• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hartman

Sam putting up some solid numbers so far

FB_3IoWWUAAW4CP

So, the worst QBs in the country are:

1. Wisconsin Graham Mertz
2. Colorado's Brendon Lewis
3. Vandy's Ken Seals
4. D.J. U
5. Michael Penix Jr.

Sounds about right. All those teams have been dragged down by awful QB play.

CJ Stroud is putting up ridiculous numbers. FWIW, Matt Corral may not play this week.

I love the fact that Wake seems to keep finding quarterbacks that start for 3 or 4 years. Riley, Tanner, John, and soon to be Sam. It goes so far in development, gameplanning, recruiting, and on field success to help compete with the traditional powerhouse programs. I hope it continues.

It's kind of an oversimplification because obviously Hinton and Newton factor in here. It certainly beats the QB controversies we had before Riley:

Kuklick vs. Rusty
Sankey vs. Leak
Leak vs. MacPherson
Randolph vs. Mauk

I don't see Brennan Armstrong anywhere on there unless I'm just missing him.

Never mind. They hid the UVA logo under Louisville.

It's kind of an oversimplification because obviously Hinton and Newton factor in here. It certainly beats the QB controversies we had before Riley:

Kuklick vs. Rusty
Sankey vs. Leak
Leak vs. MacPherson
Randolph vs. Mauk

I always thought Anthony Young had a ton of talent and just kind of pissed it away here.

Yeah. I didn't include him because he was never really in the competitions except maybe vs. MacPherson. I think it speaks volumes about how our talent has improved that the dynamic between MacPherson and Young was somewhat similar to the dynamic between Wolford and Hinton and both of them are in the NFL.

Been a Wake fan too long: saw the thread title at the top of the page and assumed late-breaking news of an injury or suspension.

Kuklick vs. Rusty
Sankey vs. Leak
Leak vs. MacPherson
Randolph vs. Mauk

I won’t tolerate slandering the good name of Cory Randolph on here.

That chart is great. I remember when a couple of you clowns argued that Jack Coan was a better QB than Sam Hartman. It's not even close.

Been a Wake fan too long: saw the thread title at the top of the page and assumed late-breaking news of an injury or suspension.

I really think it is as much a baseline mindset as it is longevity as a WF fan.
Look at the experience of the bandwagon UNCCH fans—huge highs and lows mostly reflective of the hype machine and other stuff going on. WF deal more in facts cause we get no hype!

So is a Casey Thompson better than an Aidan O'Connell or Devin Leary?

I understand Sam and his parents will be in a taped feature interview on Game Day Saturday. I understand it is in large part abbot his brother’s suicide.

I understand Sam and his parents will be in a taped feature interview on Game Day Saturday. I understand it is in large part abbot his brother’s suicide.

Goodness. I didn't realize he lost his brother to suicide. That is tragic.

Last edited:
Back