• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do you know if they will be comfortable? that's my biggest annoyance

i have gotten a couple of good pairs from the banana republic outlet for $20. now that i can afford something better i suppose i could step up, but I like the ones i have gotten from BR

Goodrs are fine, although you get what you pay for quality wise as they’re $25 polarized. I’ll def buy another pair when one of mine walks off.

Bad: my first pair the lens layers started separating and sweat/dirt started getting between them so now they’re kind of cruddy/cloudy in those spots.

Good: when I told customer service they shipped me another pair for free. So now I have a clean pair and a knock around beach/pool/run pair for the price of one. Also the rubberizing works well so they really do stay on your face when running and old man sweating like I do.

Meh: lens quality. my good pair of Smiths is practically prescription quality by comparison.

I used to be a huge pacers fan because of Reggie Miller, but now I’m pretty much a bandwagon of whatever player I like.

Do you still carry around his trading card in your wallet?

"NICE REGGIE MILLER TRADING CARD!!! NOW GET OUTTA HERE YA DWEEB!"

<cries as he runs all the way home>

must be tough for a Reggie Miller fan to watch him be a total goober as an analyst (and Wendy's commercial actor)

Goodrs are fine, although you get what you pay for quality wise as they’re $25 polarized. I’ll def buy another pair when one of mine walks off.

Bad: my first pair the lens layers started separating and sweat/dirt started getting between them so now they’re kind of cruddy/cloudy in those spots.

Good: when I told customer service they shipped me another pair for free. So now I have a clean pair and a knock around beach/pool/run pair for the price of one. Also the rubberizing works well so they really do stay on your face when running and old man sweating like I do.

Meh: lens quality. my good pair of Smiths is practically prescription quality by comparison.

good to know. don't need them to be the best quality since i have prescription sunglasses for everyday use, just something to stay on my face when running so i don't squint the whole time.

Whoa whoa whoa, the Hobbit was great when I read it in the 6th grade.

I read it in 6th grade as well. My problem with my one read through of the books is you could cut half the word count and it would not change the story. 25% is a travel log of greenery and fresh air. 25% is about food and long bottom leaf.

I read it in 6th grade as well. My problem with my one read through of the books is you could cut half the word count and it would not change the story. 25% is a travel log of greenery and fresh air. 25% is about food and long bottom leaf.

i mean, you could but that's his style. LotR is the same but just not written in a style that mimics verbal-storytelling.

the hobbit is a book for kids

why would you cut the word count of a book for kids

then you gotta find a new book to read to yr kids sooner

tolkien doing u a favor here

All of this. They work fine for $25, and I like the 'fashion' aspect of being able to have more fun colors. Plus I got my kid a matching pair from RoShamBo (highly recommend for kids sunglasses) and it's a highlight of my days to have matching pink sunnies with green lenses.
...but yeah, they hold no candles to my nicer Smith glasses.

I used to not, and at some point in the last 10 years or so I got weak/realized they're really important for keeping crap out of your eyes when cycling.
When I'm just casually around I very rarely wear them, even when I'm driving (unless it's a long stretch of really open road). I struggle to adjust to big light changes/dappling of shadows and sunglasses make it way worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back