• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody here have a hookup for getting an authentic kilt. Considered getting one on my last trip to Edinburgh, now kinda need one.

Got a couple of black tie / kilt events coming up and my tux has seen better days. I should probably just get a new tux but, considering I'll only live once, I really want the kilt.

what kind of events are these?

Eyes-Wide-Shut-2.jpg

Which leads to my next conundrum regarding the kilt, which is which tartan should I use. The Clan has a modern tartan, an ancient tartan, a hunting tartan, and was instrumental in the Black Watch.

Very difficult decision, but very important.

I remember walking by some store in Edinburgh that apparently sold a lot of kilts to stars and there was a pic of Vin Diesel in a black leather one. You should go with that.

probably best to remember that kilts are fake history appropriated by the British to inflame martial pride for Scottish military units but then re-appropriated by the Scots as a symbol of national pride

probably best to remember that kilts are fake history appropriated by the British to inflame martial pride for Scottish military units but then re-appropriated by the Scots as a symbol of national pride

Thanks for your help. Lucky for me, I'm approximately as much English as I am Scotx so I can point that out.

The Scots are British, I think you mean appropriated by the English.

I've never been invited to a black kilt wedding

I did get a last-minute fill-in invite once to a wedding that is the only wedding I have been to where kilts were worn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back