• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at VIRGINIA 7 pm FRIDAY, ESPN2

Blount and Grant are both expected to play Friday.

Which is outrageous. This guy is a POS and should be serving a suspension, if our league ever decides to take itself seriously (spoiler: why start now?):

‘07 Swank miss
‘08 we got revenge, crushed them
‘12 forced a bunch of TOs
‘16 late comeback to launch us to a bowl (also the game I had a shitton of deacon bourbon in my car)
‘20 Walker show

How about ‘74 or ‘75 when we were up 50-0 at half, at UVA? And this was when we hardly ever won a game.

Gotta keep your head on a swivel out there.

Especially when you're lighting a mouthy defense up. Should be a big day for the Wake offense. Hopefully Wake DL can pressure their guy because he threw for 554 yards (the real number) on Saturday.

How about ‘74 or ‘75 when we were up 50-0 at half, at UVA? And this was when we hardly ever won a game.

Virginia used to be just awful in football, George Welsh came in and totally turned things around.

Especially when you're lighting a mouthy defense up. Should be a big day for the Wake offense. Hopefully Wake DL can pressure their guy because he threw for 554 yards (the real number) on Saturday.

I think Armstrong will put up some good numbers against us, but hopefully we can limit scoring and get a timely Int to 2. Friday will be a challenge, but I think our guys are ready for it.

I think Armstrong will put up some good numbers against us, but hopefully we can limit scoring and get a timely Int to 2. Friday will be a challenge, but I think our guys are ready for it.

Keytaon Thompson is a matchup problem. Billy Kemp IV is every annoying Patriots possession receiver crammed into the body of a single UVA student (and thus, somehow even more annoying).

Keytaon Thompson is a matchup problem. Billy Kemp IV is every annoying Patriots possession receiver crammed into the body of a single UVA student (and thus, somehow even more annoying).

Moran played that role nicely for us against the Noles (possession receiver part at least), hopefully that continues as well as AT being a beast and you know Roberson going to break out soon.

You really didn’t need any additional description beyond “Billy Kemp IV”

Very fired up for this one. Can’t wait to watch on Friday- GO DEACS!

Virginia used to be just awful in football, George Welsh came in and totally turned things around.

Didn't Terry Holland (former UVA AD) start running his mouth in some negative tone regarding Welsh or the football program and Welsh left shortly thereafter? Seem to recall there was some friction between the two.

Didn't Terry Holland (former UVA AD) start running his mouth in some negative tone regarding Welsh or the football program and Welsh left shortly thereafter? Seem to recall there was some friction between the two.

I don't remember that, but could very well be true. His Wiki page cites health concerns for his retirement. Heck of a coach, passed away in 2019.

Wake can win if we don't do dumb shit and kick the ball out of bounds on kickoffs and have tons of other penalties that put too much pressure on our D. We'll likely get beat over the top a few times, but I could easily see us having Luke in the rover and sending Greer off the edge on 3rd down situations. We didn't do enough of this against FSU, but we didn't need to either.

Wake dominates time of possession and scores at will on their D. Our D holds their own against UVA's O but gives up 17 points. I'm going Deacs big...54-17

Wake can win if we don't do dumb shit and kick the ball out of bounds on kickoffs and have tons of other penalties that put too much pressure on our D. We'll likely get beat over the top a few times, but I could easily see us having Luke in the rover and sending Greer off the edge on 3rd down situations. We didn't do enough of this against FSU, but we didn't need to either.

Wake dominates time of possession and scores at will on their D. Our D holds their own against UVA's O but gives up 17 points. I'm going Deacs big...54-17

Luke has found something he's actually *very* good at please let him stay there(they did essentially do this with Redd though multiple times)

Luke has found something he's actually *very* good at please let him stay there(they did essentially do this with Redd though multiple times)

Totally agree, just could see them doing it with Redd and Luke to disguise some blitzes.

Our D is finally showing what it’s capable of. Our secondary is much improved.

Need to bring a good run game and keep him off the field

Virginia reminds me of the Rusty Larue led Wake teams. Throw for 500 yards and lose with zero run stopping ability.

I remember being a student and UVA coming into groves as the number 1 ranked team in the country with Welsh as coach- he really was remarkable in how he turned that program around

Wake offense needs to do what they did against FSU. 50+ running plays. 250+ yards. 35+ minutes time of possession.

Back