• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 43RD RYDER CUP THREAD - USA Dominant Dynasty Begins 19-9 ! LOL @ Padraig !!!

I've heard Congressional is night and day from what is was before the updates. 30 acres of fescue added, links-style feel, moved #10 again, can play over 7,800 yards at a par 70. Should be a very different kind of test next time around.

Typical media overreaction. However, Europe's "team" seems to be in a position of transition. Rahm of course will be the center piece for awhile, Hovland looks to be a contributor for several Cups to come as well, Rory is still pretty young, but who is going to start replacing the guys aging out like Westwood, Poulter, Casey and Garcia? Hatton and Fitzpatrick are nice players, but will they ever be word beaters? Weisberger doesn't really seem to be a guy that will ever be more than a role player. Does Francesco Molinari get back to being a top player in the world again for future Cups? Seems to me their future teams are much more uncertain than the USA's right now.

I agree we have more good young players. And I could in theory see the President's Cup getting tighter than the Ryder Cup because the rest of the world is producing more good young golfers than Europe is (they already have as many top 50 players as Europe does). That said, let's see the US win on European soil for the 1st time in 30some years before talking about dynasties.

I've heard Congressional is night and day from what is was before the updates. 30 acres of fescue added, links-style feel, moved #10 again, can play over 7,800 yards at a par 70. Should be a very different kind of test next time around.

I love Congressional. Really good course. And its hard and long especially now. I have not played it though since the updates. It will be a good test for Ryder Cup.

Back