• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at VIRGINIA 7 pm FRIDAY, ESPN2

I don't think we have showed our potential or played to it yet. Further we haven't showed new wrinkles added in the off season. Haven't had to. Our playbook is stacked. Good the media will focus on Bronco's million wrinkle offense. Our lines are superior to UVA. If we don't turn the ball over we win this game. Interesting to note on their board, about 30% pick Wake. They know their defense sucks.

I don't think we have showed our potential or played to it yet. Further we haven't showed new wrinkles added in the off season. Haven't had to. Our playbook is stacked. Good the media will focus on Bronco's million wrinkle offense. Our lines are superior to UVA. If we don't turn the ball over we win this game. Interesting to note on their board, about 30% pick Wake. They know their defense sucks.

I agree. The only "wrinkle " vs FSU was a few passes to tight ends. The rest of the offense was the long mesh RPO and Sam making good decisions. Enough QB runs to make FSU have to pay attention, but mostly letting the running backs run for 3-10 yards every time they got the ball. No really spectacular runs, just a steady sequence of good runs. It wears on a defense when they have to turn and chase the RB.

How can you navigate that terrible board. Worst in the conference by far.

Wake can win if we don't do dumb shit and kick the ball out of bounds on kickoffs and have tons of other penalties that put too much pressure on our D. We'll likely get beat over the top a few times, but I could easily see us having Luke in the rover and sending Greer off the edge on 3rd down situations. We didn't do enough of this against FSU, but we didn't need to either.

Wake dominates time of possession and scores at will on their D. Our D holds their own against UVA's O but gives up 17 points. I'm going Deacs big...54-17

Feel free to explain why Mora tees it up on the left hash and ALL of his penalty kicks out of bounds are to that left side.

Feel free to explain why Mora tees it up on the left hash and ALL of his penalty kicks out of bounds are to that left side.

Being a right footed kicker, most of his kicks are going to curve some to the left…..just like a right handed golfer that has a draw on his drive. He may be better off just teeing the ball in the center if he wants it to land left without going OB.

(I’m sure I’ll get comments about golfers that slice, but I don’t think many kickers slice).

That makes sense if he's aiming a little to the right. Clawson said on his radio show that Mora has a natural draw to his kicks, so lining up as far left as possible and aiming right would give him the most room. It's like in golf, if you're a right to left player, teeing from the left side of the tee gives you a little more room for your draw, especially if there trouble on the left side of that hole. Clawson also said that when Mora kicks it deep in that left corner, it's the hardest place for the return team to make a good return. Clawson said in golf terms Mora probably sometimes needs to just get the ball on the green instead of trying to hit it inside 3 feet every time.

Whatever Bronco is looking at, he's not going to get tomorrow. The ability of our staff to scheme a game plan is the least talked about asset the Clawson era has brought to Wake football.

But a lot of tomorrow will be us just lining up and doing what we do and for a number of drives they aren’t going to be able to stop us. They know what’s coming to a large degree - 90 offensive plays run down their throat - and after last weekend I’m sure they can’t be very excited about it.

But a lot of tomorrow will be us just lining up and doing what we do and for a number of drives they aren’t going to be able to stop us. They know what’s coming to a large degree - 90 offensive plays run down their throat - and after last weekend I’m sure they can’t be very excited about it.

And it could easily been 100 plays last week. Wake slowed way down in the fourth quarter, taking 35 second to snap, not 15.

As RGIII mentioned on the broadcast, the slow mesh RPO messes with the heads of linebackers and safeties, leaving them indecisive, or if they do something, making it "wrong " by changing the option. As long as the Wake O-line gives Sam time, UVA defense could be in for a rough time, just like FSU was.

Mendenhall explained. “That’s led to that kind of point production for that long really at a place that you don’t view like Clemson.”

From the Lee Enterprises newspaper of Lake Norman outside of Charlotte, Sam Hartman's home area.

http://mooresvilletribune.com/sport...deo_fea101c6-4d87-5112-91b1-15c4e720af46.html

https://mooresvilletribune.com/spor...deo_fea101c6-4d87-5112-91b1-15c4e720af46.html

Richmond sportscaster Matt Josephs, "HONESTLY I can say I don't know anything about Wake Forest. . . They've beat 3 bad teams at home in a row. . . Virginia takes care of business at home. . . I don't trust Wake Forest in their first true road game of the season. . . Their Defense is just okay. . . They really haven't been tested by any of their first 3 opponents ... Brennan Armstrong will change that. . . Virginia's Offense should be able to do anything they want to in this game."

From the Lee Enterprises newspaper of Lake Norman outside of Charlotte, Sam Hartman's home area.

http://mooresvilletribune.com/sport...deo_fea101c6-4d87-5112-91b1-15c4e720af46.html

https://mooresvilletribune.com/spor...deo_fea101c6-4d87-5112-91b1-15c4e720af46.html

Richmond sportscaster Matt Josephs, "HONESTLY I can say I don't know anything about Wake Forest. . . They've beat 3 bad teams at home in a row. . . Virginia takes care of business at home. . . I don't trust Wake Forest in their first true road game of the season. . . Their Defense is just okay. . . They really haven't been tested by any of their first 3 opponents ... Brennan Armstrong will change that. . . Virginia's Offense should be able to do anything they want to in this game."

Why would you care at all what anyone has to say when they start with: "HONESTLY I can say I don't know anything about Wake Forest"

I get that it's fun to feel disrespected, but there's really no reason to care at all about things like this. We're the smallest P5 school, which means that there's a lot less people out there that know our team well, leading to people making assumptions about the team without basis. Once/if we are ever a regularly top 25 ranked team statements like these would stop happening.

Doesn't say much for his dedication as a sportscaster is he knows nothing about a team in the same conference as the 2 premier schools in the state he covers.

Doesn't say much for his dedication as a sportscaster is he knows nothing about a team in the same conference as the 2 premier schools in the state he covers.

He’s say basically the same thing we’ve been saying. We haven’t beaten anybody yet. Of course all UVa has done is beaten Illinois.

He’s say basically the same thing we’ve been saying. We haven’t beaten anybody yet. Of course all UVa has done is beaten Illinois.

Well, we've beaten a conference and division foe, that's more than they've done so far.

I don't think our secondary is getting enough respect. This is going to be a tough game, but I think they'll make enough stops to win.

I don't think our secondary is getting enough respect. This is going to be a tough game, but I think they'll make enough stops to win.

The game will comedown to this (and the WF pass rush). UVA hasn't been able to run the ball, and the backs are banged up. OTOH, an argument could be made that UVA has had the most effective pass offense in the country to this point. Armstrong is 2nd in the nation in passing yards, 2nd in TDs, and UVA is averaging more than 10 yards per attempt. UVA has a very good (and big) set of receivers. Confident WF will score points. If the defense can limit (they aren't going to stop) UVA's pass offense, WF will win.

fwiw, nick andersen is on the two deep. worst case, i think getting zion keith off the field will be helpful.

I agree Pilchard. This would be a really good time for Jasheen Davis to announce himself in the ACC. He struggled against misdirection in the FSU game, but if he and our other DEs know the pass is coming, maybe they can have some more success.

Back