• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I charged $5/hour to babysit around the neighborhood in the late 90s/early 2000s

A half acre lawn mow for a neighbor I would get $15-20, I think

paying someone to do a deep clean of yr house is one thing

i don't understand laundry - takes a total of like 30 mins max a week

i mean that's fair i guess

i'm one of five and we did our own laundry as soon as we were old enough to do chores

just going off personal experience

I cook basically every day except lately we’ve been splurging getting qdoba on the evening of soccer practice because we have a stupid cheap coupon that keeps returning. When you have two little kids it’s not like we can eat out on the regular even before the pandemic. You should learn to cook palma, it’s easy.

I cook basically every day except lately we’ve been splurging getting qdoba on the evening of soccer practice because we have a stupid cheap coupon that keeps returning. When you have two little kids it’s not like we can eat out on the regular even before the pandemic. You should learn to cook palma, it’s easy.

One of the last times I tried I almost burned down my 12 unit apartment complex with a grease fire that took 4 extinguishers to put out. Was probably 15 seconds away (and/or it re-lighting one more time as we ran out of fire extinguishers) from the whole place going up during chicken cutlet night at the palmab03 household. I'll pass.

We’ve gotten take out maybe 8-10 times. It’s just not something we do. I’d be fine with it since I generally cook dinner.

What does the laundry person do in the 30-50 minutes the clothes are washing and drying?

We get takeout because delivery doesn't really hit out where we live. Until earlier this year you could get Pizza Hut and Papa John's but they either have like 2-hour windows or no delivery available due to lack of drivers.

We’ve gotten take out maybe 8-10 times. It’s just not something we do. I’d be fine with it since I generally cook dinner.

What does the laundry person do in the 30-50 minutes the clothes are washing and drying?

Peruse the hot chicks thread?

anything but think about laundry

y'all must have super high powered washers & dryers. to wash & dry a load of laundry takes at least 90 min, likely more. I rent & have old machines, though.

the best is just dropping your laundry off at a wash & fold place on your way to work and picking it up on the way home. on half price days i would pay $10 so that was the only day i would go. this was when I had to use community machines & pay per wash & dry.

y'all must have super high powered washers & dryers. to wash & dry a load of laundry takes at least 90 min, likely more. I rent & have old machines, though.

the best is just dropping your laundry off at a wash & fold place on your way to work and picking it up on the way home. on half price days i would pay $10 so that was the only day i would go. this was when I had to use community machines & pay per wash & dry.

oh i meant like 30 mins total to put clothes in, move, remove and fold

not counting the wash/dry time since you can do other things while that's going on

We get take out a couple of times a week. I leave the house around 7:00 and get home around 7:00.

We also have an 8 week old and a 3 year old. So between the two of them there are plenty of chores to be done that prevent cooking.

Tonight I thought about dropping our laundry off to be done.

I’m trying to think what you’d have to pay me to be gone from the house 7-7 every weekday.

It’d be a lot

I should say that when I'm with my s.o. in Austin we get delivery bc she often prefers the convenience. So it's not like I never eat delivery food. Just don't do it myself, probably because I'm cheap.

Before the pandemic and when I was living the plama no-car lifestyle I'd just go out to eat or get takeout on my bicycle. Had some hilarious spills (both food and cyclist) that way.

CT Redux: Cav works hard for the money

Lots to catch up on here…

We get take out about 2x per week and cook the rest of the time.

Cleaning lady is $70 every other week; sometimes she brings help, sometimes she’s alone but the price stays the same.

Wish laundry service was a little bit less expensive because I would gladly outsource that chore.

I live on a small lot (6500 sq feet) so the landscaping/lawn work is only about 30 minutes per week. Can be less if I don’t use the weed-eater.

Babysitters are running $20/hr right now (2 kids) and we’re mostly using them for concerts these days so it’s usually 4-5 hours at a time.

Last edited:

Strips sheets, folds, hangs. My wife typically has a load finished in the dryer and one going in the washer when the laundry person gets here. I don't know really. I'm not involved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back