• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Murdaugh Family crime thread

bmoneydeac

Butts - Jessica Biel's in particular
Reaction score
Posted this on the CT but it didn't get any traction. Please tell me someone is as all the fuck in on this story as I am. Any South Carolina deacs got the #scoop here?

Background for the uninitiated:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ugh-family-shootings-what-to-know/5770368001/

TL;DR- Rich family that's controlled DA office in a South Carolina district for 100 years and has a large private practice as well is surrounded by a bunch of suspicious deaths. Most prominently their kinda fuckup teenage son got his friend's girlfriend killed in a boating accident while hammered. Then he and his mom were murdered in June. Dad got shot while changing a tire last weekend but lived. Next day turns out he was embezzling money from the firm and has checked into rehab for opiates. Prior to the son's boating accident a 18 year old (possibly gay lover to other son?) was killed in a hit and run and older son was implicated but never charged. And after that their housekeeper died in a slip and fall at their house and their insurance paid a 500k settlement to her estate. HBO currently working on a documentary, podcasts and youtube videos galore on this. Gimme all dat content.

In. I have not listened to the podcast yet but plan to. Crazy stuff.

Podcast is good, and she clearly has some good sources.

What's the podcast called?

Murdaugh Murders

There is nothing revolutionary in them, but she does a great job of putting the timeline and history down. And she was doing this well before MSM. However, she has broken many of the stories even the new one saying one of the guns used to kill the wife and son was a family gun.

Murdaugh Murders

There is nothing revolutionary in them, but she does a great job of putting the timeline and history down. And she was doing this well before MSM. However, she has broken many of the stories even the new one saying one of the guns used to kill the wife and son was a family gun.

Thanks. Added it to my Podcast library.

Podcast is good, and she clearly has some good sources.

The podcast is indeed good and she gives a complete time line of what happened and when. It bounces around a little but in the end screams cover up by the Murdaugh family.

Just started to podcast. Have heard about this stuff, but never really dove deep into it. I know a few people who knew a few of the family members, seems like no one really knows what is going on.

I worked on a case with Alex a few years ago and he seemed like a nice and normal person. What a sad and bizarre story.

How do you not name the podcast or documentary, "Murdaugh Is The Case That They Gave Me"?

good pull. i keep reading the thread title and thinking "of course he's a murdaughrer it was in the name all along" but this tops it several times over.

The podcast is indeed good and she gives a complete time line of what happened and when. It bounces around a little but in the end screams cover up by the Murdaugh family.

Yeah, Matney has been all over them for a while. Hampton is pretty much outside of any media market, but the most important county near there is Beaufort, in which the largest city is Hilton Head Island. Matney used to work at the (Hilton Head) Island Packet. The Island Packet and the Beaufort Gazette have joint ownership, so she used to cover a lot of things in Beaufort as well. From the time of the boat crash (and maybe earlier), she has been really digging on this story. It's no surprise that she has a great podcast about it.

She now works for the independent SC media outlet fitsnews.com.

And just so everyone knows, it is pronounced mur-dock, not mur-daw as it may seem from the spelling

I’ve passed the boat scene hundreds of times, and I’ve been to Luther’s plenty. The case gripped me when the boat crash first took place since I spent many of my summers growing up in and around the area. To think that the case would get to this point is insane.

The podcast is good, but they need to fix the audio levels. Her voice and the interviews are way too low and then an ad pops up and about blows out my car speakers.

The podcast is good, but they need to fix the audio levels. Her voice and the interviews are way too low and then an ad pops up and about blows out my car speakers.

I'll give them a pass since it's their first time doing a podcast, but (I know she's addressed it) her voice is the worst. The only way I can get through it is to imagine that it's a naked Anna Kendrick doing the podcast.

I'll give them a pass since it's their first time doing a podcast, but (I know she's addressed it) her voice is the worst. The only way I can get through it is to imagine that it's a naked Anna Kendrick doing the podcast.

People can see what you post.

Back