• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hartman

ChrisL68

Riley Skinner
Reaction score
It looks like hes starting to develop a mastery of the offense very similar to how Wolford was his senior year. The potential is there for this offense to become elite for a period of time.

165ec4d9598305768f3594722bae8f20.jpg

was surprised how few times he kept it in and ran on the RPO but love that he’s not taking many hits

How many more years of eligibility does he have after this one?

How many more years of eligibility does he have after this one?

He’s a “sophomore” so he could play two more years after this one. He’s thrown 42 TDs this far. Skinner had 60 and Wolford had 59. He could (should?) be at those numbers at the end of this year alone.

Sam appears to be approaching senior Wolford’s mastery of the RPO. Both have good skill position players around them. John was the better runner IMO but Sam might be his equal in the passing game.

Sam has a tendency to read handoff when the correct read may be to pull it and run. However, I’ll take that trade off if it means keeping him healthy.

Mainly due to lack of quality playing time, I don’t feel as comfortable with the backup QB situation as we have in the recent past.

Sam is most useful to Wake when he is reading defenses and making them look bad. A few runs, just enough to keep defenses thinking about that possibility, OK. Newman level QB runs? Nope, nope, nope.

Bump

Two MASSIVE 2nd half 3rd down red zone plays for Sam

Of course there’s scrambling and finding ATP in the end zone. On the previous TD drive - Sam gets sacked and…no wait…he flips it out to Ellison for the 1st!

That almost sack-pass for a first down was phenomenal.

Our boy grew up tonight. Didn't play great but when the game was on the line he led us to a touchdown drive and the winning field goal drive-in the clutch. If he beats Duke and Syracuse I mean that would be a rare company of a wake quarterback winning 5 straight conference games.

I'm not sure anybody ever ran the offense better than senior year Wolford.

That said, Hartman is doing everything this offense needs so far.

I'm not sure anybody ever ran the offense better than senior year Wolford.

That said, Hartman is doing everything this offense needs so far.

Agreed. And I realize it's cliché as hell but Hartman is playing within his abilities.

I mean, he cost us 11 points with an overthrow and under throw to Roberson when he was twice wide open.

I don’t see the Wolford comparison yet. But he has made enough plays to get us to 5-0, which is pretty awesome.

Our boy grew up tonight. Didn't play great but when the game was on the line he led us to a touchdown drive and the winning field goal drive-in the clutch. If he beats Duke and Syracuse I mean that would be a rare company of a wake quarterback winning 5 straight conference games.

exactly.

Back