• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 43RD RYDER CUP THREAD - USA Dominant Dynasty Begins 19-9 ! LOL @ Padraig !!!

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA !

JT (playing with Spieth) missed a 5 footer to win the first hole against Rahm/Garcia.

USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA !

Kinda boring so far. If you miss the fairway, you lose the hole. Just hacking it around. Hope the drama ramps up soon

i think we would never lose a Ryder Cup if we didnt have captains. I would just like to try it once and see. Captains have to justify their role and that leads to way overthinking things and too many meetings and gets the US players out of their normal routines to play their best golf. Damn just throw the 12 players on a team and let them do whatever they want. All this "team building" stuff isnt what they're used to and its annoying and takes too much of their time. Let the players pair up themselves and let the guys with the most points play the most and down from there and lets see what happens - just once.

i think we would never lose a Ryder Cup if we didnt have captains. I would just like to try it once and see. Captains have to justify their role and that leads to way overthinking things and too many meetings and gets the US players out of their normal routines to play their best golf. Damn just throw the 12 players on a team and let them do whatever they want. All this "team building" stuff isnt what they're used to and its annoying and takes too much of their time. Let the players pair up themselves and let the guys with the most points play the most and down from there and lets see what happens - just once.

I'd like to see this too. Maybe keep qualification for the six normal spots the same and then give the remaining six spots to the players who accumulated the most qualifying points from that year's U.S. Open and onwards. So what if you end up with Kisner or Na qualifying because they get hot and it's a long course? They'd still contribute in the foursomes.

I think there was too much overthinking about the course length at Whistling Straits. Anyone who has played there can tell you that if you can't hit fairways and greens you'll rarely be able to scramble.

A "hands off" captain could do that. Make his Captain's picks, host a dinner before play starts. After dinner conversation sorts out who plays with whom and what format. Captain's writes it down and makes sure all spots are filled by the end of the meeting. After that, he makes like a good NFL owner and watches unless one of the players gets sick or injured. At the end, he shows up to pose with the trophy.

this US team seems focused and ready to kick ass

Azinger: "Florida State's first win of the season!"

Do not fall in lake.

JT (playing with Spieth) missed a 5 footer to win the first hole against Rahm/Garcia.

You could have put this on repeat the rest of the round. Spieth hit it great. JT putted like shit.

That course is hard to watch as a spectator. I watched multiple people fall today and I think only one of them was due to boozing.

You could have put this on repeat the rest of the round. Spieth hit it great. JT putted like shit.

JT basically forgetting how to putt this year has been one of the odder things in golf.

Countdown to the claw is on.

Back