• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at VIRGINIA 7 pm FRIDAY, ESPN2

Definitely the thing I’m most concerned about is the early jitters that come from playing in a prime time road game with a relatively raucous crowd whose team tends to put up big offensive plays. That will certainly get a defense on its heels early if they aren’t careful. We will have to weather a couple of early waves of big play strikes without losing composure.

Clawson is the coach, not Manning, so therefore I'm not concerned. The most experienced/talented we have been in forever. Everyone just needs to chill. Wake is going to win ...

There's pretty much nothing lamer than the University of Virginia. Fuck 'em.

Definitely the thing I’m most concerned about is the early jitters that come from playing in a prime time road game with a relatively raucous crowd whose team tends to put up big offensive plays. That will certainly get a defense on its heels early if they aren’t careful. We will have to weather a couple of early waves of big play strikes without losing composure.

Are you confusing UVA with the other Virginia team? There is nothing raucous about these pretentious ass snobs.

Are you confusing UVA with the other Virginia team? There is nothing raucous about these pretentious ass snobs.

Figured I would get that response. It’s definitely not Blacksburg. But this is our first road game and Wahoo fans can hold their own when they want to. The Friday night factor just adds an extra dynamic.

I’m predicting a close win, BTW.

I think our guys can handle the extra loud claps from Chad and Muffy.

There's pretty much nothing lamer than the University of Virginia. Fuck 'em.

It pains me to say this, but that's a pretty cool place to a) go to school and b) watch a football game. I like the columns, on campus stadium and backdrop of the mountains. One could do worse. Been to NC State?

I will grant you that the people are a tough putt.

It pains me to say this, but that's a pretty cool place to a) go to school and b) watch a football game. I like the columns, on campus stadium and backdrop of the mountains. One could do worse. Been to NC State?

I will grant you that the people are a tough putt.

it's a beautiful setting, but the students and alums make it such a lame place. having married someone from Virginia we both know plenty of 'em.

The Lawn? The Grounds? Mr. Jefferson this and that? First year, fourth year. Fuck off.

Road games are always challenging but I definitely don’t expect an insane atmosphere. If anything, seems like Friday night games usually result in a lighter crowd at kickoff. We should definitely have enough experience across the board to not let intimidation be a factor.

Headed up tomorrow. Wish this was a Saturday game. Gonna be tough to get parked and inside by 7 on a Friday.

FWIW I was not overly impressed with Charlottesville and the UVA campus. If that's the vibe you're looking for, Chapel Hill is a lot better.

i think this is going to be a really good and fun game. our defense is going to have to bring their lunch boxes as they are going to be challenged, a lot. i do think we can move the ball though, so as many have mentioned above, the 4th quarter should be a doozy!

For once, I like the depth of the WFU defense. A ton of players have gotten playing time so far this year, and that should pay off late in the game!

FWIW I was not overly impressed with Charlottesville and the UVA campus. If that's the vibe you're looking for, Chapel Hill is a lot better.

Agree. UVA doesn’t have a Franklin St. The lawn, Rotunda, and Monticello are cool, but that’s it. It’s more like a trip back to 1776.

The mall area of C'ville has solid places to hangout.

mall-copy-1.jpeg

I agree that fans and critics are underestimating our defense. I think we're going to punch UVA in the face on both sides of the ball. If we don't have silly penalties and take care of the football, we should hang tough tomorrow night. Again, I think the Deacs win big and shock a lot of people.

I agree that fans and critics are underestimating our defense. I think we're going to punch UVA in the face on both sides of the ball. If we don't have silly penalties and take care of the football, we should hang tough tomorrow night. Again, I think the Deacs win big and shock a lot of people.

This will certainly be an excellent barometer for Clawson and his “good to great” mantra.

Agree. UVA doesn’t have a Franklin St. The lawn, Rotunda, and Monticello are cool, but that’s it. It’s more like a trip back to 1776.

The Corner + The Downtown Mall have plenty of good places to go.

What's so great about Franklin Street? It's no Athens...

Wake has an offense that can keep up. I don't think Wake really tried to score in the second half after the first drive that put Wake up by three touchdowns. If FSU had been scoring, I think Wake could have put up 50.

And, as noted, the Wake D is under rated. Wake has some serious experience on the D-line. 7th year Miles Fox, aka "Methuselah" and 6th years redshirt senior Sulaiman Kamaa, for example. I think they got over "big game" excitement in the first half against FSU. Cut out the penalties and just lay the wood to the UVA O-line and QB. The UVA QB won't be picking apart the Wake secondary like he did to u*NC if he is running for his life or flat on his back.

The Wake defensive backfield gets Nick "ball hawk" Andersen back playing. May he steal all their passes.

Back