• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at VIRGINIA 7 pm FRIDAY, ESPN2

I went to the Wake-UVa game in 2001. It was a great atmosphere. The UVa people and staff were very friendly. But I got sick of hearing Auld Lang Syne over and over again. Fortunately we won the game to break a long losing streak against them. I think the last time we beat them before that was 1983.

I think you mean “The Good Old Song”

For the life of me I dont understand why Wake continues to play these Friday night games. Friday night should be for HS football. Scheduling these games tonight takes away from the youngsters that play HS ball.

Many moons ago when I first arrived in Virginia, it was prevalent to have a decal in the rear window of cars which originally was the basic "The University of Virginia."

However, the hip thing was to cut off the last half so it read "The University." I needed to see nothing more in order to form my opinion of them.

All I want is for Wake to win decisively and to finish the game in an unsportsmanlike display of scoring against a humiliated defense as their fans file out in tears and despair. And for both teams to have fun.

Well, hopefully we don't have to hear their stupid New Year's fight song often tonight. The level of simping for "Mr. Jefferson" is exceptionally cringey, as well.

I went to the Wake-UVa game in 2001. It was a great atmosphere. The UVa people and staff were very friendly. But I got sick of hearing Auld Lang Syne over and over again. Fortunately we won the game to break a long losing streak against them. I think the last time we beat them before that was 1983.

Was this the Jason Anderson Game? Deep pass TD very late in the game. Check out that box score - man that team had some burners: https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/213070258

Yes, along with the start the season road win at ECU (decent team at that time), the UVA road win and UNC Julius Peppers sucking wind game...it was clear Grobe had turned things around instantly.

ECU radio broadcast opened that season with: "The March to the BCS". That pipe dream ended 3 hours later. LOLOLO. That was a fun season.

For the life of me I dont understand why Wake continues to play these Friday night games. Friday night should be for HS football. Scheduling these games tonight takes away from the youngsters that play HS ball.

Perhaps because it's on national tv at 7:00 PM?

It does have a snobbery snob, Lax Bros, popped pink polo collar feel to it, whenever we play UVA.

Or sort of like the Vanderbilt's versus the Mellon's in a game of polo or something.

I think they sort of have us beat with snobby law/judicial and history of the U.S. braggadocio stuff.

I think our defense is a lot better than we think.

I think the front 7 is good and will handle the running game and occasionally get some solid pressure. I think our secondary has the chance to be really good.

Perhaps because it's on national tv at 7:00 PM?

ACC Network needs content. Simple answer. I like it. Frees up my Saturday.

Its not just WF but they play these Friday games more than most. It really takes away from the youngsters under the "Friday Night Lights".

The game is on ESPN2, but don't let that detail spoil the narrative.

Oh wow. That's great.

There were ACC Network football games the last three Fridays including the ODU game. But don't let that detail spoil the narrative.

Forbes has some sweet WFU basketball cornhole boards for his tailgating.

Back