• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State at Wake Forest, 3:30 Saturday on ESPN

No, if I recall correctly, there were several beautifully thrown balls by Hartman that our receivers simply dropped which would have resulted in extended drives and likely a different outcome. Hartman was not the issue.

You may be correct. I know there was one bad drop by Groulx. My recollection though is that Hartman was sailing balls over the heads of a number of open receivers.

No, if I recall correctly, there were several beautifully thrown balls by Hartman that our receivers simply dropped which would have resulted in extended drives and likely a different outcome. Hartman was not the issue.

Sam there several perfect balls that were dropped and you could tell he was very frustrated by it. Definite change in body language and then he started making a bunch of bad passes.

Same thing happened in the bowl game.

The year is 2023. Wake Forest's bowl streak still lives. Sam Hartman is a 6th-year senior approaching every ACC passing record imaginable.

The cause of the loss at UNC in 2020 is still being debated.

(fwiw, you can say the offense and defense both sucked for the last 20 minutes of that game and move on)

This is all probably true. Still, it's not unusual to debate how we lost to our arch rival when we were up by 21 points with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Last season. I think we'll probably all get over it with a win in Chapel Hill this season. I plan to be in attendance. If you're there Conor, I'll be happy to buy you a beer or two at the half and we can discuss the hurry up offense fiasco of that game in greater detail.

I can't help it, gang, but I'm worried as hell about Saturday's game. Is that just my LOWF mentality manifesting itself?

I can't help it, gang, but I'm worried as hell about Saturday's game. Is that just my LOWF mentality manifesting itself?

No, it's a tough spot for Wake and we aren't quite as good as some on here would have you believe. And the stakes are totally huge for FSU. Will take a superlative effort to win.

Saw on Instagram that they are doing a student tailgate with free food trucks and a DJ. Definitely making a priority of student engagement.

No, it's a tough spot for Wake and we aren't quite as good as some on here would have you believe. And the stakes are totally huge for FSU. Will take a superlative effort to win.

WTF!? We're two games into the season ... two games against uninspiring opponents (for fans AND the players on the field) and you make this "we aren't as good as some on here would have you believe" statement? If we blow it, in a very bad way, against what is not really a good FSU team then you can start to make that comment, but until then .. STFU and think the best. I really don't understand why some of you are even remotely claiming to be Wake "fans".

GO DEACS!!!

Saw on Instagram that they are doing a student tailgate with free food trucks and a DJ. Definitely making a priority of student engagement.

It's refreshing to see an AD reaching out and making every effort to engage students and the community. Totally opposite approach from the Wellman regime.

WTF!? We're two games into the season ... two games against uninspiring opponents (for fans AND the players on the field) and you make this "we aren't as good as some on here would have you believe" statement? If we blow it, in a very bad way, against what is not really a good FSU team then you can start to make that comment, but until then .. STFU and think the best. I really don't understand why some of you are even remotely claiming to be Wake "fans".

GO DEACS!!!

Yep. We have done exactly what we needed to do in the first 2 games- we won easily, got a lot of players involved, shook off some rust. Now we get to the heart of the schedule and will see how good we are and maybe how good we can be.

The year is 2023. Wake Forest's bowl streak still lives. Sam Hartman is a 6th-year senior approaching every ACC passing record imaginable.

(fwiw, you can say the offense and defense both sucked for the last 20 minutes of that game and move on)

clearly WF lost that game because Clawson was holding back his super-secret schemes and trick plays for the 2021 game vs. FSU

GO DEACS!!!

Since 1957 I have been a fan. Have seen it ALL and am still a Deac. I doubt you would still be.

Add kegs, and you will have great student turnout!

GO DEACS!!!

Lighten up, Francis.

Amen brother...

Same here. Lots of rust in the first 2 games for the Deacs. FSU will come out fired up (they have to or Norvell is gone), but if we punch them in the mouth early and I think they will lay down. If we make stupid mistakes / let them take an early lead and we are in for a dogfight. Time will tell.

Great - So how many points are you giving and what is the wager?

LOL. So true. But this is what Wake fans do.

We still lament the decision to go for a FG and go up 22-3 at home against Clemson...then Gaines Adams happened...or

When the ball bounced off of Songaila's butt at UNC...or

Duhon's floater...or

The UVA game...or

Navy FB in 2009 at home, what a disaster...or

The FB game at Navy where they clearly should have delayed the game...awful rain stopped...we started dominating - too late!

That said - never ok to lose to Mack Brown. What an OLD sleazeball, charlatan.

Back