• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.

$145 every two weeks; a boomer couple; i don't know how long they take but they do an excellent job

how much do you guys pay for cleaning?

I pay $80/visit and it takes her about 2 hours

We pay 50 dollars and it's the same sweet old retired lady that raises my 3yo and she'd probably do it for free if we didn't insist on paying her.

Ours is $110 but soon to increase to $130. Thanks Biden!

Cost of living question, how much does a decent meal out with drinks cost you people?

Cost of living question, how much does a decent meal out with drinks cost you people?

Oh god, I love going out to eat. Usually plan on $100/person for me and the wife when we go out.

We pay $150 per visit bi-weekly for a husband and wife. They’re very nice.

I’m listening to the Rewatchables episode about Fight Club from earlier this summer and they brought up the line, “We work jobs we hate to buy shit we don’t need” and that hits differently at 37 than it did 18.

how does one find a cleaning person these days? word of mouth?

my family had the same one growing up from when we moved to town in 85 to when my mom moved out of the house in like 2016.

LOL, A Lot, but it gets jacked up depending on how expensive of a bottle of wine we go with, plus Uber. If it's one bottle of decent wine and a reasonably priced Uber trip, we're at about $300.

Luckily we don't have to pay babysitters anymore.

Last edited:
how does one find a cleaning person these days? word of mouth?

my family had the same one growing up from when we moved to town in 85 to when my mom moved out of the house in like 2016.

Ask your neighbors.

Was thinking today if I could choose to have never done fine dining and just invested the cash would I go back and do that ? I enjoy it when I do it but it has little value looking back. Here was last nights takeout

0329cc9f6a6978b8749d25888225029f.png

CT Redux: ITC takes a stand against numbers.

so far just the general courses: public speaking, interpersonal comm, and this semester i'm teaching mass comm/media

That’s good stuff. I wish I had taken more comm classes at Wake. I took interpersonal and enjoyed it. I worked with a comm prof on a few grant proposals. If I had more time, I’d work with a mass comm prof I know who specializes in sport media.

how much do you guys pay for cleaning?

I pay $80/visit and it takes her about 2 hours

$180 once a month. It takes about 3 hours.

Last edited:
That's not a weekly occurrence, the wife had a bad day at work and had been cooking in 5-6x/week. But we do probably go out for Sushi 2-3x/month and it's in the $200-300 range. Just sit at the bar and order a couple orders of tuna/salmon/yellowtail belly and double fist some Sake and Sapporo. Easily my biggest indulgence.

the idea of paying that type of money on takeout is crazy to me

I'd pay it in a restaurant in a heartbeat though

separately, isn't Grubhub (or DoorDash or Uber Eats or whomever) not only taking that ridiculous "service" fee but also a cut of the cost of the food? or did they add the service fee after they got exposed during Covid for taking such a big percentage from these small businesses

the Pit is a flat circle, but these delivery apps cannot last at those markups

We pay $150 per visit bi-weekly for a husband and wife. They’re very nice.

I’m listening to the Rewatchables episode about Fight Club from earlier this summer and they brought up the line, “We work jobs we hate to buy shit we don’t need” and that hits differently at 37 than it did 18.

I pay 150 for a Latina lady that cleans the fuck out of my house. Worth it.

My wife tells me we paid $200 today, which seems steep. But she was here for 4.5 hours, working non-stop, so I guess that's reasonable? Hadn't been deep cleaned since April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back