• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State at Wake Forest, 3:30 Saturday on ESPN

You have a pissed off (and athletic) F$U team against the wall playing in their first conference game. This will be a close one.

This. That man coverage won't go as well as it did when they were playing Jax St. I still think we win, but it definitely won't be a cake walk.

In 2017 I think we set the record for the most TFL in a ACC game or something like that. I think it was like 17 TFL, 5 sacks, and 11 QB hits/Hurries. Who were we playing? FSU. We lost due to some pretty awful offensive play calling after outgaining them badly. I was shocked James Blackman survived the game as much as we pummeled him.

4 years ago....fair enough.

We've gotta be the only ACC fanbase that can be favored by around a touchdown for a home conference game and have the pre-game discussion revolve around how the incoming team lost their last game, which will make them mad and therefore they will beat us soundly. We're favored for a reason, have some faith that we are actually good at football nowadays.

I'd feel better about this game if I felt better about our performance in weeks 1 and 2.

I understand why we are favored and think we should win. But the offensive performance in week 1 and defensive performance in week 2 were not particularly good.

This. That man coverage won't go as well as it did when they were playing Jax St. I still think we win, but it definitely won't be a cake walk.

Not to mention not filling gaps in the run game that any FSU RB would have taken advantage of for a 30 yard gain.

FSU OL trashed the ND DL. Is our DL better than ND's ?

And Navy has probably attempted what 10 or 15 passes through 2 games? Their O-line is not exactly made up of guys asked to be great at pass-blocking.

And Navy has probably attempted what 10 or 15 passes through 2 games? Their O-line is not exactly made up of guys asked to be great at pass-blocking.

FWIW, Navy's athletic director, not the head coach, fired the Navy OC, Irvin Jasper, on Saturday immediately after Navy's 24-3 loss to Air Force. After a meeting between the AD (Chet Gladchuk) and the Navy HC (Ken Niumatalolo), on Monday, Navy rehired Jasper as the QB coach, but he remained demoted from the OC spot. Jasper has been on Niumatalolo's staff for more than decade. Really weird. Can't imagine Currie or any other AD firing an assistant coach without the consent of the HC.

Link: https://brobible.com/sports/article/navy-football-fires-rehires-coach-ivin-jasper/

FWIW, 2 years ago, Navy went 11-2.

Last edited:
I think the defense will shine in this game. Our run D was pretty bad when we played them last and they also had Akers who was a monster. Guessing we will see a lot of Greer blitzing and Luke dropping back in pass coverage.

I'll go 38-22, Deacs.

I'd feel better about this game if I felt better about our performance in weeks 1 and 2.

I understand why we are favored and think we should win. But the offensive performance in week 1 and defensive performance in week 2 were not particularly good.
We didn't have our starters in for large portions of these games.

FWIW, Navy's athletic director, not the head coach, fired the Navy OC, Irvin Jasper, on Saturday immediately after Navy's 24-3 loss to Air Force. After a meeting between the AD (Chet Gladchuk) and the Navy HC (Ken Niumatalolo), on Monday, Navy rehired Jasper as the QB coach, but he remained demoted from the OC spot. Jasper has been on Niumatalolo's staff for more than decade. Really weird. Can't imagine Currie or any other AD firing an assistant coach without the consent of the HC.

Link: https://brobible.com/sports/article/navy-football-fires-rehires-coach-ivin-jasper/

FWIW, 2 years ago, Navy went 11-2.

probably sick and tired of watching the triple option

He probably shouldn't be on the depth chart when healthy.

Can you be that stupid?

Last year, Anderson only led the team in solo tackles and interceptions. 2nd in passes defended as a true fresh. If he wasn’t a white former walk-on no chance that Anderson would be doubted based on his production and age.

Last edited:
You must not have watched any games outside of the V Tech anomaly. I'm not going to rip the kid so I will leave it at that. Maybe he got much better over the summer.

Back