• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

If he hadn’t worked for Clawson at WF, I could totally understand his condescending tone. It’s Duke. But it’s going to be a lot easier to continue hating Duke now that he spewed out that typical Duke crap. Let’s see if he tries to flip some of our recruits over the next 2 days. That would really get this off to a good start.

Can’t be mad at Elko for taking his first head coaching job and then talking up that job at the press conference. Of course he’s going do that, he’s a rival coach now.

Elko is nothing without the Claw. Perhaps they have a gentleman’s agreement not to try and steal committed recruits from each other. Even so, Duke is all ass and if Elko is smart he will pull a James Franklin and gtfu early. Can’t wait to beat those pussies again next year in front of 17 people at Wally Wade.

Elko is nothing without the Claw. Perhaps they have a gentleman’s agreement not to try and steal committed recruits from each other. Even so, Duke is all ass and if Elko is smart he will pull a James Franklin and gtfu early. Can’t wait to beat those pussies again next year in front of 17 people at Wally Wade.

There will be more than that! We’ve proven we have more than 6 fans. That will be our chance to prove we have more than 17!

He could have talked up Duke without trashing WF. He knew he was doing that, because he said so. He was saying sorry, but WF isn’t in Duke’s league. Watch the press conference on YouTube.

Meh. Clawson specifically shit on duke in his presser. Refused to call them by name.

College basketball has deteriorated to about a two month season that your average fan gives a shit about. College football garners year round interest. Duke is far behind the 8 ball in admitting this. Elko has ten times the mountain to climb than Clawson had because our basketball program was already in the shitter. College football pays the bills. Elko may be a great defensive coordinator, but being a head coach today is an entire different matter. IMO any P5 program that hires any coach who has never been a head coach anywhere is rolling the dice. Clawson was an experienced head coach. Elko has no clue what he is getting into. This could succeed, but would not surprise me if it ended badly.

College basketball has deteriorated to about a two month season that your average fan gives a shit about. College football garners year round interest. Duke is far behind the 8 ball in admitting this. Elko has ten times the mountain to climb than Clawson had because our basketball program was already in the shitter. College football pays the bills. Elko may be a great defensive coordinator, but being a head coach today is an entire different matter. IMO any P5 program that hires any coach who has never been a head coach anywhere is rolling the dice. Clawson was an experienced head coach. Elko has no clue what he is getting into. This could succeed, but would not surprise me if it ended badly.

Eh, Clawson was also a role of the dice. There is almost always risk with these things. Really the only exception is a hire like Saban to Alabama, when he had already had success at the same level of program in the same geography.

Brad White looks to be Kelly's choice for D-Coordinator at LSU. Another Boston boy down in the Bayou. Good for him if it happens.

Brad White looks to be Kelly's choice for D-Coordinator at LSU. Another Boston boy down in the Bayou. Good for him if it happens.

High risk and high reward move. LSU will pay big money, and if they have success, opportunities will abound (Dave Arranda used the LSU DC position to get the Baylor job). OTOH, Kelly is all about looking out for himself, Kelly won't hesitate to blame his assistants (and fire them), if LSU disappoints.

Some of y'all are being snowflakes about Elko. He's the coach at Duke. What's he supposed to say: "I hope we can get back on the level of Wake Forest, who goes to the ACC championship game once every 15 years" or "Duke has elite academics, elite basketball, and we're going to have elite football too on the level of Notre Dame"? Of course he's going to pump up his school. Is it largely bs? Absolutely. But he has to sell a vision to current players, recruits, fans, boosters, etc. And now Clawson needs to get his guys ready to go piss on that vision and kick their ass.

I'd feel differently if he trashed Clawson personally. But I believe he acknowledged and thanked Clawson and then stepped on Wake when talking up Duke.

what was Duke fan support like the year they went to the ACC CG and Peach Bowl?

Pretty decent at least by the end, it was more or less a full house for the last home game vs. Miami which was huge in the division race

High risk and high reward move. LSU will pay big money, and if they have success, opportunities will abound (Dave Arranda used the LSU DC position to get the Baylor job). OTOH, Kelly is all about looking out for himself, Kelly won't hesitate to blame his assistants (and fire them), if LSU disappoints.

Yes and it's anybody's guess as to what accent he will have when he announces those firings. For that, James Bond Russian bad guy would probably be appropriate and likely.

Some of y'all are being snowflakes about Elko. He's the coach at Duke. What's he supposed to say: "I hope we can get back on the level of Wake Forest, who goes to the ACC championship game once every 15 years" or "Duke has elite academics, elite basketball, and we're going to have elite football too on the level of Notre Dame"? Of course he's going to pump up his school. Is it largely bs? Absolutely. But he has to sell a vision to current players, recruits, fans, boosters, etc. And now Clawson needs to get his guys ready to go piss on that vision and kick their ass.

I'd feel differently if he trashed Clawson personally. But I believe he acknowledged and thanked Clawson and then stepped on Wake when talking up Duke.

LOL Did you watch the presser? Snowflake lol

Back