• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kenneth Walker III Appreciation Thread

Dillon Fence

Reaction score
Kenneth Walker III is the best back Wake has had in my 32 years of watching Deacon football. Hate that we didn’t use him as our bell cow last year so he would have stuck around Winston. Beal-Smith is a good back who has gotten better each year but Walker is the kind of back you have to game plan around defensively. He would have proven transformational to this year’s offense. He’s going to prove to be the most significant wake early loss in football of all time (not that the sample size is huge). Hate that he left but I’ll
be rooting for him in East Lansing and in the NFL.

Game 1 vs Northwestern - 23 carries, 264 yards, 4 tds against a good opponent. Best rushing game in Big Ten since Melvin Gordon a few years ago. 1st carry 75 yards to the house. Quite a debut.

Nice summary of what has already stated on other threads.

He's gone. Say good bye and good luck and focus on what is here

Cool. Except i wanted an easy to find place to post his weekly results. Hence, a new thread. Crazy stuff, I know!

I wish him the best and want him continue to have success, but count me in the camp we don't need appreciation threads for players that left the program.

I will always appreciate his talents but certainly don’t appreciate that he took them from us.

Of course the question is, should we be frustrated with him for leaving, or with Clawson for letting him go? If he had had that kind of night playing for us against, say, State, would he have felt satisfied that he’s getting the feature and exposure he wanted? In that case, it’s on Clawson to have done more with him.

But if he made up his mind that no matter what Wake did to feature him, he needed to be at a program that would get more exposure from NFL scouts, then there’s little Clawson could have done. I can’t imagine that’s the case though. Either way I wish we knew the answer.

I will always appreciate his talents but certainly don’t appreciate that he took them from us.

Of course the question is, should we be frustrated with him for leaving, or with Clawson for letting him go? If he had had that kind of night playing for us against, say, State, would he have felt satisfied that he’s getting the feature and exposure he wanted? In that case, it’s on Clawson to have done more with him.

But if he made up his mind that no matter what Wake did to feature him, he needed to be at a program that would get more exposure from NFL scouts, then there’s little Clawson could have done. I can’t imagine that’s the case though. Either way I wish we knew the answer.

Regardless of whether he would've left or not, he should've been the starter and gotten 70+% of the reps. He didn't and that was a waste.

I mean there likely was some frustration with the slow mesh point release especially the way that Hartman runs the offense that seems to put the running back at a disadvantage on many snaps.

Last edited:
What is this we prepared him garbage. He was stud day one and everyone knows it. He doesn't block for mediocre Qbs. Fuck that. Dude had one request. Give me the ball.

I mean there's likely was some frustration with the slow mesh point release especially the way that Hartman runs the offense that seems to put the running back at a disadvantage on many snaps.

And if we’re going to have that dynamic in our offense, it has to create some sort of advantage vs defenses. Most of the time I still struggle to see what it is.

I mean there's likely was some frustration with the slow mesh point release especially the way that Hartman runs the offense that seems to put the running back at a disadvantage on many snaps.

Yep. Walker was better than gimmicks.

And if we’re going to have that dynamic in our offense, it has to create some sort of advantage vs defenses. Most of the time I still struggle to see what it is.

Seems to me you really need a very good Oline for it to work, otherwise it takes too long and gives the defense a chance to get in the back field.

He doesn’t play here anymore who cares

Really don’t understand rooting for him as a WF fan.

I don’t wish him ill, and I’m frustrated at how he was used, but KWIII having success elsewhere is a bad thing for WF

Leave WF and enhance your pro prospects! Yeah!?

Anyone shitting on Newman, Surratt or Dortch and not shitting on Walker is a massive hypocrite. Dude chose to leave. He isn't on the team anymore. He quit. Good riddance. I do not wish him well.

Really don’t understand rooting for him as a WF fan.

I don’t wish him ill, and I’m frustrated at how he was used, but KWIII having success elsewhere is a bad thing for WF

Leave WF and enhance your pro prospects! Yeah!?

I agree, that’s the issue at play. I’m not so much concerned with rooting or not rooting for him, as I am wondering whether it was our program at fault for allowing this whole thing to happen and if so, figuring out how we prevent it in the future.

Back