• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kenneth Walker III Appreciation Thread

When Clawson was the OC at Villanova, he had Brian Westbrook in the backfield but opted to split his time with an upperclassman. Westbrook stayed at Nova (Clawson left), but that team greatly underachieved. Stubborn dude.

Walker got 27 carries in our first non-Clemson game last year, and over 20 in 2 of the next 3 with the exception being a non-competitive Campbell game. Had 8 TDs in those games.

I realize some folks just have to make a blame-filled hindsight slam on Clawson, but Beal-Smith is legit good. Michigan State's RB situation was god-awful and they're a high profile team.

Sometimes shit just lines up and it sucks. Our best team on the field wasn't Beal-Smith getting benched, and Walker got a TON of carries as a default. He transferred somewhere with a dumpster fire RB situation that has a bigger name than Wake. Oh well. If the option was make the team worse but keep him, fuck it. That's some LOWF nonsense thinking we need to bend to his will.

Agreed. Also, in Clawson I trust. His system works. He takes a lot of under-the-radar guys and builds them up. Sometimes that loyalty is going to get reciprocated and sometimes not. I doubt Dave is wasting energy on taking it personally. Wish KWIII the best and move on.

The most sustained success the football team has even had - and some of you idiots bad mouth Clawson. Damn.

We are going to get MSU in a bowl
and he’s going to put up another 250 and 4 watch

We are going to get MSU in a bowl
and he’s going to put up another 250 and 4 watch

We got them 2 years ago. Doubt we'll see them so soon.

we'll probably never know what truly went down so hard to judge, but man is kw3 good. i've also always been pretty bearish on CBS in general which adds to the frustration, but ii do know the staff really likes him.

fwiw, i'm (very passively) rooting for him

my feelings as well

What is this we prepared him garbage. He was stud day one and everyone knows it. He doesn't block for mediocre Qbs. Fuck that. Dude had one request. Give me the ball.

How many stars did he have as a recruit? How many power 5 offers did he have out of HS? I think he was a 2 star and I don't know how many offers he had but I doubt it was many. We gave him an opportunity that others did not.

I don't think he was the best back we have had, but he was certainly talented and we'll miss him. But he left us, so I wont be paying him any more attention. I assume he'll be pulling for his friends on the Wake team but I doubt he will give Wake Forest the institution much thought as he goes forward.

Best Clawson back and maybe best since Chris Barclay.

He had good numbers all through h.s. but got injured sr. year, IIRC. Had to have affected his offers.

Walker was the lowest (23rd out of 23) rated recruit in WF's 2019 HS class. He was the 143rd rated RB in that class and the #57 player in TN; he was unrated nationally (which means he was not considered one of the top 1,000 HS football in the class of 2019). KW3's other offers:

Kent State
Illinois State
Arkansas State
Eastern Kentucky

It's simple with Walker. Everyone knew he was our best RB. Everyone. Not surprising people want a thread.

It’s amazing to me that people think Clawson didn’t see something that a bunch of internet warriors did.

Maybe he wasn’t a good teammate. Maybe he didn’t take coaching well (like with pass blocking). Maybe he liked to skip class. There’s any number of reasons players don’t play. I’m sure that we will never know and it’s a moot point because he’s gone now.

It’s amazing to me that people think Clawson didn’t see something that a bunch of internet warriors did.

Maybe he wasn’t a good teammate. Maybe he didn’t take coaching well (like with pass blocking). Maybe he liked to skip class. There’s any number of reasons players don’t play. I’m sure that we will never know and it’s a moot point because he’s gone now.

I understand, but that’s a bit too simplistic. It’s also possible the coaches have blind spots or can be stubborn. We’ve seen it plenty of times. I’ll give Clawson a ton of leeway because of what he’s built here. But I don’t think that warrants complete carte blanche on every one of his decisions.

Yet like I said it’s possible that he did everything he could to get KWIII to stay and it was never going to happen. We don’t know. But it’s worthy of speculation as we make our way into the season and see him going off up in East Lansing. Hopefully our crop of running backs play so well that this eventually falls off the radar.

I understand, but that’s a bit too simplistic. It’s also possible the coaches have blind spots or can be stubborn. We’ve seen it plenty of times. I’ll give Clawson a ton of leeway because of what he’s built here. But I don’t think that warrants complete carte blanche on every one of his decisions.

Yet like I said it’s possible that he did everything he could to get KWIII to stay and it was never going to happen. We don’t know. But it’s worthy of speculation as we make our way into the season and see him going off up in East Lansing. Hopefully our crop of running backs play so well that this eventually falls off the radar.

I’m sure that if I’m sick of this RPO 100% of the time shit, then KW tired of it as well. If we don’t put some wrinkles in the offense will be a very disappointing year.

So true. As great as Grobe was his blind spot was Lobo and unwilling to change when clear he was in over his head and wasted Riley’s last 2 years and continued to struggle many more years. Just as loved Grobe love Clawson but it does seem he is rigid about his system and unwilling to adjust to talent. It was so clear KWIII was much superior back as CBS almost transferred as he was non factor his first 2 years as he looked slow to the hole compared to KW and went down easily on first contact whereas KWIII had the burst and a bowling ball to boot and looked like a stud from day 1.

Just don’t think Clawson is a players coach as doesn’t seem to connect especially with our superstars whether Jamie, Dortch, Sage and KWIII. So many talented players who seemed to make poor choices and all to eager to bolt WF. You don’t see that happen to too many other schools.

Just as loved Grobe love Clawson but it does seem he is rigid about his system and unwilling to adjust to talent.

this is where I'm at. A big part of Clawson's success is that he has a successful system that he sticks to. But if you want to get from Good to Great) you need superstar talent. And sometimes you can bend the system in favor of the superstar talent.

I’m sure that if I’m sick of this RPO 100% of the time shit, then KW tired of it as well. If we don’t put some wrinkles in the offense will be a very disappointing year.

I will NEVER tire of 35+ points per game. I don't care if it is RPO or pro style offense. The shit works and we score more points now than in our history.

Back