• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Injury updates

I meant the National Championship game but if he could be back in time for the semi-final, that would be good too.

The negative in our incredible season, for me, is the knowledge that if we do achieve enough success to make a national stage, how embarrassing it will be? If Army puts up 50+, what in the world would most top 15 teams roll up on us!? And they will have the D to slow down our O. (Clemson has for a decade and I think they will this year, especially since we won't be able to hear.)

Wisconsin running up 40+ on our D 10 months ago and they could only put 20 on this Army D.

I'm elated with our record but I'm dreading a bowl matchup with a truly quality program....PSU, Michigan, Auburn, OSU, etc...

It is just frustrating for Clawson to have been here as long as he has and we still have such a horrendous D.

Army had one of the better defenses in the country prior to our game with them. Pretty sure they had a DLineman with a ton of sacks.

The negative in our incredible season, for me, is the knowledge that if we do achieve enough success to make a national stage, how embarrassing it will be? If Army puts up 50+, what in the world would most top 15 teams roll up on us!? And they will have the D to slow down our O. (Clemson has for a decade and I think they will this year, especially since we won't be able to hear.)

Wisconsin running up 40+ on our D 10 months ago and they could only put 20 on this Army D.

I'm elated with our record but I'm dreading a bowl matchup with a truly quality program....PSU, Michigan, Auburn, OSU, etc...

It is just frustrating for Clawson to have been here as long as he has and we still have such a horrendous D.

Will you just shut the fuck up

Clown post.

It_Smell_Like_Bitch_In_Here_Banner.jpg

Last edited:
Army had one of the better defenses in the country prior to our game with them. Pretty sure they had a DLineman with a ton of sacks.

Andre Carter II, entered Saturday with 8.5 and and left Saturday with ... 8.5.

Noted a few times in my film review that DeVonte Gordon handled him 1-on-1 a couple of times on touchdown passes.

Army got a few licks on Hartman that first series and barely touched him after that.

Time for some people to step up. Johns is probably my favorite overall defensive player that we have and Garnes has been big for us this year. Our O is better than pretty much every defense we will play for the rest of the regular season, but UNC’s O, and Clemson’s O when firing will cause issues for our D. I hope we get up early against Duke and can play some younger guys for the next 3-4 games to save their eligibility butt give them meaningful reps.

More concerned with Duke’s offense than Clemson’s. Duke has a great RB and the QB completes 70%. The last thing we should be worried about it getting playing time for reserves. Duke beat us at home 3 years ago when we were on a roll. It can happen again if we don’t defend better.

Not worried about getting PT for young players. I’m saying we need some people to step up while some key players are injured. Even better if we don’t burn their shirts at the same time.

Duke’s O doesn’t concern me. Even with Johns and Garners out we will dominate the line of scrimmage.

More concerned with Duke’s offense than Clemson’s. Duke has a great RB and the QB completes 70%. The last thing we should be worried about it getting playing time for reserves. Duke beat us at home 3 years ago when we were on a roll. It can happen again if we don’t defend better.

First part, yes, 100%.

Second part -- some posters on here could get to 65% in Duke's offense, I'd wager. The ball gets thrown down the field maybe one out of every 10-12 passes; otherwise it's a whole lot of dinking and dunking and handing off.

This should be a "stop the run and then get the secondary back on track" defensive game.

Duke will score some points if wake doesn’t focus. But there is no way the duke defense will slow wake down enough to keep up. This might be like the wake duke game in 2010 but unless someone bites sam’s arm off wake is not losing.

Wisconsin didn't put up 40 on our D. Did you watch the game?

You've convinced me, lets lose the last 5 so we can go to a really crappy bowl and not get embarrassed. How pathetic!

Break the contract with Army and stop playing the service academies.

It’s a nightmare and losing Garnes and Johns sucks. Who will we lose next year?

I watched their offense closely and Army players kamikaze into our guys right as our guys are making the tackle. And the cut blocking is why Clawson was a “pile of nerves” on the sideline.

Break whatever contract Buddie swindled you into ASAP.

Back