• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
The r Kelly situation makes my job a little bit easier. Sometimes my CP guys want to go to trial. Now I'm going to be able to say, " if R Kelly's lawyers can't beat a federal CP charge, what makes you think I can?"

The r Kelly situation makes my job a little bit easier. Sometimes my CP guys want to go to trial. Now I'm going to be able to say, " if R Kelly's lawyers can't beat a federal CP charge, what makes you think I can?"

Sounds like you need to start believing that you can fly. You could be the world’s greatest.

I think I’ve probably told you this before, but man your job just doesn’t sound like a lot of fun.

I think I’ve probably told you this before, but man your job just doesn’t sound like a lot of fun.

If I ever won mega millions I’d take a significant portion and set up a private practice that provided public defender services.

I’d say I’d just take an entry level job at a PD office but I don’t think they’d take me seriously without that financial commitment.

5d1206df07ce1566718fd5629f2b38e1.jpg

Yeah, I'm pretty good on hot takes right now. I also have pretty minimal patience these days for selfish/asshole comments that are supposed to be 'funny' or part of someone's shtick. I like to think it's a shtick because I don't like to believe any one person could be so selfish about so many things.

or just if you're going to spend time on a sports message board learn to take a joke? good lord

They're all guilty though, right ?

So far, I've had one innocent client. Stressful as a motherfucker. (Just like your mom, I got her off - and if the ABA is reading this, by that I mean she was not convicted of a criminal offense).

State level is totally different. Innocent people get caught up in that mess all the time.

Federal prosecutions are hand-picked by a (at least semi) competent Assistant United States Attorney. Typically, they are picking 100% soft balls. E.g. felon has a gun hanging out of his pants when police approach on a routine stop; or dumbass drug dealer has 5 pounds of meth sitting in plain view in his lap when cops walk up; or tweaker/dealer sells drugs 10 times to a confidential informant on 4K video.

If I ever won mega millions I’d take a significant portion and set up a private practice that provided public defender services.

I’d say I’d just take an entry level job at a PD office but I don’t think they’d take me seriously without that financial commitment.
what’s the draw to public defense for you?

I gotta buy a lottery ticket. We doing this discussion again?

My biggest concern would be whether to hire private tutors for my kids so it wouldn't impede my travel plans or keep them in public schools so they wouldn't turn out to be shitty people.

I gotta buy a lottery ticket. We doing this discussion again?

My biggest concern would be whether to hire private tutors for my kids so it wouldn't impede my travel plans or keep them in public schools so they wouldn't turn out to be shitty people.

Au Pair to travel with you and homeschool dem.

what’s the draw to public defense for you?

In my humble opinion, practicing criminal defense is as close as the law gets to "actually doing something productive."

Huge swaths of law fields are in the "I've practiced for 60 years and, 10 years after I die, there won't be a single thing that evidences that I ever existed."

Even for patent law, I was just so bummed out about the actual practice of it. I went into it thinking, "I'm going to facilitate the captains of industry." No. Dear god no. That practice is some of the least meaningful work that I've ever done.

Like, no shame on the people who do it - you've just got to be comfortable knowing that less than a generation after you die, nothing you've done will have mattered.

For me, even criminal law isn't enough. I still have to build a house every now and then to abate the void.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back