• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty much over this whole merlefest thing at this point.

Here’s a serious first world problem: the last two days we have ordered takeout breakfast from First Watch. Both days the estimated time was off by over 30 minutes. Took an hour and ten minutes yesterday and 90 minutes today.

CT CCXLVI: The Reign continues!!! What's the best Pitbull ft. Marc Anthony song?

I’m pretty much over this whole merlefest thing at this point.

I went to over a dozen three days music festivals in my 20s and I don’t think I could do more than a day now. Maybe two if the lineup was ridiculous.

I can still taste the hard ciders I would drink on the last day because I couldn’t look at a Miller or Bud Light after crushing those for the first two days

Merlefest is a dry festival, so it's pretty easy to get through a full weekend (especially with all the olds and the general practice of just setting up a chair and hanging out and yelling at people that god forbid stand up and dance during the music)

Merlefest is a dry festival, so it's pretty easy to get through a full weekend (especially with all the olds and the general practice of just setting up a chair and hanging out and yelling at people that god forbid stand up and dance during the music)

A dry festival? That ain't for me.

My dog just faked peeing so that we would turn around and come home to get his "last walk of the day" treat.

A dry festival? That ain't for me.

Lol it's a different speed for sure. Kinda nice though to just focus on the music (and get hammered at night instead). I went a bunch in college with my dad and his friends and we'd always just be so hungover on Saturday/Sunday that we wouldn't want a drink until we got back home.

Here’s a serious first world problem: the last two days we have ordered takeout breakfast from First Watch. Both days the estimated time was off by over 30 minutes. Took an hour and ten minutes yesterday and 90 minutes today.

I can't get behind first watch. Couple of bad experiences early on

Wait people get yelled at if they dance? That’s a double whammy - dry & no dancing seems not fun.

I just finished the series finale of Brooklyn 99 & now I am sad that it is over.

I can't get behind first watch. Couple of bad experiences early on

My thing with any place like that is I just want the All American breakfast. Eggs, Bacon, Toast, and Potatoes or Grits.

I can get that for $5.99 at a diner. Or pay $15 for an inferior version. Unless you’re getting one of their unique dishes (and even then) it’s a rip off.

That being said, I dig their Market Hash and the Kale Tonic.

Why would you go anywhere to get the easy breakfast you can make at home? You go to First Watch to get the fancy breakfast.

Wait people get yelled at if they dance? That’s a double whammy - dry & no dancing seems not fun.

It's pretty dependent on the stage, but yeah. On the main stage especially olds expect they can just sit in their chairs in the back and get an unobstructed view.

Sometimes artists have enough of a following that ppl just ignore it and if you get critical mass you're good (Avett Bros etc.)

The music is great though and the atmosphere is pretty laid back overall, so on the whole I think it's usually worth it (though I haven't been in 5 years). Definitely leans towards more family friendly which is a plus now that I have an almost 2 yr old.

I’m at a lego store and holy shit they’ve licensed everything now. And there was easily like 50 sets I could buy in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back