• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kenneth Walker III Appreciation Thread

Anyone shitting on Newman, Surratt or Dortch and not shitting on Walker is a massive hypocrite. Dude chose to leave. He isn't on the team anymore. He quit. Good riddance. I do not wish him well.

Why would we shit on Surratt and Dortch, they left for the next level? May have been questionable decisions, but not like leaving for other programs.

If KW III is thinking NFL career, the slow mesh offense we run is not the best vehicle. I don't fault Walker for making that career move.

Great game against a bottom dweller. Let's see what happens when osu and Penn St. make the Spartans throw the ball and take away the run and kw does his poor pass blocking. NFL teams aren't even running their bell cows 23 times a game anymore and are moving towards having two backs.... Hope he makes it the whole season but that's a lot of abuse to take

If KW III is thinking NFL career, the slow mesh offense we run is not the best vehicle. I don't fault Walker for making that career move.

Combine that with all the runs up the middle and little side action

Great game against a bottom dweller. Let's see what happens when osu and Penn St. make the Spartans throw the ball and take away the run and kw does his poor pass blocking. NFL teams aren't even running their bell cows 23 times a game anymore and are moving towards having two backs.... Hope he makes it the whole season but that's a lot of abuse to take

Northwestern won their division last year, hardly a bottom dweller.

I don't wish him bad luck, but I also am not wishing him succeed. His success or failure is irrelevant to me.

And yeah, if he wanted to get into a more traditional offense then you can't blame the kid. Doesn't mean I'll be excited to see him be a Doak Walker finalist this year.

The real burning question is why Clawson didn't see what an hour a week football fan saw.

We 1000000000000% shouldn't have a thread card Kenneth Walker "appreciation thread".... Wtf are we appreciating him for? Thats some LOWF nonsense.

Wanna keep up the KW3 in a consolidated thread? Call it KW3 season stats thread... Or something around those lines.

Appreciation is laughable

The real burning question is why Clawson didn't see what an hour a week football fan saw.

Word.

Creamy, if Walker makes it to the NFL and has a great career, do you really think Clawson isn’t going to hype him up as a Wake product and list him as an NFL Deac? Of course he is.

Personally, I would very much appreciate it if the moderator would close this thread.

He gone.

Word.

Creamy, if Walker makes it to the NFL and has a great career, do you really think Clawson isn’t going to hype him up as a Wake product and list him as an NFL Deac? Of course he is.

Idk. Clawson is a pretty strong headed dude...He was soured on KW3 leaving us. Even if he does, my point is we don't need a KW3 *appreciation* thread. As Wake fans in 2021, there is nothing to appreciate him for.

How Clawson and our program uses him or not in recruiting is separate from what I'm talking about.

KW3 season stats thread...OK.

I get it... semantics...But the word appreciation for a kid who bailed on us is what turns me into opinionated old man mode.

Word.

Dave Clawson is not going to hype MSU's KWIII. no way, no chance, period

KWIII could be our version of Russell Wilson going to Wisconsin. It’s a major screw up for the program. CBS isn’t even going to make the NFL like Glennon did.

KWIII could be our version of Russell Wilson going to Wisconsin. It’s a major screw up for the program. CBS isn’t even going to make the NFL like Glennon did.

Heck, at least O'Brien had a reasonable concern that Wilson might stay with baseball and they needed to move on. Bad move in hindsight still, but he had a reason.

KW3 season stats thread...OK.

I get it... semantics...But the word appreciation for a kid who bailed on us is what turns me into a bitter ex-girlfriend.

Corrected it. Between the giddy Newman, Sage draft failure posts, this place gives off big jilted ex-girlfriend vibes. I'm a middle aged female with divorced friends and the salty bitch train didn't hit them this hard.

Corrected it. Between the giddy Newman, Sage draft failure posts, this place gives off big jilted ex-girlfriend vibes. I'm a middle aged female with divorced friends and the salty bitch train didn't hit them this hard.

Exactly. Walker, Newman, and Sage were big parts of many Wake wins over the last three seasons. Be mad at our coaches for not rerecruiting them hard enough. Definitely don’t be mad at Walker for clearly making the right decision.

I stated my opinion months ago when he left. It's on Clawson. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it. Kid gets 240 + carries. Kid wanted to be the feature back and he deserved it. It would frustrate the hell out of me when I would see him single-handedly move the entire team 80 yards down the field, and then getting the last 10 all on his own pushing a carrying 5 guys into the endzone for a touchdown that put us within one point. Then the defense plays hard, forcing a punt, and then because of Clawson's philosophy of rotating the Backs, he puts Beal back in. When you got the talent, play the damn Talent! Am I alone in my memories?

Everyone will puke when MSU is in the national title hunt.

Last edited:
Back