• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mike Norvell

Any videos or photos of FSU fans, players and coaches immediately after that last play would be welcomed if posted here. You could also include any of same from the Jacksonville State group....nah, let's just go with shock and misery instead of unbelievable surprise and jubilation; much more entertaining..

I finally found it on ESPN site, but geez, prevent D or not, it wasn't even a Hail Mary pass. The dude just threw a normal long pass down to around the 17 yard line and caught it. No big deal. Neither FSU guy tackled him so he side-stepped & juke two to the end zone. Just crap defense! Two FSU guys were still behind him but over ran the dude.

Wow. I didn’t catch this.

Watched part of the game. Just glad we don't play JSU as they looked pretty good.

Watched part of the game. Just glad we don't play JSU as they looked pretty good.

They are traditionally a very good FCS program, but they also lost the week before 31-0 to UAB? Their QB transferred from Clemson and is very good player.

The difference in recruiting class rankings will be evident in our FSU game.

You people have to stop thinking like you used to.

Sucks JSU won. Before this. The WFU 30-0 victory was considered their worst defeat in the modern era. Lost our place in history.

Sucks JSU won. Before this. The WFU 30-0 victory was considered their worst defeat in the modern era. Lost our place in history.

We’ll have to beat them 60-0.

If FSU comes in broken and disconsolate because they started 0-2 then Norvell should be fired after the game.

I’m going to assume he’s a half-decent coach and they this is a circle the wagons type of opportunity for FSU. They need this game, and they know they need it. WF also needs this game. Hope our boys are up to the task.

This. If they are lackluster, he should be fired.

This. If they are lackluster, he should be fired.

Most likely they come out fired up and ready to tear into us, so we have to match that and play well early and get those doubts in their heads.

I hate to say it, but no way will Wake be favored. FSU will come in on fire and we have played the bottom of the barrel. I hope i am embarrisngly wrong.

Last edited:
Most likely they come out fired up and ready to tear into us, so we have to match that and play well early and get those doubts in their heads.

Ideal scenario would be Wake kickoff, D gets a three and out, Wake scores within two minutes of getting the ball, with 3 big chunk plays.

I hate to say it, but no way will Wake be favored. FSU will come in on fire. If we win, nothing is impossible this year.

We’re favored.

I'm pretty sure that is still the only home shutout loss on their record.

FSU receivers will garner more catches vs us. Why? Many of their drops this season have been due to either an anticipated hit or an actual hit. Our D will be so off the receiver in most plays, such intimidation will not figure in.

Norvell was up on The Deacs 24- 10 in 2018. Lost. Lost against ND. Lost against JSU. Dude is a shitty closer.

Back