• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at VIRGINIA 7 pm FRIDAY, ESPN2

Asked my DC rep this exact question and he said no. Doubt there will be many Wake fans there (or UVA fans for that matter).

Because it’s Friday?

UVA draws reasonably well

I can understand not going through the hassle of organizing a tailgate for a Friday at 7:00 game. Maybe at BC or Tech or obviously at UNC, Duke, or State, but not UVA.

Because it’s Friday?

UVA draws reasonably well

Friday game as well as it being a night game. UVA night games don’t draw the older crowd that they do for a 12 or 3:30 kick. I’d say it will be about 60-70% filled.

Interesting commentary on the strengths and weaknesses of both teams. Virginia's wild card is their QB and receivers. They are very good. The Wake defense could play very well but still get burned 3 or 4 times for TD's that keep UVA competitive into the fourth quarter. Deacs don't want a fourth quarter shoot out. Put the pedal to the metal and keep it down.

Interesting commentary on the strengths and weaknesses of both teams. Virginia's wild card is their QB and receivers. They are very good. The Wake defense could play very well but still get burned 3 or 4 times for TD's that keep UVA competitive into the fourth quarter. Deacs don't want a fourth quarter shoot out. Put the pedal to the metal and keep it down.

Wake D will need to play really good assignment football. Do what the called defense says to do. Don't try to do somebody else's job, just do your own very well. The Wake D-line needs to earn their scholarships and spend the evening in the UVA backfield.

Walker was really good at WFU but he wasn’t as good as he is being made out to be right now. Let’s see if he keeps it up over the course of 11 games. It sucks that he transferred and I would check to see how he is doing out of curiosity, but this post really sucks. It’s embarrassing to “appreciate” a player who quit on us last year and then transferred.

Wrong thread. I incorporate it by reference on the KWIII love thread.

I don't remember that, but could very well be true. His Wiki page cites health concerns for his retirement. Heck of a coach, passed away in 2019.

They faded in Welsh’s last few years. Sort of like us with Grobe. Frank Beamer won most all of the recruiting battles in the state against Va for a while.

I went to the Wake-UVa game in 2001. It was a great atmosphere. The UVa people and staff were very friendly. But I got sick of hearing Auld Lang Syne over and over again. Fortunately we won the game to break a long losing streak against them. I think the last time we beat them before that was 1983.

Yes hearing their school song at every score can get old in a high scoring game. Shut em up boys

We really need to find another way to criticize UVA fans other than calling them pretentious snobs. Unless we try the “ you’re even snobbier than us” angle.

We really need to find another way to criticize UVA fans other than calling them pretentious snobs. Unless we try the “ you’re even snobbier than us” angle.

we thread the needle of intellect without snobbery perfectly, thank you very much, unlike any other school or fanbase anywhere

we thread the needle of intellect without snobbery perfectly, thank you very much, unlike any other school or fanbase anywhere

Yes we’re close cousins in a number of ways, including our USNWR ranking and the types of recruits we pursue, though certainly different in others. But that’s why I want to get this win so badly.

yeah who do they think they are? in the end they're nothing more than PSF.

Back