• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kenneth Walker III Appreciation Thread

Great pass blocking by Walker on that last play. Not! Walker dove for a block and rushers went left and right of him to sack the QB.

He does look good running though; 10 for 86 in the first half.

And now a receiving TD, breaking a tackle for the score.

Dude is just ridiculously good.

And now a receiving TD, breaking a tackle for the score.

Dude is just ridiculously good.

So fucking strong inside the five yard line.

On MSU’s first drive the sideline reporter was talking about how Walker told her he transferred because he felt his strengths weren’t being used. Hard to argue with him.

The announcers have talked about the Wake Forest RPO quite a bit. “It’s a unique offense kind of like the triple option.”

Tessitore and McElroy were also talking about his transfer from Wake and made a comment about the mesh offense being unique but not always conducive for RBs.

Edit: Yeah, what Cav said, ha.

Started off the second half with a 20 yard run juking four Miami defenders out of their socks.

He also has 106 yards on 15 carries, in just over a 1/2 of football. I think Sparty can live when the pass blocking issues.

What an embarrassment to let a talent like this leave the program. I don’t see how we ever move from good to great by not utilizing kids like Walker to their fullest potential.

Tessitore and McElroy were also talking about his transfer from Wake and made a comment about the mesh offense being unique but not always conducive for RBs.

Edit: Yeah, what Cav said, ha.

Watching this last drive and listenimg to the announcers rave about his patience and ability to cut back, I can't help but think the mesh offense we run helped him in this aspect.

What an embarrassment to let a talent like this leave the program. I don’t see how we ever move from good to great by not utilizing kids like Walker to their fullest potential.

Yep. A good development program takes you from mediocre to good. Superstar players take you from good to great. Clawson should’ve gone to Kenneth Walker and asked him what kind of offense we should run to get him to stay.

If he has to ask, he isn't much of a coach. Clawson is a great evaluator of talent, to not figure out a way better utilize Walker is just a travesty.

Of course, timing being what it is, the immediate play transfer rule hurt us here.

Walker will probably have more yards rushing by games end this season than all of last year (579) in about half the carries. Good move for him to leave. We just hate it.

He had 579 yards both years at Wake on 98 and 119 carries.

Right now, he has 52 car, 474 yards, 5 TD at MSU.

Back