• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Murdaugh Family crime thread

New pod dropped on Friday. Looks like Alex and his crew stole the housekeepers life insurance money.

This has become mind boggling at this point...

My uncle is Alex pronounced Ellick but I’m country af so I never really paid it any mind.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/alex-murdaugh-embezzeled-deaf-quadriplegic-patrolman

Oh. And Mandy’s sources are saying physical evidence connects him to the double homicide. Although we all already presumed that.

The Grand Jury came back with indictments for the murders of his wife and son. Such a strange story. I wonder if we will every find out all that happened.

The audio on the son's phone has to be key to what happened. Definitely some Lifetime movie feels about this whole thing.

The Grand Jury came back with indictments for the murders of his wife and son. Such a strange story. I wonder if we will every find out all that happened.

The audio on the son's phone has to be key to what happened. Definitely some Lifetime movie feels about this whole thing.

It sounds like it was the grand jury of Colleton County is the one that did the indicting though. Colleton is right next to Hampton which is where Murdaugh presides. Seems like SC state grand jury should have handled things but what do I know. So much cronyism here is sick.

As I posted on here before, my wife went to a formal with him at USC. They were in the same friend group and went as friends. With this indictment, I finally feel like an upgrade over someone she went out with before me.

One great story about him I learned from my wife's college roomates boyfriend named Jeff who was a good friend and fraternity brother of Murdaugh's in college. They were at a strip club for a bachelor party I think like right after college. Murdaugh is wasted as always and belligerent and starts a fight. He and another dude punch each other several times and it gets rowdy as others kind of get in on the scrap. This btw was in Hilton Head. The police are called and come and the bartender points to Murdaugh as the culprit and also Jeff. Jeff hadnt been involved at all other than be a bystander but somehow the bartender thought he was and so the police grabbed the two of them and put them into a paddywagon. Jeff hears one of the officers say to another "Do you know who that kid's father is? Murdaugh." This, after Alex had screamed it to the officers several times. In spite of Jeff's pleadings, they handcuffed them both and off they went in the paddywagon headed to the police station (or sherriff's dept actually I think). Jeff said that they got out on the highway and another patrol car comes behind the paddy wagon with lights on and siren and pulls over the paddywagon. They open the back and the deputy in that car tells them to release Alex and he gets in the car with the deputy. Leaving Jeff stuck there as Jeff pleads with Alex not to abandon him. Alex says dont worry daddy will handle it!

Jeff is in a cell at the station and they had just handed him an orange jumpsuit to change into when he hears them call his name. Sure enough, Alex Murdaugh's dad was there and collected Jeff and took him to their plantation and he stayed with the Murdaughs all weekend. Just like in a movie like Smokey & the Bandit or something. That was the end of it. No charges no nothing.

I can't not think about Danny Glover when I see this thread (or other stories).

As I posted on here before, my wife went to a formal with him at USC. They were in the same friend group and went as friends. With this indictment, I finally feel like an upgrade over someone she went out with before me.

One great story about him I learned from my wife's college roomates boyfriend named Jeff who was a good friend and fraternity brother of Murdaugh's in college. They were at a strip club for a bachelor party I think like right after college. Murdaugh is wasted as always and belligerent and starts a fight. He and another dude punch each other several times and it gets rowdy as others kind of get in on the scrap. This btw was in Hilton Head. The police are called and come and the bartender points to Murdaugh as the culprit and also Jeff. Jeff hadnt been involved at all other than be a bystander but somehow the bartender thought he was and so the police grabbed the two of them and put them into a paddywagon. Jeff hears one of the officers say to another "Do you know who that kid's father is? Murdaugh." This, after Alex had screamed it to the officers several times. In spite of Jeff's pleadings, they handcuffed them both and off they went in the paddywagon headed to the police station (or sherriff's dept actually I think). Jeff said that they got out on the highway and another patrol car comes behind the paddy wagon with lights on and siren and pulls over the paddywagon. They open the back and the deputy in that car tells them to release Alex and he gets in the car with the deputy. Leaving Jeff stuck there as Jeff pleads with Alex not to abandon him. Alex says dont worry daddy will handle it!

Jeff is in a cell at the station and they had just handed him an orange jumpsuit to change into when he hears them call his name. Sure enough, Alex Murdaugh's dad was there and collected Jeff and took him to their plantation and he stayed with the Murdaughs all weekend. Just like in a movie like Smokey & the Bandit or something. That was the end of it. No charges no nothing.
Seems like I heard this story in one of the podcast episodes.

So the kid was recording conversations with Alex before he and mom were killed? Interesting

Seems like I heard this story in one of the podcast episodes.

I doubt it. Unless someone that was there or heard about it told it. I know Jeff didnt tell it. I think there were tons of times Alex daddy got him out of trouble.

Where can you hear a podcast on this Murdaugh thing?

I doubt it. Unless someone that was there or heard about it told it. I know Jeff didnt tell it. I think there were tons of times Alex daddy got him out of trouble.

Where can you hear a podcast on this Murdaugh thing?

That story is in the podcast.

The ultimate insider just repeated a story he heard on a podcast?

Wrong. I didnt even know there was a podcast on the Murdaugh stuff. I highly doubt that exact story is on the podcast unless it was told by someone else that was there. It was a bachelor party night I think. It was likely is a similar story. Jeff told me last football season at the USC - Auburn game tailgate was arrested with Alex that night. He was the one. I know Jeff wouldnt tell that story on the podcast though someone else may have heard it or probably been there. Im sure there are other people that know about that night but Jeff for sure is the one that was arrested with him. Heck I will ask Jeff is he knows that it may have been on a podcast. He will probably be mortified.

Last edited:
Wrong. I didnt even know there was a podcast on the Murdaugh stuff. I highly doubt that exact story is on the podcast unless it was told by someone else that was there. It was a bachelor party night I think. It was likely is a similar story. Jeff told me last football season at the USC - Auburn game tailgate was arrested with Alex that night. He was the one. I know Jeff wouldnt tell that story on the podcast though someone else may have heard it or probably been there. Im sure there are other people that know about that night but Jeff for sure is the one that was arrested with him. Heck I will ask Jeff is he knows that it may have been on a podcast. He will probably be mortified.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/02/02...-then-deputies-drove-him-home-documents-show/

That’s it!! Damn. Yeah the guy I know was the one that went all the way to jail. That’s awesome. I don’t remember him mentioning a third guy that injured but I guess now that I think about it that may have been the other guy in the fight with Alex. Excellent thanks for posting that link.

Can't edit. I just talked to my guy. He's the 27 yr old from Columbia referred to in the article. He said the article is pretty accurate. He said he also heard it on Mandy Matney's podcast and it was surreal. He was charged but mr Buster - the grandfather of Alex - made the charge disappear. And he stayed at mr Buster's country home for the weekend with Alex.

The thing is that no way did my guy get involved in that fight at all. He's the last person to get involved in something like that. He is so quiet and easy. He said he was standing there in the crowd and the bartender just pointed at him to the police and that was it. The one thing left out of the article is that they were not driven by a deputy from the scene to the station or home. The wagon was pulled over about 20 minutes down the road, and Alex was picked up by the deputy and taken while my guy was left to ride to the station in the paddy. Crazy.

Back