• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Network

The ACCN is not even rated by Nielsen. The SECN isn't either for that matter. Not entirely sure how that works with ad sales or if they have some internal metrics they are able to use, but ratings don't matter because there are no ratings.

The ACCN is not even rated by Nielsen. The SECN isn't either for that matter. Not entirely sure how that works with ad sales or if they have some internal metrics they are able to use, but ratings don't matter because there are no ratings.

So Packer and Durham wasn't canceled for lack of ratings then.... :confused:

So Packer and Durham wasn't canceled for lack of ratings then.... :confused:

TBH I’m really not sure how that works. You’d have to think there would be some measure of viewers or how else would they know what rates to sell ads for, but even in Disney’s annual report it is specifically noted that both the SECN and ACCN are not rated and that the number of paid subscribers they list for each are estimates by a 3rd party because Nielsen doesn’t rate them. Like a company of that size really does not know how many subscribers they actually have for multiple channels they spend millions on every year? It seems intentional that they don’t want to know because the BTN is rated by Nielsen.

I don’t think they actually got cancelled. Packer says news will come out in the next few weeks about his new stuff with ACCN. I honestly think Wes was just spread to thin to continue and didn’t want to give up play-by-play. He does ACC football, bball, and the Falcons. He also doesn’t live in Charlotte so he was basically on the road 24/7.

I don’t think they actually got cancelled. Packer says news will come out in the next few weeks about his new stuff with ACCN. I honestly think Wes was just spread to thin to continue and didn’t want to give up play-by-play. He does ACC football, bball, and the Falcons. He also doesn’t live in Charlotte so he was basically on the road 24/7.

Won’t let me edit but I meant “too.”

Packer was broadcasting from his basement. I think Durham was too. Not much travel involved.

Finally some live programming with the ACC Football Kickoff today.

Interesting that Packer and Durham are both there.... but not together.

Let me take a wild-ass guess..... the esteemed ACC journalists will have us picked 5th in our division. Rinse and repeat.

I get it, but given where we’re likely to start in the Top 25, I don’t think they can justifiably pull that move this year.

I think we’ll be a pretty solid preseason 3rd behind Clemson and State.

Conor tweeted out that Packer will have a new show on the ACCN, football focused, airing in the afternoons starting August 22

New Packer show ACC PM premieres on Monday.

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-...ts-of-acc-networks-new-afternoon-show-acc-pm/

Former NFL safety and North Carolina football standout Tre Boston and Florida State alumna and sports anchor Taylor Tannebaum are joining ACC Network as co-hosts of ACCN’s new daily studio show, ACC PM. Debuting Monday, Aug. 22, at 4 p.m. ET, ACC PM will feature Mark Packer, Boston and Tannebaum live from the studio home in Packer’s basement in Charlotte, N.C., weekdays from 4-7 p.m.

Back