• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State at Wake Forest, 3:30 Saturday on ESPN

No surprise re Milton starting. I expect we'll see Travis as well, primarily as a runner.

I watched the JSU condensed game because I'm not very familiar with Milton. He's a solid quarterback. FSU would have won the game if his receivers could catch. He seems reasonably mobile, and can throw on the run. Their o-line did not impress. Their running backs are clearly the strength.

Poor guy probably wanted to propose after a win. He may have had the ring last week read to propose after beating ND. Now he doesn't know where there's a win on the schedule.

I had the same thought.

No surprise re Milton starting. I expect we'll see Travis as well, primarily as a runner.

I watched the JSU condensed game because I'm not very familiar with Milton. He's a solid quarterback. FSU would have won the game if his receivers could catch. He seems reasonably mobile, and can throw on the run. Their o-line did not impress. Their running backs are clearly the strength.

Yeah, I think Milton is a guy given time and open receivers that can deliver the ball. We need to pressure him, he does still look fairly mobile, but I can't imagine after all he's been through he relishes the thought of having to run and take many hits.

Anyone who has been at this awhile knows that the point spread should be viewed as a serpent under foot, and that is not LOWF. That is college age young men playing a big man's game at Wake Forest.

Clawson cannot change the psyche in one season or in one decade. Grobe did a great job of putting a dent in the mindset at WF but then faltered at the end. Clawson really needs this game to be able to make the compelling case going forward with recruits, parents and coaches. The players obviously need this game to have the season they want.

Deacs just need to go out and execute--take care of their own business.

McKenzie Milton and Scott Frost won a national championship and had a parade.

When you really think about it, its incredible that Wake should and probably will beat FSU. The talent FSU gets is just ridiculous compared to the Deacs. But for whatever reason - I guess its just really the coaching - FSU pretty much stinks.

I also learned Saturday that Jacksonville State is the Gamecocks. Thought there was only one of those.

When you really think about it, its incredible that Wake should and probably will beat FSU. The talent FSU gets is just ridiculous compared to the Deacs. But for whatever reason - I guess its just really the coaching - FSU pretty much stinks.

I also learned Saturday that Jacksonville State is the Gamecocks. Thought there was only one of those.

Jacksonville State is located in Alabama, not Florida.

Jacksonville State is located in Alabama, not Florida.

Pretty sure he was talking about Gamecocks not Jacksonvilles.

Alabama is an underrated football state even beyond Alabama and Auburn. UAB resurrected into a good program. Troy has been consistently good. Jacksonville State is a strong FCS program. Alabama A&M won the SWAC last year. South Alabama has made some bowls.

This. I don’t know if the FSU receivers are actually terrible or if they just had a terrible game, but there were so many easy dropped balls.

They're not happy. The fans I know seem to understand how far they are from competing with UF. Norvell seems to have burned up any trust that he's the guy to do it.

From what I can see his only saving grace is that he’s not Willie Taggart and there is still a terrible taste in the fanbase’s mouth from him. But pretty soon this could become a Bz/Manning situation where the present doesn’t look any better than the past.

FWIW, former FSU QB James Blackman transferred to Arkansas State to play for Butch Jones. Blackman threw for 306 yards and 4 TDs on Saturday in a 55-50 loss to Memphis. Arkansas State plays at winless Washington this Saturday.

Last edited:
Regarding the talent at FSU, here are their 247 recruiting rankings compared to WF:

2021: FSU #22, WF #66
2020: FSU #22, WF #60
2019: FSU #18, WF #59
2018: FSU #11, WF #64
2017: FSU #6, WF #68

Here are our records:
2021: FSU 0-2; WF 2-0
2020: FSU 3-6; WF 4-5
2019: FSU 6-7; WF 8-5
2018: FSU 5-7; WF 7-6
2017: FSU 7-6; WF 8-5

FSU won the head to head matchup every year from 2012-2018, a few in blowouts. We narrowly won in 2019, and then they dodged us last year.

Fsu offensive line is not good. One quit today. I say. We gonna be disruptive to their plans.

Dontae Lucas. Backup guard who started 14 games.

Same guy who pranced around the field the minute FSU got off the bus at Wake Forest in 2019. Pretty sure he had an awful holding or personal foul late in the game that was huge.

Same guy who pranced around the field the minute FSU got off the bus at Wake Forest in 2019. Pretty sure he had an awful holding or personal foul late in the game that was huge.

Oh yeah, I remember that. He did them a favor.

Dontae Lucas. Backup guard who started 14 games.

Ha, pretty funny that he quits the week before they have to play us after that stunt he pulled in 2019.

Oh yeah, I remember that. He did them a favor.

Yep. I had video at some point and think I put it on Twitter; but changing my handle recently makes it really hard to find years-old tweets.

I had never seen anything like that. I'm glad the ESPN crew (think it was ESPN, maybe ACCN) got it, because I remember seeing it when I re-watched.

Sometimes I think Willie got shafted and deserved more time there. And then I remember tidbits like that.

Fsu offensive line is not good. One quit today. I say. We gonna be disruptive to their plans.

Some of the FSU recruits think they can just roll out the rankings and win. They are finding out college football doesn't work that way.

Back