• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

And right on cue, a 5-star DE from Columbus, GA, who USC spent time and money recruiting, decommits from USC and commits to Georgia.

being a more successful program and being an attractive job opening are two very different things imo.

I believe most if not all head coaches think they can be a winner given the right resources and talent in the area. The better question might be, where would you rather win? USC is the obvious answer.

Do think the choice between USC and LSU could be driven by geography. Pete Carroll is a better fit at USC than LSU. Ed Ogeron coached at both, and he is clearly a better fit at LSU. Couldn't see Jimbo Fisher in LA, but he would be at home at LSU.

Rolovich is suing the Washington State: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32437269/ex-washington-state-coach-nick-rolovich-sue-firing

Had to be a clause in the contract which required Rolovich, in carrying out his duties as WSU coach, to abide by all applicable laws and regulations. He didn't. Realize that the move to sue was made in the hopes that Wazzu would rather settle than fight this, but this seems like a case that could be decided on a motion to dismiss or summary judgment.

Jeremy Stephens, who was fired with cause by Tennessee, also preparing to sue.

Agree that both USC & LSU are top ten jobs that probably appeal to different groups of coaches.

LSU probably a better job right now, but I'm sure there are some guys that would prefer USC.

James Franklin, for example, seems much more like a USC guy than a LSU guy... But he seems most like a PSU guy (given he's from PA).

Luke Fickell doesn't seem like a fit for either (and probably only moves for OSU).

Urban Meyer seems like more of a USC guy than a LSU guy.

Urban Meyer seems like a guy who is going to need to make it work in Jacksonville if he wants to continue to be a football coach.

Agree that both USC & LSU are top ten jobs that probably appeal to different groups of coaches.

LSU probably a better job right now, but I'm sure there are some guys that would prefer USC.

James Franklin, for example, seems much more like a USC guy than a LSU guy... But he seems most like a PSU guy (given he's from PA).

Luke Fickell doesn't seem like a fit for either (and probably only moves for OSU).

Urban Meyer seems like more of a USC guy than a LSU guy.

Weirdly Nick Saban feels more like a USC guy

Urban Meyer seems like a guy who is going to need to make it work in Jacksonville if he wants to continue to be a football coach.

The guy wins. There are no shortage of schools that would be falling all over themselves to hire him.

ADs can make public comments about his character, but they'd still hire him if they could.

Rolovich is suing the Washington State: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...shington-state-coach-nick-rolovich-sue-firing

Had to be a clause in the contract which required Rolovich, in carrying out his duties as WSU coach, to abide by all applicable laws and regulations. He didn't. Realize that the move to sue was made in the hopes that Wazzu would rather settle than fight this, but this seems like a case that could be decided on a motion to dismiss or summary judgment.

Seems like their argument is that the AD discriminated against Rolovich by holding him to the same laws as everyone else. Good luck with that.

Rolovich is suing the Washington State: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32437269/ex-washington-state-coach-nick-rolovich-sue-firing

To overly simplify a somewhat complicated topic, employers can mandate the vaccine for all employees physically entering the workplace, so long as reasonable accommodations are made consistent with the ADA and Title VII. The ADA would cover instances where a condition prohibited getting the vaccine. Title VII accommodations would cover religious exemptions.

I think it's safe to say this idiot didn't have a legitimate disability or condition covered by the ADA. I believe that he requested a religious exemption. I'm still entirely unclear as to what religion would prohibit him from receiving the vaccine. And even if that was legit, there's an argument that an unvaccinated head coach represents an undue hardship on the employer. So, basically, fuck him.

He claims to be a devout Catholic but the Pope came out weeks ago and said people should get vaccinated. He seems like a dumbass who pissed away a $3M job. They don't have a particularly tough schedule. Finish out the season right and he's probably a contender for the USC job.

I'm sure there are plenty of evangelical pastors telling their congregations that they are religiously exempt

Back