• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State at Wake Forest, 3:30 Saturday on ESPN

Saying he shouldn't be on the depth chart is hardly "ripping" him. He has gapping limitations to his game. You're free to disagree but being a straight up asshole doesn't support your case. Agree to disagree.

*"gaping"

Where should you be on the depth chart of posters? If you can't even spell correctly, what kind of hot takes are you going to make?

Apologize if this is Haas, but the ESPN crew working the FSU/WF game on Saturday is:

Play-by-Play: Mark Jones

Analyst: Robert Griffin III

Reporter: Quint Kessenich

RGIII will be returning to Groves after leading Baylor to win at WF in 2009.

RGIII did the Georgia game Saturday and he was terrible.

*"gaping"

Where should you be on the depth chart of posters? If you can't even spell correctly, what kind of hot takes are you going to make?

It's Stan Gable, he got his girlfriend stolen by a nerd, what do you expect?

I don't know. My opinions about him are solely based upon one post.

Crouch-Revenge-of-the-Nerds.jpg

Lulz - So the offense should be wholly responsible now for scoring points and controlling time of possession because the defense can't get stops?

So why are we wasting resources on a defensive coaching staff or even recruiting defensive players?

Our offensive yards per play last year was 82nd. I know that you are one of the people who overrates our offense and underrates our defense due to high scores when a lot of that was due to the number of plays that are in our games.

Our defense did do it its job by holding an elite offense to 24 points late in the 3rd quarter. If the offense had been able to maintain some possession and burn some clock that would have been enough to win the game

Because he’s a top tier veteran ESPN play by play guy. I also typically associate him with doing NBA games with Doris Burke.

Today it was announced that this is the ESPN 4K production this Saturday. Looking forward to the game, but my best bud is an FSU grad, so I'll be pulling against Wake on the 88" 4K projection setup before my Pack has a "too close for comfort" matchup against Furman.

We could lose.

I'm serious.

If you are telling the Wake board that you are pulling against them for F$U then you deserve to lose... badly.

Our offensive yards per play last year was 82nd. I know that you are one of the people who overrates our offense and underrates our defense due to high scores when a lot of that was due to the number of plays that are in our games.

Our defense did do it its job by holding an elite offense to 24 points late in the 3rd quarter. If the offense had been able to maintain some possession and burn some clock that would have been enough to win the game

It's almost like there's a reason advanced statistics hate Wake's offense year after year.

Sorry Conor. At least I remembered what you wrote. 😀

It is appreciated!

Just a pre-emptive strike for others: Wake doesn't have a Cam Serigne on the roster. They don't even have a Jack Freudenthal. Stop asking for TE targets!

Today it was announced that this is the ESPN 4K production this Saturday. Looking forward to the game, but my best bud is an FSU grad, so I'll be pulling against Wake on the 88" 4K projection setup before my Pack has a "too close for comfort" matchup against Furman.

We could lose.

I'm serious.

Go Paladins! A Wake win and an NCST loss would make it a great Saturday.

If we had kept UNC to a reasonable number of possessions in that game we would probably held them into the thirties and everybody would have been talking about our opportunistic defense.

Yeah, Hartman was more a problem than Andersen in that game. Not that Andersen played great.

Yeah, Hartman was more a problem than Andersen in that game. Not that Andersen played great.

No, if I recall correctly, there were several beautifully thrown balls by Hartman that our receivers simply dropped which would have resulted in extended drives and likely a different outcome. Hartman was not the issue.

The issue in the UNC game was continuing to run a hurry-up offense when we were up 21 points. When your offense doesn't convert, it plays right into the opposing team's hand.

The year is 2023. Wake Forest's bowl streak still lives. Sam Hartman is a 6th-year senior approaching every ACC passing record imaginable.

The cause of the loss at UNC in 2020 is still being debated.

(fwiw, you can say the offense and defense both sucked for the last 20 minutes of that game and move on)

Back