• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State at Wake Forest, 3:30 Saturday on ESPN

I thought Sam played one of the best games of his career. Morin didn’t have a big game on the box score but he had some huge catches that helped keep us in a position to win. Miles Fox had the most dominate game by a Wake DT I’ve seen in a while. Roberson had an off game. I liked how all 3 RBs played and I’m pretty confused by the comments otherwise. FSU has a legit D line, and we consistently found success in the running game, even when they knew it was coming.
Wouldnt be surprised if Morin set a record for first down grabs. Toughest nut on this team.

That’s fine. He’s not coaching against Bowden. I think the score appropriately reflected how badly we dominated them. I wanted to see Kern in there at the end, but I was fine with quick handoffs too.
We got his son fired. Fuck ole Bowden.

Feel like Morin only was thrown hard-to-catch balls all day and he made the catch each time

dude has hands

Morin did a great job using his body to hold off defenders and Hartman was just throwing darts to him right between the numbers. Great chemistry between them. Nice to see Perry have such a dominant game with FSU seemingly hyper-focused on Roberson. I thought we'd win, but I'm still surprised we dominated across the board. Both lines, QB play, receivers, RB's, special teams. It's always fun to beat FSU even if they're in disarray, but the completeness of our team was the most exciting aspect of that game.

Even after they got their asses whipped they still didn’t give us any respect. I listened in through the Twitter link to the War Chant call in show for about 5 minutes and both the hosts said that Wake wasn’t a good team. We should have run up the score on those spoiled little bitches.

I watched that nonsense for about 30 minutes on their YouTube channel. The world those people are living in is something far from reality. Wake handed them their asses on both sides of the ball and all I heard was trashing our program, fans, stadium and incessant whining because people no longer fear their program. I wish we had hung 55+ on them!

I watched that nonsense for about 30 minutes on their YouTube channel. The world those people are living in is something far from reality. Wake handed them their asses on both sides of the ball and all I heard was trashing our program, fans, stadium and incessant whining because people no longer fear their program. I wish we had hung 55+ on them!

There was a time people could trash our stadium and it wouldn’t be completely off base, but it is now. Our stadium is beautiful and it’s perfect for our program. Just sour grapes from a fanbase that thinks it’s entitled and is a bunch of spoiled babies.

Throw in UCF

That was on Friday.

But yeah, no Florida program got an FBS win this weekend. FIU lost to Texas Tech. FAU and USF beat FCS Fordham and FAMU respectively.

Thoughts a day after:

1. Ruggiero called a great game. The base RPO gets a lot of flak around here, but when played off the regular passing game, it was really effective. It was nice to see Sam pull it some to throw and by the 3rd quarter, he really stretched the mesh point out and the FSU linebackers had no clue what to do.

2. All 3 RB. Honestly, I didn’t know Ellison had that in him. All 3 showed a lot of strength and turned what looked like 1-2 yard gains into 3-4 yards. We still miss the breakaway capability of Walker, but we have 3 capable and consistent backs - this will consistently put us in good 2nd and 3rd down situations and open up the passing game for the HR.

3. This has been the most penalized team of Clawson’s that I can remember. We need to fix that b/c our offense is such a system O that getting behind the chains won’t work for us. While we get the occasional explosive play, we can’t depend on it. Same for D, drive extending penalties are a killer.

4. I love our secondary. Except for the blown coverage - where it looked like Garnes missed the coverage assignment, they fly around and hit hard. While we still had a few arm tackles, we are solo tackling better than we have in a few years. As they get experience and the flow of the defense, this will be a strength.

A couple thoughts......

We need to continue playing well and improving. FSU is not good so we can't call this some kind of milestone victory.

BC is surprisingly good after losing their talisman QB Jurkovec.

UNC is finding their footing on offense and can win games with it. Their defense is meh.

Clemson's o-line is terrible. Offensively they can't function because of it and DJ5 is playing like a rookie because of it. Their defense otoh is pretty good.

We are a good team but have a lot of toss up games left depending on how we play. Keep building and avoid key injuries and who knows....

Clawson is a class act and so is Wake. We even had a tribute to Bobby Bowden painted on the visitor side bricks. No chance we were going to run up the score unnecessarily. You don’t do that just because the opposing fan base is full of idiots.

If we were playing Duke or State, I’m all for it. And I assume Clawson is as well. Remember the Duke game against Daniel Jones?

Good points, Clawson is disciplined and leads by example. Not going to run it up like you said, except maybe v Louisville in 2018 which was completely justified.

Yeah, I think Clawson gets a pass against Louisville for the remainder of his career.

Great gameday atmosphere; home crowd was as loud & animated as I've seen them since the 2019 UNC game (granted, our version of "animated" is somewhat benign compared to others, but still).
Best moment for me was the Deacon dancer chicks grinding to "Black Betty" during a break in the action.

Morin did a great job using his body to hold off defenders and Hartman was just throwing darts to him right between the numbers. Great chemistry between them. Nice to see Perry have such a dominant game with FSU seemingly hyper-focused on Roberson. I thought we'd win, but I'm still surprised we dominated across the board. Both lines, QB play, receivers, RB's, special teams. It's always fun to beat FSU even if they're in disarray, but the completeness of our team was the most exciting aspect of that game.

Ivan Mora was fantastic yesterday. It's been rough for a few seasons, but special teams in general really seems solid this year.

Back