• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Network

I cut the cord on Spectrum last year. I add YouTubeTV for football and basketball season. It gives me all the channels I need (ACC, SEC, Big 10, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, etc) for way less than cable.

I also want to dump Spectrum and go the YouTubeTv route. However, my only problem is that YouTubeTv does not carry Bally Sports for my Braves coverage.

Does anyone have a solution for going with YouTubeTv and adding Bally Sports?

I personally enjoy Mark Packer, but he's been canned several places now. I wonder if he over inflates his value and screws up contract negotiations.

Came here to mention that. He's pretty entertaining for the format but between the Charlotte terrestrial station, satellite radio and now P&D coming to a close, he seems to occupy a lot of high turnover positions. I wonder what happened with the t.v. show. Those guys are both good storytellers and both obviously have an irreplaceable pedigree with the league's history and culture. There is no replacement obvious to me.

Either Wes bailed to go call more games (he's still the Falcons guy IIRC) or the ACCN went either cheaper or younger. Whatever they replace them with probably won't be as good in my opinion.

I also want to dump Spectrum and go the YouTubeTv route. However, my only problem is that YouTubeTv does not carry Bally Sports for my Braves coverage.

get a parent or friend with a cable log-in. I use my mom's Spectrum for Bally.

Nah, I really liked McElroy in the morning and would listen for about 15 minutes a day while dropping my son off at school. I'm not big on Kanell because of his constant trolling of SEC fans, especially UGA. I occasionally check out SEC Water Cooler or Parker & Durham. I cant stand Chris Doering though.

I do like the Childers/Neuheisel show but don't usually get a chance to listen because I'm in the office and don't care to listen.

I never listen in the afternoon. That's when the drunks and crazies are awake.

Childers/Neuheisel are great. Love that show. Used to listen to it a lot more when I was traveling more often for work. Ran into Neuheisel at the Austin Airport... Nice guy.

Zarzour and McElroy were also very good on "The First Team". I was sad when they broke up that team... I think Zarzour left to do more golf coverage.

Everyone else sucks. Badly. Like making my ears bleed.

Packer is nothing special, and his listeners that call in can be painful... But I always appreciated how mostly stuck to the on the field stuff and actual results vs. media narrative.

Zarzour and McElroy were also very good on "The First Team". I was sad when they broke up that team

Agreed - Dusty and Danny is a huge downgrade from "The First Team".

Packer's radio show on WFNZ was a complete shitshow in the early 2000's - Believe it or not, even some (sadly not all) of the Tunnels posters look successful and well-adjusted compared to those yahoos who called in regularly to Packer's WFNZ show

Agreed - Dusty and Danny is a huge downgrade from "The First Team".

Packer's radio show on WFNZ was a complete shitshow in the early 2000's - Believe it or not, even some (sadly not all) of the Tunnels posters look successful and well-adjusted compared to those yahoos who called in regularly to Packer's WFNZ show

Yeah, when I lived in Charlotte and Raleigh back in those days, it was a great show. I don't remember a lot of the details... that dude QCB was funny... I just remember it being a fun listen.

I was paying $250/month with Spectrum. Essentially a legalized mafia. No two bills were ever the same. I swear they just make up the damn price every month.

I now pay $69/mth for FIVE times the speed (1GB) with fiber optic and YouTubeTV at $66/mth. I'm saving over $120/mth and can definitely overlook not having Bally. Plus, YouTube is adding channels almost monthly. Certainly quarterly.

In select markets Bally has rolled out a local app for $20 a month. I am sure it will be everywhere soon.

He's pretty entertaining for the format but between the Charlotte terrestrial station, satellite radio and now P&D coming to a close, he seems to occupy a lot of high turnover positions.

Eh, we're talking over 25 years here. Dude was on WFNZ from the '90s into the 2010s, that is an incredibly long-ass run by sports radio standards

DirectTV Stream has Bally. It's the sole reason I switched from Hulu.

In select markets Bally has rolled out a local app for $20 a month. I am sure it will be everywhere soon.

