• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mike Norvell

ChrisL68

Riley Skinner
Reaction score
So last week Florida state went for that idiotic 4th down in their own territory that gave ND points and cost them the game, And this week among other things they weren't in a prevent defense when the other team had 60 yd to go in 6 seconds.

Last edited:
Guessing Wake -6? Line will probably move to Wake -7.5 as we get closer to Saturday. I can see FSU coming to Winston extremely uninspired after that loss to JSU.

When they finally get the hot tub time machine ready for commercial use, ABC is going to go back to last week and move the ND/FSU game to ESPN3.

I thought FSU -7 after the ND game. Now Wake will be favored, and I’m guessing -5 to -7

So last week Florida state went for that idiotic 4th down in their own territory that gave ND points and cost them the game, And this week among other things they weren't in a prevent defense when the other team had 60 yd to go in 6 seconds.

watched highlights. Inexcusable for not having a prevent. One guy gets beat and receiver makes a move and game over. FSU quarterback was very unimpressive. Can't throw deep and throws alot of ducks from what I saw.

I haven't seen a view of the play that confirms they weren't in a prevent. The WR wasn't on an island. They just didn't tackle. FSU may have been defending against JSU getting in position for a game-tying FG. JSU had 6 seconds and one timeout. Plenty of time to catch the ball at the 30, go down, and call a timeout.

I haven't seen a view of the play that confirms they weren't in a prevent.

Norvell confirmed it

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-loss-jacksonville-state-totally-unacceptable

947fe589f4c191c913094c268540dd3a.jpg

watched highlights. Inexcusable for not having a prevent. One guy gets beat and receiver makes a move and game over. FSU quarterback was very unimpressive. Can't throw deep and throws alot of ducks from what I saw.

Milton wasn’t Milton from 2017 at QB, but he was recents. His receivers were hot garbage though - tons of easy dropped passes, including one on the first drive that was a sure TD with no defender within 10 yards.

Why did anyone even need Norvell to confirm???? It would have been the first ever prevent I have seen where the DBs are sprinting in stride trying to play catch up instead of waiting for WRs and ball to come to them. Not to mention no other safety/ help anywhere back there to help them. Absolute disaster and Norvell thinks he is smarter than everyone else. But unfortunately for Noles it is quite the opposite….

To say they're pissed would be an understatement.

Ummm....also criticism for Norvell rotating out the RB who always gets in the endzone due to "philosophy"....
We're still going to struggle mightily vs FSU, IMO

Any videos or photos of FSU fans, players and coaches immediately after that last play would be welcomed if posted here. You could also include any of same from the Jacksonville State group....nah, let's just go with shock and misery instead of unbelievable surprise and jubilation; much more entertaining..

Love it. Let’s bury this band of rudderless players.

If FSU comes in broken and disconsolate because they started 0-2 then Norvell should be fired after the game.

I’m going to assume he’s a half-decent coach and they this is a circle the wagons type of opportunity for FSU. They need this game, and they know they need it. WF also needs this game. Hope our boys are up to the task.

As a long-suffering Wake fan this game worries the hell out of me. Maybe FSU truly sucks and they roll over, but I think the better likelihood is they play like a trapped and wounded animal next weekend.

Over the years I've just seen too many Wake squads be the cure-all for teams in FSU's situation to relax about this one.

Back