• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

Yeah, that's my fault for the poor phrasing. What I meant to convey is that I am not aware of any religious doctrine that would support such a refusal. Catholicism certainly is not it.

I believe most if not all head coaches think they can be a winner given the right resources and talent in the area. The better question might be, where would you rather win? USC is the obvious answer.

It might be easier to win in a pussy conference like the Pac 12 or even the ACC, but slaying giants like Bama, UGA, FL, etc. on the way to a natty is way more satisfying.

I also would rather be coaching on the sidelines of the real Death Valley in front of 102K than the aging LA coliseum that would be half full at best.

For purposes of accommodations, protected religious practices are those defined as including "moral or ethical beliefs as to what is right and wrong which are sincerely held with the strength of traditional religious values. I think they're going to have a field day with the motion to dismiss.

I’d imagine someone in that position would have to prove they haven’t had a vaccine and don’t vaccinate their kids.

I think that would be relevant evidence Ph. Remember, even if he can meet the standard of "sincerely held religious belief," the employer can still show that being forced to provide an accommodation would cause them an undue hardship. I think that would be the case here.

Les Miles, who was mediocre at Oklahoma State and who managed to win 3 whole games at Kansas, figured out how to win a natty at LSU. I'd take my chances there over USC.

Stealing this question from the CFB subreddit, assume the same salary and same budget for assistants. You're given 5 years to make the playoff and 10 years to win a natty. Are you taking the LSU or USC job?

I think I'd still stick with LSU. USC's path to the playoff is easier in that their schedule is easier, but it's a lot easier to make the playoff at LSU with a loss on your record whereas you'd probably need to be undefeated at USC.

Last edited:
I'm going to guess that a head coach (and maybe more importantly, the assistants) can find waaaaaayyyyyy more affordable housing in Baton Rouge, LA than L.A.

I obviously have no idea, but if I had to guess I would bet that the Washington State coach is a Christian Scientist. In my view that religion is more than a little batty but people that were raised in that manner sincerely believe in its tenets, which, if I understand correctly, include eschewing all medicines. They won't even take aspirin. I am no expert in the religion, for sure, but that was my understanding based on having a close friend growing up that tried to educate me on the subject. Happy to be corrected if I am wrong.

There's no need to guess his religion. He said he's a "devout Catholic." Just read the articles and the posts about the articles.

I obviously have no idea, but if I had to guess I would bet that the Washington State coach is a Christian Scientist. In my view that religion is more than a little batty but people that were raised in that manner sincerely believe in its tenets, which, if I understand correctly, include eschewing all medicines. They won't even take aspirin. I am no expert in the religion, for sure, but that was my understanding based on having a close friend growing up that tried to educate me on the subject. Happy to be corrected if I am wrong.

He's catholic.

https://sports.yahoo.com/as-the-pop...ines-fired-coach-nick-rolovich-162857442.html

He's Catholic.

It might be easier to win in a pussy conference like the Pac 12 or even the ACC, but slaying giants like Bama, UGA, FL, etc. on the way to a natty is way more satisfying.

I also would rather be coaching on the sidelines of the real Death Valley in front of 102K than the aging LA coliseum that would be half full at best.

I think winning national championships is exciting. Being a big deal in LA would be way better than being a big deal in Baton Rouge.

Church of Christ, Scientist would be exempt.

I haven't read any of the COVID threads on these here OGB boards to know if this has made the rounds, but among hospital employees, there has been a push for religious vaccine exemptions based upon the testing of the vaccine on fetal cell lines. The problem with this is that it requires the individual also to eschew a boat load of common medications, like Benadryl, Sudafed, and Tylenol.

I don't know any more about Rolovich than what I've read in the last 24 hours, but I wonder if that's the legal fine line he's trying to walk. To me, it's an obvious attempt to circumvent the mandate, but IANAL. However, I wonder if it might be a way for a Catholic to assert a "sincerely held religious belief", irrespective of what the Pope has said.

I think winning national championships is exciting. Being a big deal in LA would be way better than being a big deal in Baton Rouge.

Haha! Yeah winning a tile in Southern Cali would be a big deal for like 5 minutes. Win one in SEC and you are a god albeit for a short period of time, but still. Baton Rouge is a dump, but SEC is king of hill. No one can deny that. Ain’t that right biff?

USC had to cheat to win the natty. Didn’t even count.

Back