• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kenneth Walker III Appreciation Thread

I mean, Walker might be the best football player in the country, of course we'd be better with him. I think it's just a guy leaving an A- situation for the chance at an absolute home run A+ situation, and there's not a whole lot to second guess about the outcome now. Good for him, bad luck for us that a program like MSU had just about every piece they needed to be top 5 except a viable running back.

KWIII is a better runner. The guys Wake has are better at doing the other things RBs need to do.

Walker can be better at everything and not necessarily make the team better. Sometimes it actually is about fit and team culture.

we get a bit of a pass because we are undefeated, but you guys sound absolutely insane. remember how much deserved crap we gave state fans when they defended keeping glennon over russell wilson? fwiw, clawson has talked about how he hated losing walker.

It would be crazy to claim we are worse off given how this season has gone.

we get a bit of a pass because we are undefeated, but you guys sound absolutely insane. remember how much deserved crap we gave state fans when they defended keeping glennon over russell wilson? fwiw, clawson has talked about how he hated losing walker.
Devil's advocate here. If we knew KW3 could do what he's doing this year at MSU, but it would mean we had to retool our entire playbook and offensive scheme to allow it, as a HC do you take that chance, knowing we probably don't have the right talent on the line to run that offense straight up? To me that's too big a gamble to take at the expense of literally every other player on the team.

Devil's advocate here. If we knew KW3 could do what he's doing this year at MSU, but it would mean we had to retool our entire playbook and offensive scheme to allow it, as a HC do you take that chance, knowing we probably don't have the right talent on the line to run that offense straight up? To me that's too big a gamble to take at the expense of literally every other player on the team.

The answer is clearly “no way.”

I think Walker most likely makes the team better. It’s impossible to know. I do think in games like Syracuse or Louisville, team chemistry makes a big impact. Now would we be close in games like that with Walker? Who knows. Would Walker have negatively impacted the locker room? Who knows. He was unsatisfied enough to leave. I’m not going to get upset with our best season ever though because a talented player made a decision to go elsewhere. The reality is that more talented players elect to play elsewhere all the time in recruiting. We’ve still ended up with a team that is perhaps better than the sum of more talented parts.

Yeah state wasn’t very good though. Our offense scores a billion points a game and we are top 10.

We simply don’t have enough touches to offer multiple heisman candidates.

Last year, the players held a meeting and pledged to hold themselves and each other accountable

After that meeting but before WF's next game, KW3 opted out and never played another down for WF

Now we have a team with obvious great chemistry so far playing better than individual rankings would suggest

Would KW3 be WF's most talented running back this year? Of course. Would he impact team chemistry? Who knows?

Would we rather have him than not, of course, but as Ph said yoh can't make much of an argument we'd be better off than we are right now. I look at it like this, hated to lose him, but damn has it not shown how well our staff has done recruiting skill on offense that we can lose a guy like him and still have a really good running back situation? CBS, Turner and Ellison have all played well and Marshall amd Ccoley look like they could step in if needed. Same thing with WR, we lose Green before the season starts, the Groulx kid was supposed to be an important recruit for us and was a bust and we are still loaded at WR.

Michigan State averages 200 yards rushing with mainly one back. WF averages 194 with 3 backs. It’s a wash.

We are 8-0 and averaging 44ppg without Walker. KW3 is a great back, but he wouldn't make us "better", IMO.

I'm totally fine with our 3 guys and Walker ripping shit up at MSU...we have something special going just the way it is. HOwever, it is fun to tell other fanbases that the best running back in the country this year was worried about playing time at Wake and left.

Yeah state wasn’t very good though. Our offense scores a billion points a game and we are top 10.

We simply don’t have enough touches to offer multiple heisman candidates.

Speaking of, will there be enough footballs to go around next year when Greene is back?

Yes. Greene would slide into Stewart's spot and compete with Morin.

We've been lucky to avoid other injuries anyway.

Speaking of, will there be enough footballs to go around next year when Greene is back?

I think Greene and AT start on the outside. I wouldn't be surprised to see Roberson test the NFL waters.

Keyshawn Williams looks ready to step in and be the next GREAT slot receiver for Wake.

Would love Morin to learn how to play slot and have him float between outside and inside. Banks and other guys should continue to get snaps and then take over when AT and Greene move on.

Back