• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Network

Just announced that Friday will be the last Packer & Durham show.

Canceled? They don't get along?? :noidea:

Durham has missed quite a few shows recently and he's not doing play by play games right now until the fall.

That's a bummer ... I liked the show as it was a great way to stay up to date on all things ACC ... and they usually gave Wake a good amount of love

Packer air time has been cut significantly in the last year. He no longer hosts "Off Campus" on ESPNU radio. That happened a few months back.

This really sucks. I know a lot of people didn’t like them but they like Wake and are very knowledgeable about the conference and it’s history.

Yeah, something has to be up with Packer.

This coming so soon after "Off Campus" ended means there is more to the story.

Most of the content on ESPNU Radio sucks now. Not saying that Packer was in any way a "must listen", but I can't sit through most of the other shitty talk shows on that channel.

"Dusty and Danny in the Morning" filled the 7-10 AM time slot where Packer and Durham had been on ESPNU radio.

Who is going to replace them?

I would expect someone younger and cheaper in a non-descript studio. The gap between the SECN and the ACCN will just continue to widen as the SECN will continue to have decent shows like Marty & McGee and the ACCN will have Dalen Cuff and some girl.

"Dusty and Danny in the Morning" filled the 7-10 AM time slot where Packer and Durham had been on ESPNU radio.

That's not right. Greg McElroy and Danny Kannell were in that time slot, The First Team, before and McElroy did the show with Taylor Zarzour before that. McElroy held that slot for years before leaving a year ago.

Packer & Durham were on the SiriusXM ACC Channel in the morning.

I personally enjoy Mark Packer, but he's been canned several places now. I wonder if he over inflates his value and screws up contract negotiations.

That's not right. Greg McElroy and Danny Kannell were in that time slot, The First Team, before and McElroy did the show with Taylor Zarzour before that. McElroy held that slot for years before leaving a year ago.

Packer & Durham were on the SiriusXM ACC Channel in the morning.

TIL Biff is a sports talk radio freak

Marty & McGee is a better product than Packer and Durham. Nothing against P&D, but M&M are more entertaining. It would be nice if the ACCN had something similar.

TIL Biff is a sports talk radio freak

Nah, I really liked McElroy in the morning and would listen for about 15 minutes a day while dropping my son off at school. I'm not big on Kanell because of his constant trolling of SEC fans, especially UGA. I occasionally check out SEC Water Cooler or Parker & Durham. I cant stand Chris Doering though.

I do like the Childers/Neuheisel show but don't usually get a chance to listen because I'm in the office and don't care to listen.

I never listen in the afternoon. That's when the drunks and crazies are awake.

Packer really likes Wake but his On Campus (which I only started listening to this year on the drive home during football season) was all the same yahoos calling in to talk about how much the Dawgs would whup the Mizzou Tigers or wondering what was wrong with Texas.

I’m guessing Gramlich and MacLain end up with a show sooner rather than later.

I’m guessing Gramlich and MacLain end up with a show sooner rather than later.

MacLain seems like a nice guy and has a big personality, but it would be a Clemson slobfest. He is also on the "hype Clawson to another school" train.

guess they canceled the show now to get something in place soon for preseason football hype

Starting next week looks like they're showing football game re-runs in the morning time slot.

well I'm sure they're working to get the next thing in place, probably aren't announcing it til after he's gone. maybe it starts in August.

Back