• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State at Wake Forest, 3:30 Saturday on ESPN

We did a lot well. AT Perry obviously breaking out.

The only thing that annoyed me was 4th and 1, time to dominate and run clock and go up 42-14 and our running back runs directly into our tight end and falls down. Seems like an easy fix.

Has there been any commentary on the FSU Flag Corp running out the flags after an FSU TD spelling out NOELS instead of NOLES. I work in the press box and we were cracking up!

Please tell me someone has a photo

He did, just not that well. Had the second-lowest grade of any defensive player on PFF.

He's young, he's going to be inconsistent. We seem to have some really good depth at D-end though, so different guys will probably step up at different times.

He's young, he's going to be inconsistent. We seem to have some really good depth at D-end though, so different guys will probably step up at different times.

Miles Fox and Luiji Vilain spent most of their afternoons in the FSU backfield. That was age and experience dominating.

Yeah, I mean ... Rondell played well. But they didn't play anybody at field end other than those two, so if they're going to be your two options, can't have one of them grading out below 50 too often.

You're right on the youth and inconsistency factors. He set the bar pretty high with the ODU game and was never going to repeat that against FSU. Think it's fair to be disappointed he didn't have more of an impact, given how shitty FSU's OL is.

Now, the reason this didn't matter that much -- the other DE position was FANTASTIC, with Ja'Corey Johns and Luiji Vilain. They both forced fumbles and had sacks. If they're going to play like that consistently, it'll give the defense something it's never really gotten out of that position (not to give away too much with a story I want to write this week).

Yeah, I mean ... Rondell played well. But they didn't play anybody at field end other than those two, so if they're going to be your two options, can't have one of them grading out below 50 too often.

You're right on the youth and inconsistency factors. He set the bar pretty high with the ODU game and was never going to repeat that against FSU. Think it's fair to be disappointed he didn't have more of an impact, given how shitty FSU's OL is.

Now, the reason this didn't matter that much -- the other DE position was FANTASTIC, with Ja'Corey Johns and Luiji Vilain. They both forced fumbles and had sacks. If they're going to play like that consistently, it'll give the defense something it's never really gotten out of that position (not to give away too much with a story I want to write this week).

Which end position does Francis and Chaney play? I guess those guys aren't figuring into the rotation, at least yet?

He did, just not that well. Had the second-lowest grade of any defensive player on PFF.

I watched him closely on one of FSU's drives. He bit really hard on what appeared to be the same fake twice, leading to a couple of big runs.

That was on Friday.

But yeah, no Florida program got an FBS win this weekend. FIU lost to Texas Tech. FAU and USF beat FCS Fordham and FAMU respectively.

And the state of North Carolina was a Charlotte loss from being "perfect" this weekend: wins by Duke, NCST, UNC, WFU, APP, ECU. College football still appeals to me more regionally than on a national basis.

Which end position does Francis and Chaney play? I guess those guys aren't figuring into the rotation, at least yet?

Francis is No. 3 behind JJ/Vilain. They've moved Chaney around a bit, he was at DT when they got thin in camp, now I think he's back to field end. Kendron Wayman is the other name to know -- he flashed a few times in camp as a drop end.

Edit to answer second part: Royce Francis has intrigued for a couple of years because he's in some pretty important places on special teams, but I think he just doesn't have the athleticism/burst to be a productive DE in the ACC. He kind of reminds me of the type of player Grobe was getting in his last few years -- high character, isn't going to be in trouble, but just isn't a P5 starter.

Chaney, I mean ... they moved a 6-4, 265-pound guy to DT. Hopefully that says enough.

Last edited:
Please tell me someone has a photo

eO04Wni.jpg

Does the Wake SID still put out a weekly pdf of the stats, stories, depth chart, etc? I was looking for it on our website to no avail.

Back