• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Network

I wonder what will happen after football season. Assume they’ll switch to a bball focused show but I will definitely miss the coverage of Olympic sports.

I actually like Marty and McGee. Considering where they are both from, I wish they were on ACC network instead of SEC network.

Speaking of SEC network, I have enjoyed their TrueSouth series with John T. Nickens, which covers food/culture/music in SEC territory. I'd like to see the ACC network take on something similar.

Speaking of SEC network, I have enjoyed their TrueSouth series with John T. Nickens, which covers food/culture/music in SEC territory. I'd like to see the ACC network take on something similar.

"On this week and every week's episode *insert uNC alum* takes us to Franklin St restaurants to talk about James Taylor"

"On this week and every week's episode *insert uNC alum* takes us to Franklin St restaurants to talk about James Taylor"

Good thing about this series is that they rarely go to an actual conference-member's city, nor do they directly reference football much either; often they feature backroads places run by immigrants who are too busy working and building a business to follow college football on the reg. But to your point, yeah, the ACCN would probably take the lazy approach and stick with spots like Top of the Hill, Amedeos, The Varsity and Esso Club.

Good thing about this series is that they rarely go to an actual conference-member's city, nor do they directly reference football much either; often they feature backroads places run by immigrants who are too busy working and building a business to follow college football on the reg. But to your point, yeah, the ACCN would probably take the lazy approach and stick with spots like Top of the Hill, Amedeos, The Varsity and Esso Club.

That's True South though.

Yeah there is no way ACCN would put out something as good as that show sounds. It would just be a circle jerk for a few teams.

they'd do The Beacon, Varsity, Franklin Street, Primanti Bros, some shit like Legal Seafood in Boston, the Brown Hotel in Lousiville, a Cuban joint in Miami, The Pit in Raleigh, and idk about where else.

I think it's cute you all are talking about ESPN actually spending money on ACC Network programming.

I know he's a heel, but I would watch the shit out of a series where they send Caleb Pressley to each ACC campus, find some students to get him super high, and then take him to whatever the late night food spot is and to whatever other weird late night shit happens in each city. Basically an ACC version of Insomiac with Dave Attell. The COWARDS in the ACC office would never ok it though.

I think it's cute you all are talking about ESPN actually spending money on ACC Network programming.

ACC needs to start making money somehow for our schools seeing how the B10 is signing a contract for $7 billion over 7 years for their schools with CBS, Fox & NBC. Not including CFP playoffs, NCAA tourney & bowl games, they will be paying out over $75 mill per team in 2024.

ACC needs to start making money somehow for our schools seeing how the B10 is signing a contract for $7 billion over 7 years for their schools with CBS, Fox & NBC. Not including CFP playoffs, NCAA tourney & bowl games, they will be paying out over $75 mill per team in 2024.

#scooooooooooooooooop

Blows my mind how people think ESPN is running a charity for ACC schools as opposed to a business where they pay as little as possible for a product then sell it for as much as they can charge.

they'd do The Beacon, Varsity, Franklin Street, Primanti Bros, some shit like Legal Seafood in Boston, the Brown Hotel in Lousiville, a Cuban joint in Miami, The Pit in Raleigh, and idk about where else.

Jesus if they came to Raleigh and went to The Pit I would lose my damn mind.

Came across this interview. Probably posted elsewhere and I missed it. This was before Sam's injury. But, boy, is Clawson absolutely pissed in this one. God, I love this guy. He just so gets Wake Forest but, unlike many predecessors, he doesn't take the bullshit and shows backbone.

"I think it's highly irresponsible for whoever runs your social media network [to leave Sam Hartman off the list of top QBs]" -- Clawson

Get well soon, Sam!! We're going to need you.

Last edited:

I’m reading there’s a new Cookout in Winston!

Back