m not just referring to the major deals. This was never meant to be some gotcha question, I just asked for some links to Wake players NIL stuff and everybody got super defensive.

You're on a weird hill to die on, man.

Here is the updated Heisman Trophy odds from DraftKing:

Bryce Young +180
Matt Corrall +200
CJ Stroud +800
KW3 +1200
Bijan Robinson +1400
Desmond Ridder +1400

Everyone else is 30 to 1 or longer. Walker isn't going to win, but starting to look like he may get an invite to NY. Crazy.

Not sure how you can say he isn’t going to win when he’s 4th in the odds halfway through the season. The leading rusher especially if he gets over 2000 yards is a reasonable choice if there isn’t a clear QB on a CFP team or top player on a top team. Walker on a 2 or 3 loss MSU is probably more likely than those QBs if they don’t finish with 2 or fewer losses.

Feel free to take the 12 to 1, but look who Michigan State has played. NW, Youngstown State, Miami, Nebraska, Western KY and Rutgers.

At the time, Northwestern and Miami looked like legit opponents. In retrospect, they are awful this year. So, the numbers have been put up against questionable competition. Yes, if KW3 runs over Michigan, tOSU and Penn State and Michigan State gets to the Big 10 title game, KW3 could win the Heisman. Don't see it. FWIW, think there is a better chance that the Spartans lose at Indiana this Saturday, we shall see.

Preseason favorite for Heisman got benched Saturday.

Preseason favorite for Heisman got benched Saturday.

Yes, and could be heading the transfer portal after also being the early favorite to go #1 in the 2022 NFL draft. Rumors are that Rattler got a big head and created animosity amongst the team after spending more time locking up NIL deals than working on his game and working with his teammates. Not sure what happens with his NIL deals if he transfers. I'm sure the local OK car dealers and restaurants aren't interested in paying the QB for Arizona State.

Last edited:
Here is the updated Heisman Trophy odds from DraftKing:

Bryce Young +180
Matt Corrall +200
CJ Stroud +800
KW3 +1200
Bijan Robinson +1400
Desmond Ridder +1400

Everyone else is 30 to 1 or longer. Walker isn't going to win, but starting to look like he may get an invite to NY. Crazy.

My takeaway from this is that I need to do some serious work on figuring out a few wagers here.

Stroud at +800 looks like a nice value considering the high profile roll they are about to go on over the next few weeks.

100% on Stroud. His numbers are great, and he has the best receivers in the country. Don't want to see it, but think that tOSU runs the table and Stroud puts up sick numbers, and gets the Heisman. Don't think Bama is going to beat UGA and Bryce Young has had trouble throwing the ball down the field. Corrall will put up huge numbers, but he didn't play great against Bama, and doubt he will get a stage like that again this year.

Feel free to take the 12 to 1, but look who Michigan State has played. NW, Youngstown State, Miami, Nebraska, Western KY and Rutgers.

At the time, Northwestern and Miami looked like legit opponents. In retrospect, they are awful this year. So, the numbers have been put up against questionable competition. Yes, if KW3 runs over Michigan, tOSU and Penn State and Michigan State gets to the Big 10 title game, KW3 could win the Heisman. Don't see it. FWIW, think there is a better chance that the Spartans lose at Indiana this Saturday, we shall see.

This. I'd absolutely love it if Walker won the Heisman, while anyone that good leaving the program is a negative for Wake, considering the year we're having it just makes our success look that much more legitimate. But the only arguably decent defense they've faced is a 4 loss Nebraska team that held Walker to 60 yards on 20 carries. For a sense of how bad Northwestern is, Nebraska beat them 56-7. So you have Michigan, OSU, Penn State, Purdue and probably even Indiana and Maryland that are all better defensively than the best defense they've played so far. Not exactly a recipe for sprinting to the end of a Heisman campaign, but I'd love to see it.

Roberson on Cameo https://www.cameo.com/quarii

LaRavia Boosted Biz https://twitter.com/jacob_laravia3/status/1431328144099794944?s=20

Mucius slides https://twitter.com/ZekeMucius/status/1424478888038653963?s=20

There are tons more. I have no idea how much they make, if anything.

Yes, and could be heading the transfer portal after also being the early favorite to go #1 in the 2022 NFL draft. Rumors are that Rattler got a big head and created animosity amongst the team after spending more time locking up NIL deals than working on his game and working with his teammates. Not sure what happens with his NIL deals if he transfers. I'm sure the local OK car dealers and restaurants aren't interested in paying the QB for Arizona State.

Anybody that watched QB1 could guess that Spencer Rattler is an asshole that puts himself before the team.

Spencer Rattler becomes case study for NIL return on investment with Oklahoma starting job in flux

Back