• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at VIRGINIA 7 pm FRIDAY, ESPN2

I’m fine with the Friday night games when they’re away or versus a cupcake.

It’s a detriment to recruiting when it’s a big game on a Friday night and all the recruits have games.

UVA plays us tonight and is in Miami on Thursday.

UVA plays us tonight and is in Miami on Thursday.

Oh I didn't know that, that absolutely sucks for them. Back to back weeks with one less day of rest than normal with two really important games for their season.

Oh I didn't know that, that absolutely sucks for them. Back to back weeks with one less day of rest than normal with two really important games for their season.

UVA is getting one more day rest than Miami, but Miami is playing a cupcake and doesn't have to travel. UVA then gets two extra days rest against Louisville, which plays Wake Forest next Saturday.

UVA is UNC. Don't care about high school football. Let's say you are in Kansas. I could head to my kid's high school game, but I think I'll stay home and watch Wake V UVA. It's just ridiculous.

UVA is getting one more day rest than Miami, but Miami is playing a cupcake and doesn't have to travel.

Yeah they get 6 days of rest compared to 5 for Miami, but I think teams would probably rather have 7 days of rest followed by 5 compared to two straight weeks of 6 days rest, but maybe that isn't always true. It's certainly gotta be true considering the travel/Miami's easy opponent this week.

No coach wants to play Thursday or Friday games. The conference requires teams to play on odd days or at odd times (I believe the Pac 12 has set kickoff for games at 9 or 10 am -- West Coast time) to fill TV programming slots. It's all about the money.

No coach wants to play Thursday or Friday games. The conference requires teams to play on odd days or at odd times (I believe the Pac 12 has set kickoff for games at 9 or 10 am -- West Coast time) to fill TV programming slots. It's all about the money.

Clawson has said there is no use in complaining about it because it's here to stay because of the TV contracts.

Late steam on WF and the over....

Line has dropped to 3.5. Total up to 69.5.

No team should play more than 1 in a $eason. Several years e have played more than one.

Friday night games have everything to do with additional revenue as a result of taking a time slot different from Saturdays. Problems with the day include fans who forget their alma mater plays on Friday instead of Saturday; high school football scheduling; Friday night game time is more difficult to attend at end of workday (same as Thursday night games too); the Saturday viewers don't even notice the game score if it is shown.

But the money from Fridays pays the bills. Many fans prefer having the Saturday schedule open up because their game is played on Fridays. Players and staff get an extra day of rest most weeks. If you win and it matters to the pundits they get to talk about you a little more on Saturday morning (not an experience WF has had the pleasure of enjoying as much as others).

The MAC conference plays a ton of Tuesday and Wednesday games in October and November. MACtion.... Literally no one goes to those games as they are played at night in the middle of the week, usually in crappy weather. Long ago the decision was made to sacrifice the interests of the players and the fans who would otherwise attend the games so that ESPN or FSN1 or some other entity has programming that will allow those networks to increase the costs of ads shown in those time slots.

The MAC conference plays a ton of Tuesday and Wednesday games in October and November. MACtion.... Literally no one goes to those games as they are played at night in the middle of the week, usually in crappy weather. Long ago the decision was made to sacrifice the interests of the players and the fans who would otherwise attend the games so that ESPN or FSN1 or some other entity has programming that will allow those networks to increase the costs of ads shown in those time slots.

And those networks pay the conferences/schools a hefty fee to do so.

The complaints about UVA's students and fans are hilarious. If there's any school in the conference than has a more similar student body and fanbase to us, I haven't seen it. They are the public school version of us, complete with the "We're just as good as Michigan and Cal" to our "We're just as good as Duke" mentality.

The complaints about UVA's students and fans are hilarious. If there's any school in the conference than has a more similar student body and fanbase to us, I haven't seen it. They are the public school version of us, complete with the "We're just as good as Michigan and Cal" to our "We're just as good as Duke" mentality.

The UVA rep that came to my high school to pitch the school was the most arrogant POS I met in that process. Kept going on about how if you are from out of state you have less chance of admission that you do getting into Harvard. He put his hand above his eyes and scanned the crowd and “so unless I’m staring at a bunch of 1600 SATs, everyone here not from Virginia better have a good backup plan”.

The UVA rep that came to my high school to pitch the school was the most arrogant POS I met in that process. Kept going on about how if you are from out of state you have less chance of admission that you do getting into Harvard. He put his hand above his eyes and scanned the crowd and “so unless I’m staring at a bunch of 1600 SATs, everyone here not from Virginia better have a good backup plan”.

That’s lousy. But not accurate and also anecdotal. The fact is that like most fanbases, UVA has some good folks and some less desirable ones. They just happen to be annoying in a different way than, say, NCSU’s.

Whether good or bad though, I hope we obliterate them in about 4 hrs.

here's the tweet

We let some HS twitter account break it to us that we'd be without our best safety. Cool

Thought the game was at 8 for some reason, gonna have to get to work on these beers.

Back