• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 43RD RYDER CUP THREAD - USA Dominant Dynasty Begins 19-9 ! LOL @ Padraig !!!

God Brooks Koepka is such an insufferable douche.

Americans are coming off as absolute tools right now in this discussion with the officials. Brooks: if I hurt my wrist I want to talk to both of you. What an obnoxious fuck.

Also why are they wearing these hoodies seems like that would be annoying as hell.

I didn't know until yesterday that Finau is Jabari Parker's second cousin and now I can't shake the resemblance

I'm almost rooting for Europe to make a little comeback this afternoon to make tomorrow interesting.

Dechambeau sees Bryson being a huge dick this morning, immediately tries to one up him on the first hole by being an even bigger asshole. I like a lot of the guys on the US team but those two are just impossible to support.

Dechambeau sees Bryson being a huge dick this morning, immediately tries to one up him on the first hole by being an even bigger asshole. I like a lot of the guys on the US team but those two are just impossible to support.

The funny thing is you named the same guy twice but no one needs clarification on your meaning.

Hopefully Michelle Obama can be proud of her country now.

Azinger must have said "most talented US team ever" 100 times over the weekend to make sure that he gets credit for being an amazing captain and winning with less, and Stricker doesnt get much credit for this huge beatdown with such a loaded team. He even wore his old Ryder Cup sweater to remind us. We get it Azinger - wow that pod system was genius!!! That US team was loaded that Azinger had as well and that damn pod system was classic overthinking on the captain's part but luckily we still won. All you got to do is make putts, no matter who is playing and no matter who is paired with whom.

The old golf mantra once more. Drive for show. Putt for dough.

Drunk DJ in the team press conference was great. He needs to get liquored up before every interview from now on.

Drunk DJ in the team press conference was great. He needs to get liquored up before every interview from now on.

Head down to Jupiter, FL and Palm Beach Gardens if you want to see a drunk DJ in his natural environment

Man I wish Azinger would go away. Once you realize how self-serving a few of his comments are you realize that essentially ALL of his comments are self-serving. There's always some jaded spin to his hot takes - and he basically says nothing of interest about golf itself. Johnny Miller may have been an ass but at least he could dissect a swing or pick up on little details in the course or a player's mechanics. The pinnacle of Azinger analysis is "Hovland's missed a couple putts left! Look out for him missing this putt left! Ok here it comes oh he drained it I guess he figured out his left miss!"

I liked Stricker as a captain. Sensible groups, good pairings, let 'em play. Pay lip service to all the prep nonsense, take a back seat. Funny to think back to 2018 and see things like Mickelson/Bryson or Tiger/Bryson in Foursomes, or running the same team out for 3 consecutive matches for 2 losses. Just listening to guys like Azinger and Watson buying into how much impact they're supposed to have is pretty pathetic. Also didn't have the problem of worshipping experience and seniority because Strick still plays with these guys on occasion and knows how good the young guys are. Didn't get sucked into drama or stupid decisions. Solid job.

Man I wish Azinger would go away. Once you realize how self-serving a few of his comments are you realize that essentially ALL of his comments are self-serving. There's always some jaded spin to his hot takes - and he basically says nothing of interest about golf itself. Johnny Miller may have been an ass but at least he could dissect a swing or pick up on little details in the course or a player's mechanics. The pinnacle of Azinger analysis is "Hovland's missed a couple putts left! Look out for him missing this putt left! Ok here it comes oh he drained it I guess he figured out his left miss!"

I liked Stricker as a captain. Sensible groups, good pairings, let 'em play. Pay lip service to all the prep nonsense, take a back seat. Funny to think back to 2018 and see things like Mickelson/Bryson or Tiger/Bryson in Foursomes, or running the same team out for 3 consecutive matches for 2 losses. Just listening to guys like Azinger and Watson buying into how much impact they're supposed to have is pretty pathetic. Also didn't have the problem of worshipping experience and seniority because Strick still plays with these guys on occasion and knows how good the young guys are. Didn't get sucked into drama or stupid decisions. Solid job.

Yes yes yes

Azinger must have said "most talented US team ever" 100 times over the weekend to make sure that he gets credit for being an amazing captain and winning with less, and Stricker doesnt get much credit for this huge beatdown with such a loaded team. He even wore his old Ryder Cup sweater to remind us. We get it Azinger - wow that pod system was genius!!! That US team was loaded that Azinger had as well and that damn pod system was classic overthinking on the captain's part but luckily we still won. All you got to do is make putts, no matter who is playing and no matter who is paired with whom.

Azinger is way more irritating than Faldo, and Faldo is the most smug human on the planet. Take a drink every time he says pressure on the weekend. I'd love to see NBC replace him with Jerry Foltz. Foltz has that FM radio voice, has a decent wit and doesn't take himself too seriously.

Classic American media starts talking dynasty while Spieth and Berger are still on the course.

That course is hard to watch as a spectator. I watched multiple people fall today and I think only one of them was due to boozing.

The terrain out there is makes for a more strenuous walk than I was prepared for. I was out there for Friday's round and also saw multiple folks go down.

Classic American media starts talking dynasty while Spieth and Berger are still on the course.

Dynasty?!? This is only our 5th win in 30 years, and I don't think we've won a road game since the 1980s. Win a road game before you start talking dynasty. And like the last road game, the next 1 will be on a fairly tight layout. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Euros are choosing tighter venues, and we're picking big venues like Whistling Straits and Bethpage. Though I don't care for the Congressional pick. I'd also like to see it back at Valderrama.

Dynasty?!? This is only our 5th win in 30 years, and I don't think we've won a road game since the 1980s. Win a road game before you start talking dynasty. And like the last road game, the next 1 will be on a fairly tight layout. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Euros are choosing tighter venues, and we're picking big venues like Whistling Straits and Bethpage. Though I don't care for the Congressional pick. I'd also like to see it back at Valderrama.

Typical media overreaction. However, Europe's "team" seems to be in a position of transition. Rahm of course will be the center piece for awhile, Hovland looks to be a contributor for several Cups to come as well, Rory is still pretty young, but who is going to start replacing the guys aging out like Westwood, Poulter, Casey and Garcia? Hatton and Fitzpatrick are nice players, but will they ever be word beaters? Weisberger doesn't really seem to be a guy that will ever be more than a role player. Does Francesco Molinari get back to being a top player in the world again for future Cups? Seems to me their future teams are much more uncertain than the USA's right now.

Back