• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State at Wake Forest, 3:30 Saturday on ESPN

You already ripped “ the kid” saying “ he shouldn’t be on the depth chart “ when he was a leader on the defense as a true fresh.

Clueless take. Clawson doesn’t do charity cases. Anderson worked his way up the depth chart against every imaginable bias. So typical, for a flippant clueless fan to assume that he doesn’t belong. Anderson can play.

Saying he shouldn't be on the depth chart is hardly "ripping" him. He has gapping limitations to his game. You're free to disagree but being a straight up asshole doesn't support your case. Agree to disagree.

He probably shouldn't be on the depth chart when healthy.

Really poor take.

He got exposed by NFL guys in the UNC game, but he was one of the only healthy defensive backs for that one. Nick held his own just about all season. He has a nose for the ball, high IQ, hard hitter, and absolutely belongs on our depth chart.

Anderson led the team in solo tackles in 2020. How can that be attributed to one fluky game?

UNC had a top 5 offense last year. Every defense struggled to stop them. It’s just such a typical uninformed take to claim that Anderson doesn’t belong on the depth chart despite his play last year. No chance that if any scholarship DB put those numbers as a true frosh that anyone would be arguing that he doesn’t belong on the field in 2021.

I'm guessing Anderson has improved from his freshman to sophomore year. I look forward to seeing it on the field.

Yeah. I've heard that it may be.

Probably won't know for sure until well into the season. If we win (please, God) and FSU continues to lay egg after egg for the rest of the year, it may turn out not to be. I think UVa is the tougher opponent, right now.

If we had kept UNC to a reasonable number of possessions in that game we would probably held them into the thirties and everybody would have been talking about our opportunistic defense.

I'm guessing Anderson has improved from his freshman to sophomore year. I look forward to seeing it on the field.

Regarding improvement, Clawson was quoted last month as something like this……..I was in the locker room and Nick walked by without his shirt on. I didn’t recognize him. Last year, his body looked like a high school kid. He’s really worked hard and transform his body. He’s jacked.

Les could probably give us the exact words. Bottom line is that Clawson is impressed with Andersen.

Regarding improvement, Clawson was quoted last month as something like this……..I was in the locker room and Nick walked by without his shirt on. I didn’t recognize him. Last year, his body looked like a high school kid. He’s really worked hard and transform his body. He’s jacked.

Les could probably give us the exact words. Bottom line is that Clawson is impressed with Andersen.

Yep, it truly is amazing the transformation he's made!
pe6e81bjqo4z.jpg

FSU can't pass block. UAB threw for 400 yards against Jacksonville. Their plan is going to be run the ball. It's all they have.

Don't confuse me with Les ... but that was Hemphill, not Clawson.

Apologize if this is Haas, but the ESPN crew working the FSU/WF game on Saturday is:

Play-by-Play: Mark Jones

Analyst: Robert Griffin III

Reporter: Quint Kessenich

RGIII will be returning to Groves after leading Baylor to win at WF in 2009.

Mark Jones doing a Wake game will be surreal.

FSU can't pass block. UAB threw for 400 yards against Jacksonville. Their plan is going to be run the ball. It's all they have.

But will Hemphill make the adjustments needed to stack the box and dare FSU to throw the ball?

That's the key question.

If we had kept UNC to a reasonable number of possessions in that game we would probably held them into the thirties and everybody would have been talking about our opportunistic defense.

Lulz - So the offense should be wholly responsible now for scoring points and controlling time of possession because the defense can't get stops?

So why are we wasting resources on a defensive coaching staff or even recruiting defensive players?

Back