• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at VIRGINIA 7 pm FRIDAY, ESPN2

We have won our first 4 games by 20+ points, two of them over ACC schools. Has that ever happened for a Wake team?

No. We have never had consecutive 20+ ACC wins.

None of our games have been close and the last two weren’t nearly as close as the score or statistics indicated.

I think Louisville will probably be the best team that we have played thus far. FSU ran for 205 yards and 5.7 per carry against the UL defense, and UCF ran all over them as well. We're better than UL, and our running game will have success. Deacs by 14.

I wonder if he is just on the 2nd string kick return d. And we were rotating everyone at that point in the game. I don't remember him on any kickoffs prior to tonight.
No clue about kickoffs but he's definitely one of the first team gunners on punts, unless he was in the previous offensive series and needs a breather.

Just watched the recording from last night. The announcers at least gave us some begrudging props near the end of the game but they clearly only prepared for a UVA offensive explosion. Lot of homework on the uva qb got shoehorned into some stifled drives. Cool feature interview on his MMA or boxing whatever while we’re killing them. Oops. Meanwhile “Sam Hartman is a quarterback” for our guys. On our trick play TD the best they could do was “reminds me of something UVA would run” lol are you professionals or some fans who wandered into the booth.

Refs were worse. The dropped TD that counted with no review and 8yd play = first down were my favorites, HM to the uncalled holds on most plays. Pretty horrifying, fortunately we pounded them beyond the reaches of poor calls but that could have screwed a close game.

5 top 25 teams lost including #21 UNC . The door is open.

Puppies beat Clemson and BC won so I figure those two will take Top 25 spots ahead of us, and not sure beating UVA after they were dismantled by UNC last weekend moves the needle enough to get us in before some others. Right or wrong I expect we'll need a thorough trashing of Louisville in order to crack the Top 25.

Puppies beat Clemson and BC won so I figure those two will take Top 25 spots ahead of us, and not sure beating UVA after they were dismantled by UNC last weekend moves the needle enough to get us in before some others. Right or wrong I expect we'll need a thorough trashing of Louisville in order to crack the Top 25.

Wrong! #24 and thrashing of Louisville will lead to top 20!

The UVA play calling was confusing. It felt like as soon as they got into the redzone they would immediately depart from what was allowing them to drive down the field.

Speaking of confusion, by the 4th Quarter, UVA was totally confused.

I was at the game and after one of Wake's scores, the two kickoff receivers for UVA were so confused that they lined up on Wake's side of the field. They initially ran on the field to line up behind Wake's kickoff team and then had to run thru our kickoff formation to get to their side of the field. Unbeleivable!

Speaking of confusion, by the 4th Quarter, UVA was totally confused.

I was at the game and after one of Wake's scores, the two kickoff receivers for UVA were so confused that they lined up on Wake's side of the field. They initially ran on the field to line up behind Wake's kickoff team and then had to run thru our kickoff formation to get to their side of the field. Unbeleivable!

One of them was Mike Hollins, their starting RB -- and the time you saw was his second time, because he did the same thing in the first quarter.

Back