• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kenneth Walker III Appreciation Thread

I mean, we were sitting on an NFL talent and our staff couldn't be flexible with the game plan to accommodate. It is what it is, but dude is absolutely lighting it up for MSU against some solid competition.

27 car for 172 yards. One rec TD.

I mean, we were sitting on an NFL talent and our staff couldn't be flexible with the game plan to accommodate. It is what it is, but dude is absolutely lighting it up for MSU against some solid competition.

Depends. If he was demanding more PT, even though he was liability in pass protection, then its better for the program that he moved on.

Team chemistry more important in college football than the talent of one player. Especially if he isn't a top tier QB.

Last edited:
Depends. If he was demanding more PT, even though he was liability in pass protection, then its better for the program that he moved on.

Team chemistry more important in college football than the talent of one player. Especially if he isn't a top tier QB.

I'm not particularly invested in this debate because we don't have 85% of the information that's relevant to having a productive discussion. It's just curious. He's a top RB in college football right now and we essentially let him walk. Why couldn't we scheme around him, though? Seems like much less of a problem at most schools (e.g., MSU).

Clawson should harp on this in every press conference. "Look what Kennett Walker III is doing and he couldn't even start here ". That's what I would do

Clawson should harp on this in every press conference. "Look what Kennett Walker III is doing and he couldn't even start here ". That's what I would do

Clawson doesn't need to look like a fool. He knows he lost an elite running back and admits Walker's departure hurt the team.

KW III has benefitted from his transfer. The MSU offensive line opens holes and the offensive scheme highlights the ability of an elite runner. Walker is an elite RB, good enough for a Heisman if he continues as he has started and MSU wins as a result.

Beal-Smith has performed well, averaging 5.9 yards/carry on 39 carries. The three back rotation has averaged 183 ypg and has 6 TD's in three games. If they continue as they have started and Wake does make the step from good to great, Dave's decision to proceed with his offensive philosophy will vindicated.

A lot of if's, but it's early in the season.

FWIW, I've stated KW III should have started last year and have had 20+ carries a game. I'm not the coach.

Last edited:
Clawson doesn't need to look like a fool. He knows he lost an elite running back and admits Walker's departure hurt the team.

KW III has benefitted from his transfer. The MSU offensive line opens holes and the offensive scheme highlights the ability of an elite runner. Walker is an elite RB, good enough for a Heisman if he continues as he has started and MSU wins as a result.

Beal-Smith has performed well, averaging 5.9 yards/carry on 39 carries. The three back rotation has averaged 183 ypg and has 6 TD's in three games. If they continue as they have started and Wake does make the step from good to great, Dave's decision to proceed with the his offensive philosophy with will vindicated.

A lot of if's, but it's early in the season.

FWIW, I've stated KW III should have started last year and have had 20+ carries a game. I'm not the coach.

The good thing is this is destined to end up in a WF -MSU cfp game to make for some serious fun as announcers talk about KW3 as Heisman candidate and how WF just reloads to keep a 3 headed monster to go 11-1…..

Announcers talked about him, the transfer, and Wake a lot. The female sideline reporter said she talked to the family about the transfer and it was due simply to amount of playing time. Second, the color guy said he's a humble kid, that he thanked the coach for taking him and giving him a chance. He said the coach laughed and told Walker, "Thanks for taking a chance on us!". It doesn't sound like he's a bad chemistry kid.

Really irritated with the guy in Twitter who said that the guy who recruited Walker must have been amazing to get him to sign with Wake Forest.

I’m sure the deep cutting journalism of sideline reporters would expose locker room issues.

Clawson did not nominate KWIII for All-ACC consideration and I’m sure there’s a reason for that. He quit on his team by opting out mid-season.

Really irritated with the guy in Twitter who said that the guy who recruited Walker must have been amazing to get him to sign with Wake Forest.

Yeah, fuck that guy on Twitter !!!

I'm not particularly invested in this debate because we don't have 85% of the information that's relevant to having a productive discussion. It's just curious. He's a top RB in college football right now and we essentially let him walk. Why couldn't we scheme around him, though? Seems like much less of a problem at most schools (e.g., MSU).

In yesterday telecast of our game RGIII said CBS talked him into transferring! That comment was quite a subtle critique.

In yesterday telecast of our game RGIII said CBS talked him into transferring! That comment was quite a subtle critique.

That to me was just uninformed speculation and frankly a bit reckless. And sort of spin as humor that didn’t really work. Just my opinion on how it came across.

KWIII is one dimensional. Great runner. Can't (or won't) block as a pass protector. There are reasons he was a low 3 star recruit. Wake staff coached him up. And then he left when they wanted him to help in pass blocking.

KWIII is one dimensional. Great runner. Can't (or won't) block as a pass protector. There are reasons he was a low 3 star recruit. Wake staff coached him up. And then he left when they wanted him to help in pass blocking.
Such bullshit. The world could see day 1 this man could run a football. And he did. And he keeps doing it. He does have one dimension though. Get the ball and fucking get it done.

This is a hilariously bad post on a thread with a lot of them.

stinks that we lost him

but as long as wake keeps winning and KW III is happy then it's all good and I hope there's no animosity

Back