• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State at Wake Forest, 3:30 Saturday on ESPN

LOL. So true. But this is what Wake fans do.

We still lament the decision to go for a FG and go up 22-3 at home against Clemson...then Gaines Adams happened...or

When the ball bounced off of Songaila's butt at UNC...or

Duhon's floater...or

The UVA game...or

Navy FB in 2009 at home, what a disaster...or

The FB game at Navy where they clearly should have delayed the game...awful rain stopped...we started dominating - too late!

That said - never ok to lose to Mack Brown. What an OLD sleazeball, charlatan.

Still winning the ACC title that year and Gaines Adams tragic death (almost glad he had that moment, hate it was against us) made that one much easier to swallow in hindsight, at least for me.

If FSU had beaten ND and just knocked down that last pass against Jax State, they'd be ranked in the top 15.....and this game outside of Wake fans and hard-core ACC followers would have minimal interest. But given their collapse last week, in a weird way this game is now getting national attention for how FSU will react. There will be a lot of eyeballs on or at least score-scrolling for this game; Deacs need to step up and seize the moment.

FSU is 2-12 over their last 14 road games. The two wins: over L'ville when the entire team had quit on Petrino and over BC when Steve Addazio was on his way out of town. If WF's football program is truly in the "good to great" mode, the Deacs win decisively.

That youtube video that Mack posted (thanks Mack!), apparently produced by someone affiliated with FSU, was really interesting. I'm no football expert, so some of the diagrams made clear to me things I hadn't understood before. And the analysis of our offense seemed accurate and made some points I hadn't considered, including the possibility that the RPO sometimes has the effect of freezing the linebackers at the line of scrimmage, opening up easy completions over the middle. Anyway, I found it informative and think it will help me enjoy the game a bit more. I would recommend giving it a look. Only about 5 minutes long.

The video is very good.

Interesting how WF's opponents respect and appreciate the difficulties created by the WF offense, while there seems to be a growing disrespect for the same offense by the fanbase.

The video is very good.

Interesting how WF's opponents respect and appreciate the difficulties created by the WF offense, while there seems to be a growing disrespect for the same offense by the fanbase.

Could be a component of LOWF? Difficult to give credit when due if you're a part of the legendary "Deacon blues" according to Steely Dan. I don't buy their disavowal of the reference.

At 3:30 p. m., 9.18.2021, Deacon blues meets desitny.

Could be a component of LOWF? Difficult to give credit when due if you're a part of the legendary "Deacon blues" according to Steely Dan. I don't buy their disavowal of the reference.

At 3:30 p. m., 9.18.2021, Deacon blues meets desitny.

Their disavowal is strengthened by the calendar. The song was written in 1976 and released in 1977. The Wake victory over Auburn was October 27, 1979.

For the record donald fagen claims that isn't a wfu reference.

WF's opponents just simply do not appreciate or understand the advanced metrics which prove the offense isn't very good despite scoring points at a historic clip and setting school records.

The video is very good.

WF's opponents just simply do not appreciate or understand the advanced metrics which prove the offense isn't very good despite scoring points at a historic clip and setting school records.

here's another youtube video that seems applicable here

For the record donald fagen claims that isn't a wfu reference.

Hence, the reason for the above reference about not buying his disavowal of the reference. Personally, I wish that song was played frequently at football games, and the Deacs adopt it as a slogan of sorts. No other school is referenced in popular lyrics in the same breath as the mighty Crimson Tide except the Deacons.

If good to great is anything but a hollow slogan, we have to beat FSU and not just barely. Otherwise it is just another Wake team that got preseason hype and did not produce

FSU is 2-12 over their last 14 road games. The two wins: over L'ville when the entire team had quit on Petrino and over BC when Steve Addazio was on his way out of town. If WF's football program is truly in the "good to great" mode, the Deacs win decisively.

Yep

Random question, what’s the highest wake football has been ranked in the AP poll?

Back