Their app absolutely sucks, though. I only use it when there's a Hawks or Hurricanes game on Spectrum where the Braves game is supposed to be. You have to login in every time you use it and their 2 step process is super glitchy. It takes 20 minutes to get it going every time and sometimes it just gives you an error message and says try again later!
I would love to ditch Spectrum, but it seems the only way to see the all of the Braves and Deacs games and get NFL Network/Redzone is via cable.

[h=1]Wake Forest ACC Network Takeover Set For Tuesday, July 19[/h] 7/17/2022 11:12:00 PM
[h=2]ACC Network will air 24 hours of Wake Forest University programming on Tuesday.[/h] https://godeacs.com/news/2022/7/17/...network-takeover-set-for-tuesday-july-19.aspx

Wake Forest Content Schedule
  • 12:00 a.m. – 2021 Football: Wake Forest at Syracuse
  • 3 a.m. – 2021 ACC Men's Golf Championship
  • 5 a.m. – ACC Traditions: Wake Forest
  • 5:30 a.m. – 2022 Wake Forest Football Spring Game
  • 7:30 a.m. – 2022 Wake Forest Men's Basketball at NC State
  • 9:30 a.m. – 2021 TaxSlayer Gator Bowl
  • 12:30 p.m. – 2022 Wake Forest Men's Basketball vs. North Carolina
  • 2:30 p.m. – 2021 Football: Wake Forest vs. NC State
  • 5:30 p.m. – ACC Traditions: Wake Forest
  • 6 p.m. – 2022 Wake Forest Women's Basketball vs. Virginia
  • 8 p.m. – 2021 Wake Forest Women's Soccer at Duke
  • 10 p.m. – 2022 ACC Women's Golf Championship

The Deacon ladies getting the prime time action. That Women's hoop game against UVA was truly a "who is tallest dwarf" contest.

I personally enjoy Mark Packer, but he's been canned several places now. I wonder if he over inflates his value and screws up contract negotiations.

Came by it naturally enough if he does.

[h=1]Wake Forest ACC Network Takeover Set For Tuesday, July 19[/h] 7/17/2022 11:12:00 PM
[h=2]ACC Network will air 24 hours of Wake Forest University programming on Tuesday.[/h] https://godeacs.com/news/2022/7/17/...network-takeover-set-for-tuesday-july-19.aspx

Wake Forest Content Schedule
  • 12:00 a.m. – 2021 Football: Wake Forest at Syracuse
  • 3 a.m. – 2021 ACC Men's Golf Championship
  • 5 a.m. – ACC Traditions: Wake Forest
  • 5:30 a.m. – 2022 Wake Forest Football Spring Game
  • 7:30 a.m. – 2022 Wake Forest Men's Basketball at NC State
  • 9:30 a.m. – 2021 TaxSlayer Gator Bowl
  • 12:30 p.m. – 2022 Wake Forest Men's Basketball vs. North Carolina
  • 2:30 p.m. – 2021 Football: Wake Forest vs. NC State
  • 5:30 p.m. – ACC Traditions: Wake Forest
  • 6 p.m. – 2022 Wake Forest Women's Basketball vs. Virginia
  • 8 p.m. – 2021 Wake Forest Women's Soccer at Duke
  • 10 p.m. – 2022 ACC Women's Golf Championship

The time slots for these games make it seem as if the ACC network/ESPN aren't interested in maximizing ratings.

did the ACCN show the Women's Golf (and Men's Golf) championships live? I thought they did not?

but then the ACCN shows them a few months later? Other than the athletes and their families, who watches?

Oh man the Rutgers game just got to the Smenda targeting ejection and it still enrages me.

did the ACCN show the Women's Golf (and Men's Golf) championships live? I thought they did not?

but then the ACCN shows them a few months later? Other than the athletes and their families, who watches?

Almost as if someone wanted the ratings for the ACCN, or at least the WF takeover day, to tank. Look, I love WF sports. I even watched some of that UVA/WF women's hoop rock-fight between ACC cellar dwellers when it was live (both coaches are long gone), but other than, maybe, the players themselves, don't think there is anyone in the world who would spend 30 seconds watching a replay of the women's hoop game between WF and UVA and (that's not an attack on women's hoop; the same point would apply if the ACCN televised last year's Pitt v. NC State men's hoop game).

Back