• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State at Wake Forest, 3:30 Saturday on ESPN

McKenzie Milton officially named the starting QB for FSU for this week. He has a history of being not good when under pressure. Wake D-line needs to apply that pressure.

Y'all fret. Clawson plays chess. He's been working this game since August. Showed nothing in our first two games. ( Norvell tries same thing and gets beat). Already looked at everything N orvell did at Memphis cuz bowl. Now just more info. Our staff been on this game for weeks. Trust the DBs. Send the house. Their receivers are not good is my advice. And I got 1/100th what Clawson knows.

Y'all fret. Clawson plays chess. He's been working this game since August. Showed nothing in our first two games. ( Norvell tries same thing and gets beat). Already looked at everything N orvell did at Memphis cuz bowl. Now just more info. Our staff been on this game for weeks. Trust the DBs. Send the house. Their receivers are not good is my advice. And I got 1/100th what Clawson knows.

Agree with all of this. I want blitz packages on D and to confuse the shit out of them with motion and misdirection on offense. Clawson has been saving it for this game.

I feel like Clawson's going to run his stuff, just like he has in the past 85 or so games he's coached at WF.

Yeah, I love Clawson, but I've yet to see a game where it looked like he was breaking out stuff he was "saving" for a certain game.

Umm, their QBs have been hit on 58.3% of their drop backs. That is AWFUL and 3rd worst in America. I guess they must be a lot stronger at run blocking.

True that! They haven't had a good Oline since the middle of Jumbo's tenure. Remember when Francois was running for his life against everybody! I hope it doesn't change on Saturday.

What does worry me is us getting off the field on defense. We let Norf St have too many long drives in the first half. Didn't give up many points, just too much time!

I think defensively we will kick it up a notch. WE WILL BLITZ ALL NIGHT! THEY PASS THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE HES GONNA TAKE EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM OUT. WE WILL MAKE SURE THAT THE NOLES FOREVER REMEMBER THE NIGHT THEY PLAYED THE DEACONS.

FSU is neither as good as they looked against Notre Dame nor as bad as they looked against Jacksonville State. The only thing those two games have in common is that FSU was in both games until the end and found a way to lose. The Deacons need to establish a lead early and continue to increase it. If they let FSU hang around or punch them in the mouth early, they risk defeat.

You have a pissed off (and athletic) F$U team against the wall playing in their first conference game. This will be a close one.

Jax State showed how to beat them. Load the box. Play man coverage. FSU receivers couldn't do shit.

McKenzie Milton officially named the starting QB for FSU for this week. He has a history of being not good when under pressure. Wake D-line needs to apply that pressure.

News to me. Only thing I recall is him being a Heisman Trophy finalist.

Oh and outside of Bash, when did a Wake DL ever put consistant pressure on the QB in a big game? FSU OL trashed the ND DL. Is our DL better than ND's ?

Lastly, Nole's gotta be in a lousy mood....

24-13 FSU and I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Somebody posted that CBS was questionable. Any news on that front? Would be bad news if so.

We've gotta be the only ACC fanbase that can be favored by around a touchdown for a home conference game and have the pre-game discussion revolve around how the incoming team lost their last game, which will make them mad and therefore they will beat us soundly. We're favored for a reason, have some faith that we are actually good at football nowadays.

Oh and outside of Bash, when did a Wake DL ever put consistant pressure on the QB in a big game? FSU OL trashed the ND DL. Is our DL better than ND's ?

In 2017 I think we set the record for the most TFL in a ACC game or something like that. I think it was like 17 TFL, 5 sacks, and 11 QB hits/Hurries. Who were we playing? FSU. We lost due to some pretty awful offensive play calling after outgaining them badly. I was shocked James Blackman survived the game as much as we pummeled him.

Bro. ND had 5 sacks. Jasheen Davis is about to be the next Boogie.

All I can say is Claussngers should be on the hot seat if he loses to this sorry FSU team at home..

Back