• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made it through the whole MLB season and didn't watch more than a couple of innings for six months. So I watched the Sox-Yankees game a couple of nights ago and only fell asleep three times and now I'm all in for the playoffs and Yankees SUCK !

I seriously feel like I didn't miss a thing.

I try to work in at least one Omar Little quote per week in each of my classes. I just told one of my students who wouldn't put up his cell phone after the first time I asked "Boy, you got me confused with a man who repeats himself". I don't think I have the natural intimidation factor to pull it off though.

you must swear legally swear that you will not kill that shark

or whatever it is

if it actually exists

pretty lowbrow stuff but still great parings:

"Immigrant song" in the scene on the bridge in Ragnarok when Thor is fully powered up. They nerfed themselves a bit b/c they used it earlier in the movie but fucking great nonetheless.
"Danke Schoen/Twist & Shout" in Bueller
“Don’t You (Forget About Me)” - at the end of Breakfast club
"Bohemian Rhapsody" - waynes world
"Atlantis" - Goodfellas
"Come & Get Your Love" - Guardians of the Galaxy
"Banana Boat Song" - Beetlejuice
"Freebird" - Kingsmen

Going to the games and getting wasted is pretty fun.

for sure, a day at the ballpark is a great time.

but there's no way the infrastructure for the MLB as it exists could arise again if it was a niche sport prior to the 2000s (like soccer)

Wolodarsky, go get the keys to that fishing boat, and throw them in the water. No, wait. They might have another set. Just blow it up.

PS do you ever wish you could breathe under watah

i saw seu jorge in philly play the bowie songs from the life aquatic soundtrack at union transfer, that was such a great set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back